Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

It's pretty obvious that Madrid will sell Isco, Benzema and Di Maria. I hope that Liverpool can sign one (two would be fantastic and fantastically expensive) This is the way I would rank them:

1. Isco 

2. Di Maria

3. Benzema

Admittedly, I do not watch Madrid every week. My rankings may be wrong...

It's pretty obvious that Madrid will sell Isco, Benzema and Di Maria. I hope that Liverpool can sign one (two would be fantastic and fantastically expensive) This is the way I would rank them:

1. Isco

2. Di Maria

3. Benzema

What really pisses you off is Madrid pay a mere 4 million less than Suarez for someone that scored 6 times the WC is all young potential.

If Ridriguez is a £ 71 million player, Suarrz should of been a £ 100.000.000 million player at least.

Ridiculous Liverpool. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Just a reminder there was football before the Premiership and just how good Leeds were back in the early 70's. Give it a watch to the end to see a team toying with the opposition. For the Man U fans a few glimpses of Bobby Charlton and George Best (though every time you see Best he is losing possession to Eddie Gray of Leeds)

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 1

What really pisses you off is Madrid pay a mere 4 million less than Suarez for someone that scored 6 times the WC is all young potential.

If Ridriguez is a £ 71 million player, Suarrz should of been a £ 100.000.000 million player at least.

Ridiculous Liverpool. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hail.

If Suarez wasn't such a giant headache, he would have sold for more. You can't get top dollar (euro) for a player with the history Suarez has. He is both a top class player and a top class lunatic...

If Suarez wasn't such a giant headache, he would have sold for more. You can't get top dollar (euro) for a player with the history Suarez has. He is both a top class player and a top class lunatic...

Still ridiculous whichever way you cut it when Rodriguez, who's done next to nothing in comparison, goes for a mere 4 million less.

Betcha' Utd would of gotten more.

Hail.

Still ridiculous whichever way you cut it when Rodriguez, who's done next to nothing in comparison, goes for a mere 4 million less.

Betcha' Utd would of gotten more.

Hail.

You're probably right…Given the circumstances I happy they got what they got. I will also be happy if the get Isco for 30 million or Di Maria for 35 million

Just a reminder there was football before the Premiership and just how good Leeds were back in the early 70's. Give it a watch to the end to see a team toying with the opposition. For the Man U fans a few glimpses of Bobby Charlton and George Best (though every time you see Best he is losing possession to Eddie Gray of Leeds)

The Damned United...oh, and that movie is good, too. ;)

That film is a tough watch for a Leeds fan!

There was a real arrogance about that Leeds side though - once they had a team beaten they would toy with them like a cat playing with a mouse before the final kill. Look for a game against Southampton the same season on Youtube - we won about 7-0 and spent literally the last 8 or 9 minutes of the game passing the ball around, over and through them and then rather than score again pass it back and start again ....

Actually here it is ...

You're probably right…Given the circumstances I happy they got what they got. I will also be happy if the get Isco for 30 million or Di Maria for 35 million

Rumour has it there's a marque signing still to come.

Origi and Lovren any day now, along with Remi; plus a final big one.

Reus and Vidal are the most mentioned.

We shall see.

Hail.

I refuse to watch anything pertaining to that delusional old pissflap gob****e Clough!

*Sings ......

'**** em' all. **** em' all;

At Anfield Forest will fall;

For we won't be mastered

By Cloughies scab Bastads

For we are the cream of them all ...,. '

Hail.

I refuse to watch anything pertaining to that delusional old pissflap gob****e Clough!

*Sings ......

'**** em' all. **** em' all;

At Anfield Forest will fall;

For we won't be mastered

By Cloughies scab Bastads

For we are the cream of them all ...,. '

Hail.

That pretty much summed up the feelings of the entire Leeds squad of the time.

• Like 1

1. Isco 

2. Di Maria

3. Benzema

I don't see them selling all three. They're definitely not selling Benzema. They're working on extending his contract and Ronaldo has lobbied with RM ownership for him to stay.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

I don't see them selling all three. They're definitely not selling Benzema. They're working on extending his contract and Ronaldo has lobbied with RM ownership for him to stay.

I guess they are not going to even pretend like they care about FFP...

Rumour has it there's a marque signing still to come.

