Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So I was thinking the whole situation over and I wanted to run this idea by. So I've been thinking three clubs plus DCU and local kickers is a lot to juggle. Giving even attention I mean. So I'm thinking about going to two clubs. Man Utd will be one because I've been with them forever. Now I don't simply want to go one of the other two gets kicked. I think it's fair to open this up and throw the two in the pot with others. Then determine a second club in the coming months. What do you guys think? (Barca pulling it's crap lately makes me think this review needs to happen too)

So I was thinking the whole situation over and I wanted to run this idea by. So I've been thinking three clubs plus DCU and local kickers is a lot to juggle. Giving even attention I mean. So I'm thinking about going to two clubs. Man Utd will be one because I've been with them forever. Now I don't simply want to go one of the other two gets kicked. I think it's fair to open this up and throw the two in the pot with others. Then determine a second club in the coming months. What do you guys think? (Barca pulling it's crap lately makes me think this review needs to happen too)

You will feel liberated now that you've dropped this United/Barca nonsense. Needless to say you made the right choice.

Which league? I think they are are showing the bundesliga on FoxSports this year…how about a German team?

Maybe scap DCU and the Redskins and root for the Seahawks?

That should free up some anxiety of having to be a real sports fan and go through some losses.

RT @JeremySchaap “@richarddeitsch: I'd urge all those who love the World Cup to watch this [@E60 ] report on workers dying in Qatar:http://bluefoottv.com/projects/e60-qatars-world-cup/

is that on now, ix?

• Like 1

Just go where your heart tells you.  Asking others for input on this isn't really going to help.  I think giving up on teams is nigh on treason, but if you are just slacking up on paying attention to teams that's understandable I think.  But you do have the advantage of following some of the largest and best supported clubs in the world so paying attention to them even a little shouldn't be impossible.

I was just coming in to post that.

The search for a forward goes on.

Hail.

Lovren will go official tomorrow per Carra.

I wouldn't mind Bony at all. 

looks like Swansea is going to get a huge payday for Bony...

He could be elite with Coutinho feeding him through balls.

16 goals for Swansea... bring him in.

Lovren will go official tomorrow per Carra.

I wouldn't mind Bony at all. 

I like Bony, but I don't see the need to have him and Lambert. Granted, Rickie didn't cost much but they are the same player…Except Bony is a younger, better version.

I like Bony, but I don't see the need to have him and Lambert. Granted, Rickie didn't cost much but they are the same player…Except Bony is a younger, better version.

How much would Lukaka cost?

Completely different player than Suarez...Bony reminds me a lot of Edin Dzeko and would have a natural back-up at LFC in Lambert.

I agree.  I like him.  Anyone who produces that much with that little has potential at a big club.

Price would have to be right though.  He is entering his prime now as a striker, but if they are asking the farm I'd shop elsewhere.

He could be elite with Coutinho feeding him through balls.

16 goals for Swansea... bring him in.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Liverpool created the most chances in the BPL by a wide margin. Any competent striker will have a good year. The Reds have lost one of their biggest play makers, they need to bring in a more dynamic player to make up for it. Maybe that player is Markovic, maybe it's Lallana. I would rather it be Isco or Reus. We will see how it plays out...

Completely different player than Suarez...Bony reminds me a lot of Edin Dzeko and would have a natural back-up at LFC in Lambert.

If Bony is brought in, he will cost in the 20-25 million range. I don't think he will be the back up.

How much would Lukaka cost?

I would rather Bony than Lukakau 

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Liverpool created the most chances in the BPL by a wide margin. Any competent striker will have a good year. The Reds have lost one of their biggest play makers, they need to bring in a more dynamic player to make up for it. Maybe that player is Markovic, maybe it's Lallana. I would rather it be Isco or Reus. We will see how it plays out...

Are you implying that the mighty Reds medical staff may have fudged the physical for one Loic Remy because they have wind of another move that may be in the works?

Michu is at Napoli now I believe

I know where he currently is. I'm just saying he's the only Swansea forward that looks like he's got something about him and whom I'd take.

Bony for the price being banded around is WELL over valued. He's just a big, powerful forward with little else in his locker. Guys like that are 10 to a penny and soon get found out. Bemteke is a recent example.

Let's see what happens his second season before we start talking in 20 million plus terms.

The BPL is littered with unknown foreigners who had a great firs year then disappeared without a trace the second as opponents got wise to them.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Which league? I think they are are showing the bundesliga on FoxSports this year…how about a German team?

I've thought about it.  I've been paying attention to Dortmund for years as far as champions league.  Bundasliga just seem boring right now with the Bayern dominance.  Ironically its why Bayern is basically scrapped off the list right away.  Too much dominance and wine/cheese crowd.  Apparently I have deep family roots in that area but that's the only connection I find there.  As far as Spanish team I did think of Madrid years back because of Ronaldo being my favorite player especially when he was at Utd.  Issue is if I would care as much about them when Ronaldo retired there.  Plus the story of Madrid and Barcelona is why I swayed at to Barca originally.  Barca being a victim and turning into a symbol is resistance to a evil dictator.  (Yes I really look into club history even rivals.  Thus why I can talk a bunch about Liverpool and such.  Know your club and your enemies.).  I got into Barca mainly cuz of friends I watched the games with.  I can't stand the recent events and what's going on there though. 

Just go where your heart tells you.  Asking others for input on this isn't really going to help.  I think giving up on teams is nigh on treason, but if you are just slacking up on paying attention to teams that's understandable I think.  But you do have the advantage of following some of the largest and best supported clubs in the world so paying attention to them even a little shouldn't be impossible.

