Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yeah.  Well I definitely appreciate your opinion.  Like I said I'll be figuring the whole thing out soon.  But as far as if I were to have second club to be I guess as you said a "fan" of it wouldn't be just because.  It would be a team I actually want to support.  Honestly I'm glad you did nitpick on the supporter thing. I wish I could go to these different places.  One thing I love is a great fan following.  Honestly hearing Barca is dead house would have disappointed me to go and see.  .....

For note though no matter what I decide to do I very much apppreciate your opinion. 

Thank you. Always humbling to know your thoughts are appreciated by your peers. 

And don't let me discourage you or anyone from visiting the Nou Camp. It's still an experience and Barcelona is a fantastic City. 

It's just not all the TV commentators would have you believe. 

I hope to take a trip to the emirates soon enough (may have to take up dealing drugs now lol)

To keep you awake through the serene quiet?  :P

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

So you'd go from Barca to Real? :lol:

You know, my favorite teacher in High School was from Catalunya.  We openly spoke about Catalunya and it's battle with the rest of Spain and how Barca have been perrenial underdogs while Royal Madrid is funded by Spain, etc.  He was very passionate about it.  You could tell what it meant to him in how he spoke.  Barca was his heart.  And every time Barca won, you could see that in his eyes, it was like Catalunya just beat up on Spain.  He was on top of the world and we got to hear some of the best stories about him going to games as a boy.  They even rivaled some of GHH's best stories on here.....

You should hear some of the tales we can't recount. This being a family board and all. ;)   :lol:

Hail. 

Thank you. Always humbling to know your thoughts are appreciated by your peers. 

And don't let me discourage you or anyone from visiting the Nou Camp. It's still an experience and Barcelona is a fantastic City. 

It's just not all the TV commentators would have you believe. 

:P

Hail. 

I still plan to go visit it regardless of club affliation.  Now I have to Santiago to that list regardless of what happens club selection wise after saying how awesome it is LOL

Honestly I probably should have gotten behind Dortmund and Madrid back before lol.  Exciting team with my fav player and cool club with awesome fans that clashes with my friend's bayern(He's from Kasierslautern but I think he wanted a winning team)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

This is kinda off topic, but I don't know where else to ask. Could any recommend a good pair of indoor soccer shoes? I'm currently using some Nike's but I'm looking for something different.

How you looked at the indoor Hypervenoms?  Still Nike but seems like a solid shoe. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

This is kinda off topic, but I don't know where else to ask. Could any recommend a good pair of indoor soccer shoes? I'm currently using some Nike's but I'm looking for something different.

If you are in AA County (or close) Soccer Post in Annapolis and Severna Park have a great selection. If not soccer.com is always a good way to go. I prefer puma, but I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend

• Like 1

RR,

I've always found Valencia a very easy team to root for. Back in the day I uaed to watch all their games providing they didn't overlap with a United game. Inter were also fun to cheer for before the calcio scandal. Not sure I'd go so far as to call them second teams as I'd rather slit my own throat than even entertain the idea of rooting for another club when they play United or their winning is against United interest. I suppose my heart isn't big enough to love more than one club.

RR,

I've always found Valencia a very easy team to root for. Back in the day I uaed to watch all their games providing they didn't overlap with a United game. Inter were also fun to cheer for before the calcio scandal. Not sure I'd go so far as to call them second teams as I'd rather slit my own throat than even entertain the idea of rooting for another club when they play United or their winning is against United interest. I suppose my heart isn't big enough to love more than one club.

Keeping the stadium theme going, those are two of the best in Europe. 

The Mestalla in Valencia is the best in Spain bar none. Yeah, it's antiquated (Valencia have been trying to move for years now. They have a big unsightly 'hole in the ground' where they started building a new stadium and then ran out of money); but as soccer stadiums go it's simplistically awesome. Steeped bank sides so you're right on top of the action with great views even if you're right at the top of the three tier stand they put the away fans. Perfect capacity of 55,000 that all leads to a rocking, intimidating atmosphere. And the added bonus of having ''Manolo's Bar' right next door to the stadium. Run by the fanatical Valencia/ Spain supporter of the same name. He's the legendary dude who has a big bass drum he bangs all game and never misses a match anywhere. And a real nice guy to boot who'll always entertain you. 

Surprisingly, as much as I have a real feeling for Milan, I've never been to the San Siro. I had the opportunity a few years back when Liverpool played Inter, but I jibbed it as it just isn't the same ground when Inter are at home. (We all have our quirks.). But I'm reliably informed by seasoned European travelers that it's the best stadium in Europe bar none. And with the amount of Country's/ stadiums these guys have under their belts from following Liverpool around the Continent over many years their word is good enough for me on that. 

A game in Milan is HIGH on my bucket list.

Hail.  

Hi GHH, can you keep us posted about what the hell is going on with Remy ?

I heard that the problem comes from Borini who supposedly doesn't want to leave.

There's all sorts of rumours flying around as to why and the clubs being very coy about the Remi situation and saying virtually nothing.

The official line is he failed his medical. But then they'd been stalling all week on the (pretence) that there was an admin hold up with the paperwork. By all accounts the fee was agreed and Remis terms sorted. He'd also been given the famously iconic # 7 shirt so it's very murky as to why the move collapsed and the 'failed medical' reason. If and when Remi signs elsewhere and is raring to go opening day you'll know if that's bunkum or not.

Is it down to Birini? (Which is another murky situation. Fee agreed but player still playing for LFC with nobody willing to say much of anything.). Was it something Remi did or demanded? Has someone become available we'd rather have?

Who knows what the actual truth is here. All that's for certain is the deal is dead and has ZERO chance of being resurrected.

