Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yeah I agree there

Sanogo is one of the oddest moving athletes I've seen in any sport

Not any odder than Giroud, in my book. That was my first knock on Giroud after seeing him play—he doesnt' move gracefully. He's a plodder but he plays the position nicely for us, would prefer he score more goals but 20 isn't bad. With just a bit more luck and sharpness, he could be a 30 goal scorer in all comps. 

Not any odder than Giroud, in my book. That was my first knock on Giroud after seeing him play—he doesnt' move gracefully. He's a plodder but he plays the position nicely for us, would prefer he score more goals but 20 isn't bad. With just a bit more luck and sharpness, he could be a 30 goal scorer in all comps. 

Apparently giroud just got re-upped for two more seasons

Headed to Fed Ex to see Manchester Utd vs Inter. Nice summer breeze tonight right before kickoff. Should be fun. 

I'm jealous.  I really wanted to go check this out but couldn't justify the pretty steep prices after a rough month with unexpected expenses.

Anyone going to the DC United game tomorrow?  I saw you can get a ticket, beer, and hot dog for $15.

I'd fancy my chances of scoring in Greece. Shrugs.

Lukaku's just pace and power to me with little else the more I see him. Same as Benteke who would of lead Belgiums line where it not for injury. And he got found out second season before he went down.

I actually really hope Everton get him as I can't see him doing as well this season.

Hail.

Lukaku has some work to do for sure, and I don't see Everton signing him, but that makes no sense. He's not even in his prime yet and he scored 15 goals last year, right after scoring 17 at West Brom. Wherever he goes he will score goals.

Agger to Barca is all but done.

Amen.

Where you hearing that man?

And what price?

Wouldn't be too upset if true. Quality, classy player (hey, we can slug this out in the back yard when I'm back) but FAR too injury prone.

I guess Skrtel will now get 1 more year. Yay us.

Hail.

*Edt* NM. 12 million I'll take that.

Reus rejects new contract.

£ 27 million release clause in current one.

The plot thickens.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I was in NJ for the match, btw. Got to see some good Arsenal friends that I haven't seen in almost a decade. 

Cazorla is a treat to watch in person. But the big wish for me is that Diaby stays healthy. Can't take anything away from an exhibition but you could just see that he still had the vision and accuracy to put that ball on a dime. I don't care if it's NY Red Bulls or Barca, if you can see your teammate and loft a pass right onto his foot in tight areas over and over then you still have game. 

I hope if no one wants to take a chance on him in Europe that he moves to MLS early. 

Here are my predictions from the rest of the transfer window for Liverpool:

1. Agger is sold

2. Sahko takes the #5 jersey (just to annoy GHH)

3. Hendo is named vice captain (just to annoy DC)

4. No more players will be brought in this window.

5. Ibe stays with the big club

Edited by jobaga

Where you hearing that man?

And what price?

Wouldn't be too upset if true. Quality, classy player (hey, we can slug this out in the back yard when I'm back) but FAR too injury prone.

I guess Skrtel will now get 1 more year. Yay us.

Hail.

*Edt* NM. 12 million I'll take that.

Reus rejects new contract.

£ 27 million release clause in current one.

The plot thickens.

Aren't those pieces starting to come together?

I know that PSG played Remy while injured... but I also think there was more to him failing his medical than meets the eye. 

And for what Agger has done for this team, I will forever be greatful.  But full disclosure, he's been off for years, now (for me).

Here are my predictions from the rest of the transfer window for Liverpool:

1. Agger is sold

2. Sahko takes the #5 jersey (just to annoy GHH)

3. Hendo is named vice captain (just to annoy DC)

4. No more players will be brought in this window.

5. Ibe stays with the big club

:lol:

I actually LOVE Hendo, so long as he doesn't take any shots at the goal from inside the 18... which he will undoubtably hit with the crispness and finesse of Sebastian Janikowski.

I'm calling it now, we're either signing Rues, Bony, or both.

?..I'm calling it now, we're either signing Rues, Bony, or both.

Everything I have seen states that Rodgers has no interest in Bony (especially at the fee Swansea are asking for him). If anything, I can see an unsuccessful run at Vidal over the next few day and an equally unsuccessful run at Isco at the end of the window...all the while rumors and speculation about Rues will lead to nothing...

Lukaku has some work to do for sure, and I don't see Everton signing him, but that makes no sense. He's not even in his prime yet and he scored 15 goals last year, right after scoring 17 at West Brom. Wherever he goes he will score goals.

Enjoy him. Everton have agreed a £ 24 million club record fee for him with Chelsea.

Hail.

Well apparently Everton is signing Lukaku. Color me incredibly surprised. GHH will be rejoicing.

Enjoy him. Everton have agreed a £ 24 million club record fee for him with Chelsea.

Hail.

Yeah, Im rather shocked it happened. I AM happy to have him, I obviously disagree with your assessment. :D

Didnt think it had a chance of happening. I guess we will see GHH this year who is right.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Well apparently Everton is signing Lukaku. Color me incredibly surprised. GHH will be rejoicing.

Yeah, Im rather shocked it happened. I AM happy to have him, I obviously disagree with your assessment. :D

Didnt think it had a chance of happening. I guess we will see GHH this year who is right.

7 PM (2 PM EST) press conference called by Everton tonight. So I guess it's official.

I'm mixed. Happy you well paid over the odds IMO for a limited player. On the flip side he's better than anything Everton has up front.

Hail.