Definitely slacking.  Not fair to barely pay attention.  Just too many to juggle.  Man Utd I easy follow through media and TV.  Much harder to follow two teams that don't get the same exposure here in the US.  I can only really handle one.  Plus I get too much **** apparently behind the scenes from friends because of it.  Even though all three I was following I treated equally and it was quite time consuming. I'm half tempted to pick a club they really hate just to feud with them.  That may go into my decision haha.

You will feel liberated now that you've dropped this United/Barca nonsense. Needless to say you made the right choice.

Yeah,  United will stay.  I'm not sure what to do on the second club just yet.  As I've said there's various clubs I've thrown into the pot because I plan this being a end to picking clubs. Just want my two to support and that's it.  It won't be a EPL team for obvious reasons.  The three I paid attention to before were apart of different leagues.

Maybe scap DCU and the Redskins and root for the Seahawks?

That should free up some anxiety of having to be a real sports fan and go through some losses.

I expected more of these comments.  This has nothing to with a winner.  Even if Man Utd sucks for the forseeable future I won't be thinking jumping to City, Liverpool, or anything.  I'll wear my Man Utd scarves, jackets, jerseys, etc proudly.  I liked a lot of teams and I tried to juggling three.  It's too much honestly when I already put time to DCU and other DC teams. Did I mention I was at the Kickers game last night with the Red Army too haha? If you know my life like most of my friends it revolved around a lot of sports.  I play soccer, pay attention to basically every DC team hardcore except the Nats, and gave equal attention to three clubs (Two of which I had go online to watch games for.).  Takes too much time up.  I plan to just add a second team and that's that.  But I think the fair way to do it is Utd is safe because I've been behind them forever.  My recent clubs get thrown in with other clubs and go for there.  Make it a fun search.  Could be Real Madrid because my fav player is there or could be Corinthians because I think that's a cool club.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I expected more of these comments.  This has nothing to with a winner.  Even if Man Utd sucks for the forseeable future I won't be thinking jumping to City, Liverpool, or anything.  I'll wear my Man Utd scarves, jackets, jerseys, etc proudly.  I liked a lot of teams and I tried to juggling three.  It's too much honestly when I already put time to DCU and other DC teams. Did I mention I was at the Kickers game last night with the Red Army too haha? If you know my life like most of my friends it revolved around a lot of sports.  I play soccer, pay attention to basically every DC team hardcore except the Nats, and gave equal attention to three clubs (Two of which I had go online to watch games for.).  Takes too much time up.  I plan to just add a second team and that's that.  But I think the fair way to do it is Utd is safe because I've been behind them forever.  My recent clubs get thrown in with other clubs and go for there.  Make it a fun search.  Could be Real Madrid because my fav player is there or could be Corinthians because I think that's a cool club.

So you'd go from Barca to Real? :lol:

You know, my favorite teacher in High School was from Catalunya.  We openly spoke about Catalunya and it's battle with the rest of Spain and how Barca have been perrenial underdogs while Royal Madrid is funded by Spain, etc.  He was very passionate about it.  You could tell what it meant to him in how he spoke.  Barca was his heart.  And every time Barca won, you could see that in his eyes, it was like Catalunya just beat up on Spain.  He was on top of the world and we got to hear some of the best stories about him going to games as a boy.  They even rivaled some of GHH's best stories on here.

So I find it interesting that you root for one dominating, pockets-full-of-money team in the BPL and then in La Liga you root for Barca.  Now I know NOW Barca is a power and they've always been decent, but they weren't just 15 years ago (geez I'm getting old) or so.

And how do you not expect remarks like that (honestly, how?) when you "pick" two teams out like United and Real?

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

So you'd go from Barca to Real? :lol:

You know, my favorite teacher in High School was from Catalunya.  We openly spoke about Catalunya and it's battle with the rest of Spain and how Barca have been perrenial underdogs while Royal Madrid is funded by Spain, etc.  He was very passionate about it.  You could tell what it meant to him in how he spoke.  Barca was his heart.  And every time Barca won, you could see that in his eyes, it was like Catalunya just beat up on Spain.  He was on top of the world and we got to hear some of the best stories about him going to games as a boy.  They even rivaled some of GHH's best stories on here.

So I find it interesting that you root for one dominating, pockets-full-of-money team in the BPL and then in La Liga you root for Barca.  Now I know NOW Barca is a power and they've always been decent, but they weren't just 15 years ago (geez I'm getting old) or so.

And how do you not expect remarks like that (honestly, how?) when you "pick" two teams out like United and Real?

I know the history of Barca.  They have always been the beaten dog.  That's what I liked about them.  Now they have shedded that. They go out and get players who don't fit into that idea. They have owners who are some of the most corrupt and are being forced out.  Man Utd I picked because that's who I watched growing up.  Had nothing to do with the money they had.  I liked the logo and I njoyed the style of play.  It's not fair to be claiming to behind Barca if I don't agree with the ideas and beliefs they have anymore.  Combine that with already been difficult to follow them anyway.  Also I notice you didn't mention when I was constantly talking about Dortmund during champions league.  The main reason I might consider Madrid would be Ronaldo is there and Gareth Bale is one cool dude.  The issue I have with them is what you listed.  The history with the dictator and the help they received.  But I'm not picking a club simply because of a player.  Note when I started following Barca was right after they got obliterated by Bayern.  So not eacttly gloryhunting.  Like I said though the team is going to be picked on many different levels because players come and go.  I don't plan on being one of those ones who follows their player around like when people followed Fernando Torres everywhere.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88