L'pool now move on to other targets.

BTW, what's your opinion of Mamoudo Sakho from a French perspective? I know you really rate Lovren from his time in France.

Hail.

• Like 1

BTW, what's your opinion of Mamoudo Sakho from a French perspective? I know you really rate Lovren from his time in France.

Hail.

Sakho wasn't "sexy" enough for the Qataris. Sakho was named team captain at age 21 (season 2011-2012) but was inconsistent. When Ancelotti came in he signed Alex from Chelsea, Mamadou was benched. During the next season PSG signed Silva making things worst for him as he was 3rd on the central backs depth chart. Then the two brazilians were injured, he came back and Ancelotti praised him for his level of performance. Nevertheless he was traded to LFC, making the fans really upset.

The only problem with Mamadou is to adapt to a new club (PSG, LFC) or to a new role such as team captain. The guy does have talent and had no off field issues but a slap on the face of a journalist for which he later apologized.

I guess this is the year for him to show what he is up to after being injured, I hope he'll comeback as he did with PSG.

For the record, he played keeper during the last 10 minutes of the last game of the season in 2013, the opposing team scoring only one goal vs him (PK).

Lovren had problems adapting to his new team too as he came onboard Lyon during winter 2009-2010. He wasn't stellar as a subsitute. During the next season Lyon lost 2 central backs so he became number 2 with Diakhaté behind Cris, he started slow but by the end of the season he earned his spot as a starter. Overall Dejan improved a lot and is a solid player, might never be a star centralback but he is a good "insurance policy", and I believe he didn't reach his ceiling yet at 25.

Edit: LFC linked with Jay Rodriguez and Alexandre Lacazette.

Edited by FrFan

Thanks for all the help/ suggestions guys. I think the biggest thing is I just need to stop caring what people think about who I support. If someone wants to give me crap for who I get behind whatever. If I want to support them that should be good enough for me. I never cared what others thought about me getting behind Utd. If I wanted to get behind my fav player at his club that's my business. Or if I want to get behind Corinthians I have every right to.

I'm well aware of his potential. I like his versatility too. But £16million. ehhh

he's English

United paid £30 million and are giving £5.2 million a year to Luke Shaw who is a year younger.

You just have to accept the English mark-up. The fact that the deal was done so suddenly (it probably too more time, but the media stopped linking us to him for months) and he is now training with the club is a great thing.

If he legit, then that fee is probably gonna be nothing in 5 years.

Hopefully. Although I think it's fair to say Shaw's potential >>> Chambers' potential at this point so the glaring difference in fees is somewhat justifiable from Manure's perspective (but still, LOL :P ).

The English mark-up is a hard pill to swallow, for sure. Although I will say again, I really do like Chambers' versatility. Could end up playing CB or CDM at this point. He's still in a phase of his career where he can be molded a bit more.

Hopefully. Although I think it's fair to say Shaw's potential >>> Chambers' potential at this point so the glaring difference in fees is somewhat justifiable from Manure's perspective (but still, LOL :P ).

The English mark-up is a hard pill to swallow, for sure. Although I will say again, I really do like Chambers' versatility. Could end up playing CB or CDM at this point. He's still in a phase of his career where he can be molded a bit more.

Ive read a lot of Saints fans rate Chambers higher than Shaw.

Shaw's advantage is that left back is a more premium position than right back. I just dont want Chambers to get Phil Jones'd. He needs to master one position.

meh? man, you need to wake up. Chambers is supposed to be the next great English defender.

Definitely one for the future but a very good prospect if he keeps on developing. And there's not many better clubs and managers to do that with than Arsenal and Wenger.

Very expensive, all be it calculated IMHO gamble at £ 16 million for a young man with a mere 1 season and 21 top flght appearances under his belt.

Buy certainly a FAR better deal than Luke Shaw. This is around what he should of gone for being of the same stature as the RB. Raw, inexperienced young potential. Not as near as damn it double the Chambers fee.

Good future move by Arsene.

Hail.

Ive read a lot of Saints fans rate Chambers higher than Shaw.

Shaw's advantage is that left back is a more premium position than right back. I just dont want Chambers to get Phil Jones'd. He needs to master one position.

The difference in the quality of player is evident to the naked eye as far as Shaw vs Chambers, if you ask me. Shaw just has that extra touch of class.

I agree with you about not kicking him around too much to try him out at different positions and btw, I think we'll see Jones settle in at CB this year in LVG's 5-3-2. Chambers could end up being good insurance if TV5 leaves then we'd still have Jenko or Bellerin to back up Debuchy if all else fails.

The difference in the quality of player is evident to the naked eye as far as Shaw vs Chambers, if you ask me. Shaw just has that extra touch of class.

not tryna be a dick, but how often have you watched Chambers play?

I only watched him once, against Arsenal back in February, and he looked excellent. Stood out more than Shaw did.

not tryna be a dick, but how often have you watched Chambers play?

I only watched him once, against Arsenal back in February, and he looked excellent. Stood out more than Shaw did.

Watched City, Tottenham (where he got subbed in at half for Clyne, I believe), LFC and our match. Could be some others I'm missing...I've also watched the proverbial Youtube highlights which never show any negative plays and focus more on attacking rather than defending (which isn't incredibly helpful).

Watched City, Tottenham (where he got subbed in at half for Clyne, I believe), LFC and our match. Could be some others I'm missing...I've also watched the proverbial Youtube highlights which never show any negative plays and focus more on attacking rather than defending (which isn't incredibly helpful).

yeah, I am talking about how Wenger and co rate him. I just dont think any of us are qualified to make "naked eye" assessments.