Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

It's interesting, but the players seem one-sided on the affair(s). Tapping up is nothing new, but if Shaw stands up and says he wants to go to Utd on the first day of the window and there's an offer already there. Makes you wonder.

Yes, it can go both ways. Agents are certainly allowed to fish around for interest in their clients.

Reading between the lines I take it that Shaw and Lallana's heads got turned by the big two initially, and then when Southampton made absolutely no attempt to turn them back and completely ignored both players, key to the locker room, it started the rumblings of discontent. Then the manager is let go, the sales start; and most everyone it seems is totally disillusioned at everything they'd all fully bought into and given everything for the last few years being ripped out from under them. 

Can't blame any player at St. Mary's who wants out now. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see you guys snag the Frenchmen for one in the coming weeks. 

Koeman's walked into a ****storm and a half. IF he keeps them up there's a MOTY candidate right there. 

Hail. 

Reading between the lines I take it that Shaw and Lallana's heads got turned by the big two initially, and then when Southampton made absolutely no attempt to turn them back and completely ignored both players, key to the locker room, it started the rumblings of discontent. Then the manager is let go, the sales start; and most everyone it seems is totally disillusioned at everything they'd all fully bought into and given everything for the last few years being ripped out from under them. 

Can't blame any player at St. Mary's who wants out now. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see you guys snag the Frenchmen for one in the coming weeks. 

Koeman's walked into a ****storm and a half. IF he keeps them up there's a MOTY candidate right there. 

Hail. 

Any chance that Southampton just saw that as a betrayal—to ask for their leave? I get the vibe that it was seen as more of a family thing there.

Article could be right though that they'll just sell the club and pocket the 70M in profit. 

Agreed on Koeman. 

So Van Gaal is (paying lip service no doubt) saying that there may be no more signings and he's satisfied with what he's seen from (the garbage for modern day Utd) that he inherited. 

I wonder if truth be told just how many players they've approached this summer to be turned down due to no Champions League football?

And it gets worse the longer you miss. 

Happy days.  :D .

Hail.

• Like 2

I like what I saw from Campbell and Bellerin. Sanogo has a ton of potential but he's still too raw to be the 2nd option as the point of the spear. Between the two wide players of Ox and Campbell, Ox was 2nd best IMO. 

Rosicky amazes me at how sprightly he is at 33. 

I like what I saw from Campbell and Bellerin. Sanogo has a ton of potential but he's still too raw to be the 2nd option as the point of the spear. Between the two wide players of Ox and Campbell, Ox was 2nd best IMO. 

Rosicky amazes me at how sprightly he is at 33. 

Yeah but Chamberlian is proven quality at the highest level. Not just a relaxed friendly. 

Hail. 

So Van Gaal is (paying lip service no doubt) saying that there may be no more signings and he's satisfied with what he's seen from (the garbage for modern day Utd) that he inherited. 

I wonder if truth be told just how many players they've approached this summer to be turned down due to no Champions League football?

And it gets worse the longer you miss. 

Happy days.  :D .

Hail.

It's hard to approach the season with the same unbridled optimisim as say a club that lost their best player by a wide margin but hey, I like what I've seen so far and last time I checked David Moyes was replaced by one of the best managers of this generation who didn't seem to be bothered by the lack of CL football for the first time in practically two decades. Hang on to those happy days while they last.

Pool kits are schweett.

As are Milan's but that's to be expected 

I loved 'em.

My brother wasn't fond of the yellow until he saw them today.

Very cool experience today.  Man, to be able to see this team on a weekly basis (live) must be an absolute treat.

But I know our friends across the pond feel the same way about the BnG.

Just a really great time today. :D

Very cool experience today. Man, to be able to see this team on a weekly basis (live) must be an absolute treat.

But I know our friends across the pond feel the same way about the BnG.

Just a really great time today. :D

Oh HELL NO! Youse aren't getting away with being as laconic as that. You've just finally broken your live match cherry man.

We want a FULL rundown of your day!

Hail.

• Like 2

Oh HELL NO! Youse aren't getting away with being as laconic as that. You've just finally broken your live match cherry man.

We want a FULL rundown of your day!

Hail.

:lol:

Charlotte is a nice city.  Very clean, very pretty.  The mass transportation is alright but very small... so we arrive in Charlotte at 515 or so (630 kickoff) but we don't get on a train until 540 or so.  We get to the ground at 615, so I start booking it with my brother to get up to Bank of America by kickoff, etc.  (At this time I am not pleased with anyone other than myself and I am not pleased at all with the city of Charlotte) but we briskley walk up the three or four blocks to the stadium through a large groups of fans in Red.  I may have seen 100 Milan fans all night out of the 70,000 that showed up.  There were several neutrals, but mainly we were Red and it was awesome.

