Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I wonder if the Southampton owners are making all these sales in preparation for selling the club and pushing the value up? Because at the minute they're a knocking bet for relegation.

Scandalous goings on down the South Coast. Hell knows what you'd think if you where a fan it

or player. The mere stupidity of not replacing as they've gone along is mind boggling enough. Now they need half a team or so and everyone knows they have a shed load of money so the price on anyone just got highly inflated for them.

Crazy stupidity.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Hi GHH, can you keep us posted about what the hell is going on with Remy ?

I heard that the problem comes from Borini who supposedly doesn't want to leave.

Firstly, thank you for the Sakho run down man. Appreciated as always.

The latest rumour on Remi is a heart condition showed up. But like his current manager Harry Redknapp said, he's had two moves the past year to QPR and Newcastle on loan and passed every medical with flying colours, along with playing for France in Brazil this summer; so he's totally baffled by how this has collapsed.

Either Liverpools medicals are super stringent, or there's far more to this than anyone's saying.

For the price he seems a complete nobrainer to me regardless. Looking at Borini since he came back, he's never going to cut it at Anfield. Sunderland played direct. We play pass and move into feet and his first touch and passing are shocking at times. He'd be useless as a lone striker in BR system. And with Sturridges injury history, he's all we currently have behind him.

This is rapidly turning into a major problem.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Scandalous goings on down the South Coast. Hell knows what you'd think if you where a fan it

or player. The mere stupidity of not replacing as they've gone along is mind boggling enough. Now they need half a team or so and everyone knows they have a shed load of money so the price on anyone just got highly inflated for them.

Never considered the thought that selling teams will be jacking up the prices on them. Very good point.

I wonder if the Southampton owners are making all these sales in preparation for selling the club and pushing the value up? Because at the minute they're a knocking bet for relegation.

Crazy stupidity.

Hail.

As a Saints fan, sad to see last years team gutted in this fashion but feared the worse when Pochettino left for Spurs.

The only good thing is that we have managed to get good value for the players who have left. We should now have about 100 million to spend. The board said that all money from transfers would be available to the manager, but I won't believe that until I have seen it spent. There have been rumours ever since Markus Liebherr died that the family wanted to sell the club, but they seemed to die down a bit last year as Katharina become more visibly involved after the ousting of Nicola Cortese as chairman. 

These probably a couple more to leave as Dani Osvaldo won't be back after his bust up last year (rumoured to Inter). There also supposedly interest in Jay Rodriguez from Liverpool (any news about that from your end GHH), Man City & Spurs, and the perpetually rumoured Morgan Schneiderlin to Arsenal.

The difference in the quality of player is evident to the naked eye as far as Shaw vs Chambers, if you ask me. Shaw just has that extra touch of class.

Shaw was a much better than Chambers last year, but I think Arsenal got a better deal in Chambers for 16 million than Man U did with Shaw at 27 million.

At the moment Shaw is a much better defender at full back and was better going forward as well, but Chambers should improve defensively as he spent most of his time at the academy playing in midfield. 

As a Saints fan, sad to see last years team gutted in this fashion but feared the worse when Pochettino left for Spurs.

The only good thing is that we have managed to get good value for the players who have left. We should now have about 100 million to spend. The board said that all money from transfers would be available to the manager, but I won't believe that until I have seen it spent. There have been rumours ever since Markus Liebherr died that the family wanted to sell the club, but they seemed to die down a bit last year as Katharina become more visibly involved after the ousting of Nicola Cortese as chairman. 

These probably a couple more to leave as Dani Osvaldo won't be back after his bust up last year (rumoured to Inter). There also supposedly interest in Jay Rodriguez from Liverpool (any news about that from your end GHH), Man City & Spurs, and the perpetually rumoured Morgan Schneiderlin to Arsenal.

Shaw was a much better than Chambers last year, but I think Arsenal got a better deal in Chambers for 16 million than Man U did with Shaw at 27 million.

At the moment Shaw is a much better defender at full back and was better going forward as well, but Chambers should improve defensively as he spent most of his time at the academy playing in midfield. 

How many of those players that left were from your youth system? What do they do differently than the other clubs?

Ive read a lot of Saints fans rate Chambers higher than Shaw.

Shaw's advantage is that left back is a more premium position than right back. I just dont want Chambers to get Phil Jones'd. He needs to master one position.

Potential are you kidding Chambers is already the best right back in the world.

How many of those players that left were from your youth system? What do they do differently than the other clubs?

Shaw, Chambers and Lallana all came through the youth system. Schneiderlin came to us at 18 (2008). The academy has also produced Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott & Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as well as several other less well known players in the last few years, There still about 4 or 5 young players at the club that they have high hopes for.  

Some of the success of the youth system is geographic, we are the biggest club (outside London) in the South of England so they can draw on quite a big talent pool. They pick up quite a few talented players at 15/16 from the smaller southern clubs. Some of it is reputation, we are known as a club which will give youth a chance so it becomes easier to recruit young players when you can show examples of players making it in to the first team. Some of it is the money the club has invested in the academy, they have been willing to invest in the facilities & coaching at that level even when the money has been tight at the club.

PS it's time to for us Gooners to take over this thread. lol

I love DC9 and GHH is ok but I cannot stand anymore Liverpool circle jerks lol

Wait, WHAT?!!!!!!

I'm the better looking, funnier older one who's dulcet Scouse tones has woman swooning the World over. (Something about gals and accents.).

Yet just because he's an all American hero who can kill a man with one finger he gets all the love!

Pah, screw yers all! Moma knows I'm the best and that's ALL that counts!

Hail.