Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yeah a little vague. Everton announced a 7pm press conference, 2 pm ET, which is expected to be Lukaku. Its now an hour later and it hasnt started.

It was delayed due to a 'paper work delay.'

Only Everton could mess up their own presser to announce their record signing. Once a SMALL club and all that .....

He's officially a blue now.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yeah.... Im super excited right now. Without Lukaku our forward options are very poor. Excited to get someone of his talents, if he keeps improving it will be huge for us.

Reports are Everton have confirmed the Lukaku signing. £28M. Twenty. Eight. Million.

Chelsea have robbed them.

Thats why I never thought it would happen, and am not shocked. I figured thats about what he would cost. Without him we were going to struggle with no forward options.

Yeah.... Im super excited right now. Without Lukaku our forward options are very poor. Excited to get someone of his talents, if he keeps improving it will be huge for us.

He's a good player and he has room to improve - first touch and movement for example. He is not worth close to £28M though IMO.

He's a good player and he has room to improve - first touch and movement for example. He is not worth close to £28M though IMO.

What do you think he was worth? I figured he would either go somewhere else for 24-25M.

Especially since we need a top forward I would rather drop 28M on Lukaku, who we know plays well for us, then 25 on Shaw or Lllana.

What do you think he was worth? I figured he would either go somewhere else for 24-25M.

Especially since we need a top forward I would rather drop 28M on Lukaku, who we know plays well for us, then 25 on Shaw or Lllana.

Lallana and Shaw were way over priced as well IMO. I like Shaw more of those two, I think he has a chance to be a really good player but he is far from the finished article and for what UTD paid he should be.

As for Lukaku something like £15-18M would have been top of the market for me. He's a player Chelsea did not want who is coming off a poor World Cup. I don't think there was anyone else in seriously for him either.

Martinez is no fool though and he has played well for you before - but I think Chelsea made out like bandits here.

Edited by MartinC

Lallana and Shaw were way over priced as well IMO. I like Shaw more of those two, I think he has a chance to be a really good player but he is far from the finished article and for what UTD paid he should be.

As for Lukaku something like £15-18M would have been top of the market for me. He's a player Chelsea did not want who is coming off a poor World Cup. I don't think there was anyone else in seriously for him either.

Martinez is no fool though and he has played well for you before - but I think Chelsea made out like bandits here.

Thats a fair point. I guess we shall see this year. If he puts together a 3rd year in a row with a bunch of goals I think it will prove worth it. Definitely needs to work on his first touch, hopefully Martinez can help him with that. I would have been blown away if he had sold for less than 20M, I just think that these days all transfers are inflated over what they used to be.

I think that's just where world football is headed, Marty.

Overpriced transfers.

It should emphasize the importance of early identification through scouting and actually having an academy. Or you won't survive anything but middle-of-the-table competition.

Especially since we need a top forward I would rather drop 28M on Lukaku, who we know plays

well for us, then 25 on Shaw or Lllana.

Echoing Mr C.

IF I was weighing up a move for Lukaku I'd be looking around the 15 mark and wouldn't go past £ 18 million tops. He'll score goals but he's got little more to his game than pace and power to me. Decent in the air like. Don't see him getting 20 or more a season any time soon.

Also like Martin (and it's like comparing apples to oranges with three different positional players); Shaw would be my pick of the three as he has the potential to be a quality full back. But that's all he is. Raw, inexperienced potential. Not enamoured at all with the Lallana signing who's just an average midfielder to me.

Both Chelsea and Southampton raped Everton, Liverpool and Utd blind on all three for me.

Hail,

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

No offense to Everton, but the price is different, IMO, if he goes to say Madrid as opposed to Everton, right?

Good signing for Everton, for a player who did not get on well with mgmt at Chelsea and both wanted out. Will definitely help Everton stay in the 6th spot over Tottenham.

Lukaku did not want to play for Chelsea because he wouldn't be top dog. And the only starts he would get for Chelsea would be against mid table to lower table teams who pack the box, technicality is not his strength.   Only way it really hurts Chelsea is if Costa gets hurts and they have to rely on Torres once again..

LFC booked to come home Sunday.

Calling it now. We're throwing this game. City win.

Working so looking forward to reading you're reactions later.

Hail.

Nah, that's "just in case" big bro.