We were 15 rows behind Mignolet to start the game and over towards the tunnel.  So we got a great look at the field, the LFC Players warming up, and the bench.  It was awesome to see other Liverpool fans like this, it wasn't like Boston or Yankee stadiums, this was ridiculous.  The guy to our right was from Atlanta, he had his family with him.  He was a member of a Club in Atlanta that got together at a Pub and watched games, etc.  Very cool and very nice cat.  The guys in front were from a club in Raleigh here in North Carolina.  Those guys were younger, but knew all of the cool songs (in my opinion).  There was a family behind us that drove all the way from Ohio.  They were at their first game.  And to my left, we had a Scouse Lady (probably mid-40s) who had top 5 cleavage of all time.  And I mean off ALL TIME.  As I walk to my seat and sit down I make sure my brother knows that I am sitting next to her.  I look over at her and look down at her cleavage right away.  She looks over at me (catching me looking) and says, "You'll get to see them if Stevie gets a goal lad".  I turned to the field and shouted at BR to get Stevie in the game ASAP.   :lol:

Unfortunately, she never flashed anyone. :P

It was really cool to sing YNWA with 70,000 folks.  Was really bummed that NBC didn't show that.  They showed everyone else's except ours.  Was pretty upset about that but I didn't realize that until I got home, so no worries.

I will get this out of the way now... that ref was horrible.  He literally looked like he had been doing middle school and high school games his whole life.  That's all I will say about that.

Now, the game play was OUTSTANDING.  I never realized on tv just how compact world class football is.  We're talking at times, 25 yards between back fours and all 22 players were between that 25 yards.  You don't see that in MLS and you don't see that in World Cup.  It's just the highest level of football and it was truly incredible to see.

I didn't really care for the Allen goal.  I was happy about it, but I was ho-hum for whatever reason.  Now, the Suso goal was right in front of me and it was late.  The team had kicked the ball around for about 15 minutes or so and outside of a couple of really good defensive plays by Sakho and Skrtel nothing was really happened, but then in the 88th/89th or so, it's like they flipped a switch and wanted to come down to our end and give us a goal and they did!  It was great. 

After the game we hung out in the stadium for about 45 minutes or so.  Sung YNWA to the players and they walked around the stadium and applauded all of us.  It made me feel good that all of the players and BR spent an extra minute in our section and a lot of the players threw equipment and stuff up in our area. 

Walking back to the train station was great, too.  Sung the whole way from the stadium concourse until we boarded the train.  Just an amazing night.  Truly had an excellent time. 

Edited by DC9

But as is on this board, the LFC fans and family atmosphere that exists between them/us is always first and foremost.  I'm very happy to be a part of it and to have finally experienced it in a large setting like that.

• Like 1

And to my left, we had a Scouse Lady (probably mid-40s) who had top 5 cleavage of all time.  And I mean off ALL TIME.  As I walk to my seat and sit down I make sure my brother knows that I am sitting next to her.  I look over at her and look down at her cleavage right away.  She looks over at me (catching me looking) and says, "You'll get to see them if Stevie gets a goal lad".  I turned to the field and shouted at BR to get Stevie in the game ASAP.   :lol:

Unfortunately, she never flashed anyone. :P

That is SO Liverpool.  :lol:  :lol:

I was in Charlotte in '04. Gorgeous city in a beautiful part of the Country. And of course a certain Joseph Jackson Gibbs resides there so it's the single best place in America.  :P

Made up you had such a fantastic time lil' bro'. (And yeah, Allen did his utmost to miss. How he hit the post with two thirds of the goal to hit is beyond me.).

Hail. 

• Like 1

That FA cup isn't worth a shot in Merseyside.  But it's full of piss and vinegar in North London :lol: .

Hell of a match against Monaco.  ;)

Alexis Sanchez will be playing a full half today. Super-excited!!

Made some good runs when they moved him inside. 

Leave it to Arsene to misuse him.  Arsene might be the only guy in the BPL besides Peligrini who likes wingers more than BR.

He'll soon be wishing that his family didn't want to live in London so badly.

• Like 1

Do you guys get a trophy in you win Monday?

Those Euro Cups look pretty lonely.

Oh and remember that Gerrard said Suarez was too big for Arsenal first...

Well when he's just left a club with as many European trophys as Arsenal has cherished FA Cups he has a point.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

This plus a million bucks. And another one over Utd.  :P

Hey, it's like a mini FA Cup. You guys should enter.  :lol:

Hail. 

They were too busy losing their namesake competition with the handpicked opponents.

Sturridge is back your way, now.  It'll have to be Lambert tomorrow if nothing else. 

But do you get a trophy Monday or nah?

We'll try.

We'll try. 

Real won it last year and they turned out okay.

Maybe it's an Omen if we win?

Wouldn't that make this thread hard to deal with?  You see my avi, GHH's avi, Jo's avi and this thread bumped to the top for most of May and you just roll your eyes and go back to the stadium to talk about the new safety we've drafted.

Maybe even buy some Red gear?  Who knows?

I mean, we can love you better. ;)

• Like 1