Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Better not be as I don't catch a train to Preston until 09:28 Saturday morning,  :lol:

HAil. 

Looked like Ilori may of pulled a hammy. He hobbled off after 20 minutes or so. Hopefully just a pulled muscle this early. Looked what he is until then. Raw, inexperienced and FAR from ready for the first team. 

Pre-season man. Reading much of anything into anything is a fruitless exercise. 

ALL that matters is Southampton. 

Hail. 

Everything I have seen says that Ilori and Wisdom will both be loaned out again. I want Ibe to get loaned out to a BPL team. If they sign Origi, I would rather he get loaned out to a BPL side instead of Lille. I love these games because we get to see the youngsters like last year when we all could see that Sterling was ready to take the next step. I am with you, I love Raheem but I think Ibe could be even better.

• Like 1

I have DVR'd the game and will be able to watch it tonight, but I refuse to believe the Skrts played better than Agger and Wisdom! Did Ilori play? I think he may be the in-house solution to Liverpool's defensive woes...

He played the 1st 20 minutes and I thought he looked good from a positional standpoint.  The shenanigans started when he was subbed out (don't know if he took a knock or what) and Kelly was moved inside next to Agger, creating a huge hole in the center of the back four. 

Everything I have seen says that Ilori and Wisdom will both be loaned out again. I want Ibe to get loaned out to a BPL team. If they sign Origi, I would rather he get loaned out to a BPL side instead of Lille. I love these games because we get to see the youngsters like last year when we all could see that Sterling was ready to take the next step. I am with you, I love Raheem but I think Ibe could be even better.

That's the only way we get Origi from what I understand (is to loan him straight back).  However, the hold-up is an agreement between the clubs on how much he has to play before Liverpool can claim him (ie: if he doesn't play 60% of the minutes by December, we are taking him back, or the like).

Pre-season man. Reading much of anything into anything is a fruitless exercise. 

ALL that matters is Southampton. 

Hail. 

the sweetest drink is on the first one after a long week ;)

I hope those LFC/Chelski friendlies get posted somewhere tonight so I can watch some football. Skins training camp still a week out. Aaaghhhh

LFC friendly is being replayed tomorrow night at 8pm - ish.

Pick-up DC United to get you through.  They are actually playing very well and you'll get to see Bill Hamid, who may be the bridge between Tim Howard and Asbury's kid as the GK for the USMNT. 

He played the 1st 20 minutes and I thought he looked good from a positional standpoint.  The shenanigans started when he was subbed out (don't know if he took a knock or what) and Kelly was moved inside next to Agger, creating a huge hole in the center of the back four. 

That boy Smith looked God damn awful at the back. He couldn't even get the right side of the man he was marking off a corner and the Danish fella' hadn't even moved. 

Skrtel went AWOL along with Wisdom on the winner too as the guy strode through the middle. Just for you lil' bro'.  ;)

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

That boy Smith looked God damn awful at the back. He couldn't even get the right side of the man he was marking off a corner and the Danish fella' hadn't even moved. 

Skrtel went AWOL along with Wisdom on the winner too as the guy strode through the middle. Just for you lil' bro'.  ;)

Hail. 

Well full confession I left in the 82nd minute.  And what I saw out of 37 was brilliant clearance of the box and a lot of time cleaning up others mistakes, same as always :P

I liked Smith's pace.  I didn't like him in the final 3rd.  I think our LB/RB combo had more SOG than the forwards did in the first half.  But his vision there was lacking, albeit with little to no movement from the rest of the side. 

Preston North End match is 0900 on Saturday morning.  CSNWashington again. :D

I just started watching. I wonder is CSN will play all the Liverpool games. Who shows the Red Sox games? They were set as a Liverpool network. I hope they will pick up the slack for the few games not on the NBC family...

I just started watching. I wonder is CSN will play all the Liverpool games. Who shows the Red Sox games? They were set as a Liverpool network. I hope they will pick up the slack for the few games not on the NBC family...

NESN (New England Sports Network) I believe.  CSN (Comcast really) is owned by NBC Sports, fwiw.  They've been showing Premier League reruns all offseason. 

I think NESN is in the comcast sportsnet family as well, they just have to have their own name and all.  That would make sense. 

Very cool to see LFC TV and find out who I actually disagree with on there. 

I doubt they show all of the games that are not (live anyways) but perhaps on a delay or the following day.

DirecTV has "Extra Time" which I believe is 390 to 395 and they show the less popular games of the day.  So long as we stay top 4 or so I think we'll be fine. 

Sunday nights last year they'd always show goal zone and a quick wrap up of each game (all of the good attacks, etc) in a two hour spot.  It was fun to watch.

Decent first run out.

