Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

you forgot to mention that as nice as it is to play at a place like Fenway, the field looked about the size of a typical 7v7 youth match.  For goodness sakes, when a player takes one dribble over midfield and is at the top of the PA, the field is too small.

LOL. So (sadly) true. 

I presume the game at Yankee Stadium next week will be the same?

Hail. 

By the way...looks like your boy Lovren's got one foot in the door...

Worst kept secret of the summer. 

Still not happy with the fee from what (admittedly) little I've seen of him; but he's a good age and if it hastens the breakup of the Kung-Fu master Skrtel and Agger who has his own private bed in ER then all the better.

In BR we trust. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

How bout dem apples?

Not sure I get this signing. Even as the 3rd striker and depth if I was a Chelsea fan I'd have been hoping for someone younger with his best ahead of him not behind him. Don't get me wrong he can probably still do a job in Chelsea's system playing the odd start and coming off the bench - but still.

So i've spoken to, or 'canvassed opinion' if you will, of 17 different people this week. All reds. And apparently only myself and j are the only L'pool fans that believe in Mamadou Sakho. 

Putting it down in black and white now ..... He's our new Hansen/ Hyypia and the next captain after Stevie hangs up his boots. 

How 'bout DEM apples!!!!!

Hail. 

• Like 1

So i've spoken to, or 'canvassed opinion' if you will, of 17 different people this week. All reds. And apparently only myself and j are the only L'pool fans that believe in Mamadou Sakho. 

Putting it down in black and white now ..... He's our new Hansen/ Hyypia and the next captain after Stevie hangs up his boots. 

How 'bout DEM apples!!!!!

Hail. 

We are just ahead of our time...

• Like 1

..... See: Lallana, Adam.

Using your cut down quote to lead into news that Lallana's pre-season is done and subsequently he'll miss the start of the new campaign with knee ligament damage after a knock in training. It doesn't require surgery thankfully but he could well be sidelined for upto 6 weeks. 

Just Lambert and Lovren then for a debut against their former club opening day. 

Hail. 

so who is going to be the Liverpool starting left back against Southampton? Blind, Enrique, Moreno, Flanno, Johnson? Right back? Johnson, Marquillo, Flanno?

My Guess for the back four:

Johnson Lovern Sakho Blind

Marquillo will take over for Johnson by mid September

so who is going to be the Liverpool starting left back against Southampton? Blind, Enrique, Moreno, Flanno, Johnson? Right back? Johnson, Marquillo, Flanno?

My Guess for the back four:

Johnson Lovern Sakho Blind

Marquillo will take over for Johnson by mid September

Blind? God I hope not. Another player in a LONG line of players that have a good WC and suddenly become hot property. Doubtless to return to the mediocre player he's been all his career to date. Where are you getting that one from?

And if I'n Jon Flanagan and I'm NOT starting after the season I had last year I'm gonna' be REAL pissed with life and my manager.

Hail.

Blind? God I hope not. Another player in a LONG line of players that have a good WC and suddenly become hot property. Doubtless to return to the mediocre player he's been all his career to date. Where are you getting that one from?

And if I'n Jon Flanagan and I'm NOT starting after the season I had last year I'm gonna' be REAL pissed with life and my manager.

Hail.

social media…I can't remember if it was Facebook or twitter. They were talking about a fee in the range of 20 million. I think Flanno needs to improve his offensive game in order to be a regular starter. 

Sure jobaga is going to write a dissertation for us on how it was 37's fault that Agger turned the ball over 7 times, got schooled badly, and then scored an own goal.

That piece of **** is worthless.  Preseason or not I'm ****ing tired of that terd.  EVERYTIME HE COMES IN HE SUCKS!

So I finally watched the replay...

I expected a total Agger meltdown from your reaction. Meh…he got in the right position (goal side) and beat the man to the ball. He mi**** it. You can take your pick on why. The ball went through another defender and squirted past Jones. Could he have kicked the ball better? Yes. Was he positionally correct? Yes. These things happen...

The game was awful. Countinho has been great this preseason. I loved the Sturridge interview after the game. He said everything I wanted to hear from him. I think he will have another fantastic season and is ready to be the main option up front.

Edited by jobaga

The game was awful. 

It wasn't that good. But hey, that's pre-season kick-arounds for yer. 

I just wish we'd try put a little more effort in when we go out to places like the States for you guys who never get to see us live. 

As I'm now in for the night this glorious Sat'day, I think I might well watch the Utd- Roma game to see how they look against decent opposition. 

social media…I can't remember if it was Facebook or twitter. They were talking about a fee in the range of 20 million...... 

Good God if we pay ANYTHING like £ 20 million for him I'ma paying Brendan a visit. And it WON'T be pretty. Hell hath no fury like a Liverpudlian pissed!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

It wasn't that good. But hey, that's pre-season kick-arounds for yer. 

I just wish we'd try put a little more effort in when we go out to places like the States for you guys who never get to see us live. 

As I'm now in for the night this glorious Sat'day, I think I might well watch the Utd- Roma game to see how they look against decent opposition. 

Nothing will ever be as bad as when I saw them in Baltimore in August. It was a day game and something like 120 degrees (fahrenheit) and the boys were wearing the black away kit. They literally kicked the ball back and forth with Tottenham for 90 minutes. No one was running or even trying to pretend like the game mattered (not that I blame them). I am afraid the experience may have soured them to this area...