Origi and Lovren any day now, along with Remi; plus a final big one.

Reus and Vidal are the most mentioned.

We shall see.

Hail.

I would love to see Reus in red! If that doesn't happen (it won't happen), I want to see Isco at Anfield.

I guess they are not going to even pretend like they care about FFP...

I don't see how the big-revenue clubs like RM could consider FFP to be a hindrance in the first place. Isn't the basic premise of the rule that the club is not allowed to spend more than they earn? So...how in the hell could RM be worried about that?

Their operating income is around $200M and revenue is around $700M. Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

FFP is not affecting Real Madrid in anyway. They make like €600 million a year. They good.

1. Isco 

2. Di Maria

3. Benzema

Madrid will only sell Di Maria, and thats because he wants to leave. And that will be on loan to PSG for hte year. Edited by JoeWolf990

I don't see how the big-revenue clubs like RM could consider FFP to be a hindrance in the first place. Isn't the basic premise of the rule that the club is not allowed to spend more than they earn? So...how in the hell could RM be worried about that?

Their operating income is around $200M and revenue is around $700M. Am I missing something here?

Every thing I have read states that Madrid needs to sell (Di Maria and Isco) to justify getting Kroos and Rodriguez under FFP.

Here is an article talking about their debt:

http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/2014/07/22/real-madrid-signs-james-rodriguez-in-spite-of-financial-fair-play/

Here is one from Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2137810-james-rodriguez-signing-latest-example-of-real-madrids-wasteful-spending

FFP is not affecting Real Madrid in anyway. They make like €600 million a year. They good.

according to these articles, they owe more than they make

***edit***

Here's one from last year about their debt

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1577556

Edited by jobaga

As I've said before, I started rooting for Tottenham a few years back because I liked the "Hotspur" part of their name. Admittedly I don't follow players like you guys do. But I'll watch them on TV if they are on and I check the standings once a week to see how they are doing. They've been a good team in the upper half of the BPL standings the last few years. I know they've lost a lot of scoring the last couple of years and rely on defense a lot to win games.

I worked with a guy in the mid 90s that was born in Sheffield and was a huge, huge Sheffield United fan. He lived in DC and is probably still there. Haven't talked to him in years.

Edited by pjfootballer

im well aware of their debt

problem is clubs like PSG, City, and Liverpool (yup, you guys are close as well) dont make enough revenue to justify the investment in the playing staff.

Believe me, I'm well aware of Liverpool's situation. They needed to qualify and advance in the Champions League. I am still hazy on how construction will effect their debt, but I think they will be fine.

im well aware of their debt

problem is clubs like PSG, City, and Liverpool (yup, you guys are close as well) dont make enough revenue to justify the investment in the playing staff.

Back to the original point: Does it matter how much they make if they are spending over 100 million than they are bringing in? Or did I read those articles wrong (which is a real possibility)

Why the heck is there a singing of the US National anthem before a friendly between an English and Italian team?

You guys are strange.

Hail. 

*Edit* And damn you guys for bringing a tear or two to my eyes before the kick off. 

Thank you Boston. Respect appreciated. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Sure jobaga is going to write a dissertation for us on how it was 37's fault that Agger turned the ball over 7 times, got schooled badly, and then scored an own goal.

That piece of **** is worthless.  Preseason or not I'm ****ing tired of that terd.  EVERYTIME HE COMES IN HE SUCKS!

That said, the side looked very tidy today for me.  The crowd was a let down.  But progressively better.

Coutinho is brilliant.  Unfortunately there was no one forward worth a crap.

Why the heck is there a singing of the US National anthem before a friendly between an English and Italian team?

You guys are strange.

I brought up the same thing to my brother.  That was weird. :lol:

Sure jobaga is going to write a dissertation for us on how it was 37's fault that Agger turned the ball over 7 times, got schooled badly, and then scored an own goal.

That piece of **** is worthless.  Preseason or not I'm ****ing tired of that terd.  EVERYTIME HE COMES IN HE SUCKS!

Word is they're BOTH on borrowed time. If not this summer, this season, along with Johnson (mercifully), will be their last. Lovren and Sakho are the way forward. 

9 more sleeps lil' bro' until your live debut. I can but imagine the excitement.  :)

Hail. 

• Like 1