Couple of great Bronby goals. (Although the defending left a LOT to be desired on both.). Great run from Ibe for the equaliser. He continues to look a fantastic prospect but still FAR too raw for the first team. Hopefully another season on loan somewhere this year for Jordan to aid his development. Good pace to the game. Nice late sunny afternoon. Great atmosphere in a nice little stadium.

Pleasant pre-season outing to watch. Lots of mistakes and a defeat interspersed with some good play. But ALL that matters is Southampton and building up fitness and chemistry again for opening day.

Oh yeah, Brad Jones is stil worse than ****e.

Hail.

Leeds have been linked with a loan move for Ibe - I'd be pleased with that if it came off, we need some pace and width in our attack. He'd need to learn Italian to fit in though .... 

Preston North End match is 0900 on Saturday morning.  CSNWashington again. :D

Some fine players have graced that Deepdale pitch in Preston ........ ;)

• Like 1

Some fine players have graced that Deepdale pitch in Preston ........ ;)

1)  Leeds would be an ideal spot for Ibe for me.  He would really get a chance to be the focal point when he is in.  I'd like for him to get Premier League reps, but I appreciate Championship football more than most of the Americans on here (or I'd like to think) :P

2)  Excited to see how much they've gotten their crap together by the time Saturday rolls around.  I'm not a big tactics geek yet, but I'm not quite sure what we were trying to accomplish in Denmark.  Looked to me like we had an idea or two about letting Suso play the ball in from the wing, initially, but then it turned into "send it long for Borini" and finally "shoot if you can see the goal and you are close to the 18". 

Preseason progression.  Agree with the Redmen show where they said "you'd have thought we lost the Premier league last night had you looked at twitter".  Such a correlation to our beloved NFL franchise. :lol:

GK: Lopez

LB: Marcelo

CB: Pepe

CB: Ramos

RB: Carvajal

CM: Kroos

CM: Khedira

CAM: James

LW: Ronaldo

ST: Benzema

RW: Bale

Good lord. That is the scariest starting XI I've seen in a while. That back 4 leaves much to be desired but going forward, just...damn.

Top 4 prediction for this coming season as we stand right now:

Chelsea

City

Liverpool

Arsenal

Hail.

I think it will be a fight for spots 2-7 between Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and Man United.

I think City will win the league again, but I could see Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool winning it….if they get some unexpected help or good fortune.

Sheesh...if they don't win all 3 this season, it's a failure for RM.

Barca isn't done making moves...

***edit***

Don't forget about Bayern Munich, they are still my pick to win the Champion's League

Edited by jobaga

I think it will be a fight for spots 2-7 between Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and Man United.

I think City will win the league again, but I could see Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool winning it….if they get some unexpected help or good fortune.

Barca isn't done making moves...

***edit***

Don't forget about Bayern Munich, they are still my pick to win the Champion's League

The German national team should be the favorite to win the Champions League.

The German national team should be the favorite to win the Champions League.

I think that's why they are both so good, they always play together...

***edit***

That and their ridiculous talent

Edited by jobaga

LOL....

Yeah, I know. I laughed when I typed it too.

But I felt pity for yer so I played nice and put Arsenal in the top 4.  ;)

Behave j. Everton and Tottenham are in NO fight for the top 3 places. They may push for 4th, but I don't see them cracking it. United seem to think they can just buy their way back into it. EXACTLY what Liverpool spent many of the early through mid Premier League years doing. And they just missed out when there where only 2 and then 3 spots. With just United and Arsenal stronger than them. Now, you have Citeh and Chelsea established. Arsenal beginning to finally spend, and Liverpool reemerging strongly. Another interesting stat is that on average, across Europes top 5 leagues, if a club drops out for a season, it takes them 5 more to return to the top table. Not saying United will have that big a drought but I don't see them back in the top 4 at all next year. Challenging Everton and 'Spurs for the Europa slot is as good as that will get. Real poor squad. New manager. Again. And thus far no stellar reinforcements. This will get spun by those burying their head in the sand as a Liverpool fan being anti-United. But as Liverpool fans who've been in an eerily similar situation they'd do will to listen. 

Can't see Arsenal challenging as close as we did last year. Let alone winning it. FAR too inconsistent for that. I think we fall off the pace slightly (but if he strengthens the back end then watch out!); but still mount a decent challenge. Top 4 doesn't worry me at all. 

Can't see past Chelsea or Citeh. Too much spending power. Too strong already. And if Chelsea had a striker last year, they'd of won it for me. Costa may well be that man. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think that's why they are both so good, they always play together...

***edit***

That and their ridiculous talent

Yeah my best friend (American who roots for Germany) calls himself a fan of that team. It's really just because the German team is on it.  Name any player on it that isn't German and he looks at you with a blank stare asking who?  My other German friend (from Germany) has tried to get me to follow them ever since finding out my main German roots are there and Stuttggart.  I've personally identified with Dortmund because of fans and such.  Been hard to care about Bund though when it's so one sided lately.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88