Good God if we pay ANYTHING like £ 20 million for him I'ma paying Brendan a visit. And it WON'T be pretty. Hell hath no fury like a Liverpudlian pissed!

Hail. 

I trust BR. I hope they are trying to leverage this deal to get the Moreno deal done. 

I trust BR. I hope they are trying to leverage this deal to get the Moreno deal done. 

I honestly know jack about Moreno but he can't be any worse than frigging Enrique.

The right back is a head scratcher. I was figuring on getting Moreno and moving Flanno back to his natural position. Or more likely Johnson playing as it's his last season to justify the salary. Another full back into the equation muddles things somewhat. I appreciate what you said earlier on Jon going forward but he's also our most solid defender. Which we've lacked for FAR too long at either full back position. A FB who does his job first and foremost- DEFENDS!

Hail. 

So I finally watched the replay...

I expected a total Agger meltdown from your reaction. Meh…he got in the right position (goal side) and beat the man to the ball. He mi**** it. You can take your pick on why. The ball went through another defender and squirted past Jones. Could he have kicked the ball better? Yes. Was he positionally correct? Yes. These things happen...

Yeah, those things happen a lot for Agger.  But that's why he's 5th on the depth chart, so if you don't trust my word trust BR's.

Papi found his underwear in shallow right field the other day shagging fly balls.  They were still there from the play before that (the corner).

What of the 7 turnovers he had in 30 minutes?  What's the excuses for those? :lol:

I've been in training camp mode for the last couple of days (since Boston really).  Last I heard Sevilla wanted to loan Moreno out to us for a year but they wanted to get a friendly out of it for next year.  But that intel is both (1) three or four days old and (2) not surprising with Ayre. 

If he doesn't lock that boy up by the end of the week, well... my opinion can't get any lower of him.  I take it back... I take it back.

I honestly know jack about Moreno but he can't be any worse than frigging Enrique.

The right back is a head scratcher. I was figuring on getting Moreno and moving Flanno back to his natural position. Or more likely Johnson playing as it's his last season to justify the salary. Another full back into the equation muddles things somewhat. I appreciate what you said earlier on Jon going forward but he's also our most solid defender. Which we've lacked for FAR too long at either full back position. A FB who does his job first and foremost- DEFENDS!

Hail. 

I'd always rather have too much defense than not enough.  Ideally by this time next year it's Moreno/Sakho/Lovren/Flanno and hopefully the will get to anchor for 6 years or longer together. 

It's a transition period back there and it really has been since before Jamie left.  Hopefully we'll start to see the fruits of that soon. 

But I agree, I know nothing about Moreno other than my brother pulls out the peanut butter and lotion every time I bring him up (that's a good thing).

Edited by DC9

Excuse my lil' bro'. 

He had a bad experience some years back when just a fresh faced Military buck in Germany, The sign said 'Hot Scandinavians', but far from the buxom Swedes he and his posse where expecting, the 'Big Danes' they got instead were 'big' in all the wrong areas. :ph34r: We call this the ;Nordic Crossing Incident' that mercifully he never 'crossed'; and don't speak about it. So keep it under your vest. 

Danes have been the ant-Christ ever since ..... 

Hail. 

Nothing will ever be as bad as when I saw them in Baltimore in August. It was a day game and something like 120 degrees (fahrenheit) and the boys were wearing the black away kit. They literally kicked the ball back and forth with Tottenham for 90 minutes. No one was running or even trying to pretend like the game mattered (not that I blame them). I am afraid the experience may have soured them to this area...

Couldn't have been that bad.  They are showing all of the games on CSN Washington up through the 29th when NBCSN takes over. :D

Tomorrow I'd expect to see some what of a decent improvement in the attacking third.  Much better possession and defense (Agger aside :P ) against Roma.  Still need to click better in that final third, though. 

What with Lallana out for 6 weeks now, we'll get an extended look at Can, who I've liked so far.

There's NOBODY at this game in Denver. Biggest club in the World my pasty white ass!

*Cue Brave to produce stats showing Utd and Arsenal hold sway in the US .....

One things for certain, their won't be as many travelling fans in the States from England this summer as those following some team in red speaking in a dead funny accent like currently in Chicago.

Hail.

There's NOBODY at this game in Denver. Biggest club in the World my pasty white ass!

*Cue Brave to produce stats showing Utd and Arsenal hold sway in the US .....

One things for certain, their won't be as many travelling fans in the States from England this summer as those following some team in red speaking in a dead funny accent like currently in Chicago.

Hail.

Sturridge loves Chicago.  Watching his twitter, his last three or four tweets have been about how much he loves it.

I'd whisper for him to stay up in the high-rises.  It looks much better from up there.

Couldn't have been that bad.  They are showing all of the games on CSN Washington up through the 29th when NBCSN takes over. :D

Tomorrow I'd expect to see some what of a decent improvement in the attacking third.  Much better possession and defense (Agger aside :P ) against Roma.  Still need to click better in that final third, though. 

What with Lallana out for 6 weeks now, we'll get an extended look at Can, who I've liked so far.

I would like to see Markovic tomorrow. I want to see what he can do.

• Like 2