Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Like I said... Hendo can shoot from ANYWHERE in or near the 18

two things:

1. I hate how narrow this playing surface is 

2. I never want to see this back 4 together again

I think the back four have been okay.  I like Coates.

The issue is communication and leadership.  Who is in charge and does everyone know who to listen to?

And 3-0 DC United by the way.

Against NPower League 1 side Toronto FC.

Bill Hamid is for real, ya'll

• Like 1

Like I said... Mignolet can stay forever!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a great shot stopper...the rest will improve

It's the soft stuff... if he would knock out the soft goals we're good.

Why not send Stevie here?

So how's this... I still think we need one more reliable attacker.  Someone with pace.

But I like a 4-3-3 with Hendo, Stevie, and Can in the middle and Sturridge, Sterling, and Coutinho up front.

Back 4 is too be determined.

Can looks to be a good player.

He can't come back...he was subbed out

Ahh... did not see that.  I have to admit, I saw Lucas rumble out there and thought awful things.

I promise ya'll, we're curbstomping Milan on Saturday.  I promise.

So how's this... I still think we need one more reliable attacker.  Someone with pace.

But I like a 4-3-3 with Hendo, Stevie, and Can in the middle and Sturridge, Sterling, and Coutinho up front.

Can looks to be a good player.

I love Can and Hendo in the middle. Both guys have great engines and make smart runs. I think Coutinho and Markovic will battle for time all year (but that's a good thing). The speed of the forwards will open all kinds of space for Can and Hendo to run. I think the offense will still be dynamic, even if they score less goals than last year. I think Sakho and Lovern will settle in as the centerbacks. I would still like to see them add at least one fullback (either side) and one player ready to be a superstar (read: Marco Reus)
  • Like 1

Soooo.... In the DC United game why did the ref play advantage on a PK call? A PK is definitely a bigger advantage then the ball lose in the box with a keeper and defender running at it.

Just makes no sense to me. And the announcers thought that it was great Reffing.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Soooo.... In the DC United game why did the ref play advantage on a PK call? A PK is definitely a bigger advantage then the ball lose in the box with a keeper and defender running at it.

Just makes no sense to me. And the announcers thought that it was great Reffing.

I didn't watch. Did he call the PK after the advantage was over?

So how's this... I still think we need one more reliable attacker. Someone with pace.

Can looks to be a good player..... .

As we currently stand, with the way Brendan likes to set up, my favoured starting XI would be Mingolet in nets; Kelly and Flano at right and left back, Sakho and Lovren in the middle; Stevie sat just in front of them; Lallana/ Lucas/ Hendo and Coutinho ahead of him; Markovic and Sterling supporting Sturridge.

I fully expect another couple of key signings. A full back and a marque player to partner Coutinho along with a forward. Reus would be beyond awesome. A midfield 3 of Srevie, Coutinho and Reus with Markovic and Raheem wide and Daniel leading the line is some offense.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

SHOOTOUTS!

IT's

WHAT

WE

DOOOOOOOOOOO!

^5 ill' bro'. It is indeed.

Including last night I make that 16 penalty shoot-outs. 13 won, 3 lost. 12 won 2 lost in official competitions. Including 2 European Cup finals, 1 FA Cup and 2 League Cup finals all won. Along with a European and FA Cup semi.

Screw the Germans. The REAL penalty kings are the mighty reds.

Hail.

*Sidenote: I've been at 11 of those 12 competitive shoot-outs live and never seen ONE penalty taken as I always turn my back on pens.

Go figure

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Being a good shot stopper is the basic minimum requirement for a pro keeper - if you cant do that you have no chance. So much more to being a top level goalkeeper.

I don't disagree…But some are better at it than others. He is one of the better keepers I have seen at stopping shots. His positioning and his feet both need to improve. I think his decision making has gotten better. I think he will have a good year this year and even better next.

As we currently stand, with the way Brendan likes to set up, my favoured starting XI would be Mingolet in nets; Kelly and Flano at right and left back, Sakho and Lovren in the middle; Stevie sat just in front of them; Lallana/ Lucas/ Hendo and Coutinho ahead of him; Markovic and Sterling supporting Sturridge.

I fully expect another couple of key signings. A full back and a marque player to partner Coutinho along with a forward. Reus would be beyond awesome. A midfield 3 of Srevie, Coutinho and Reus with Markovic and Raheem wide and Daniel leading the line is some offense.

Hail.

I don't want to be the one to tell you, but you would have 12 men playing. 

I don't think Kelly or Enrique are ready yet. I don't know if they will be the answer at either back. I still think he will start Johnson and Flanno. I love Lucas, but he is a bench player now. I love Emre Can. I think he will be a more skilled Hendo. My starting XI:

Mignolet

Flanno Lovern Sakho Johnson

Stevie G

Hendo            Can

Sterling(Lallana)    Coutinho(Markovic)

Sturridge(Lambert)

I didn't watch. Did he call the PK after the advantage was over?

No, luckily they scored.

But if is calling advantage on what should have been a PK, and they get a shot on goal that is either saved or shanked, he cant then just pull it back for a PK in my mind. He played advantage because they had an opportunity on goal which makes no sense in a PK situation.

When advantage is played and the team gets a chance on goal the free kick is then not called. So the announcers are saying how great of a call it was when it wasnt. If they hadnt of scored and he had pulled it back for a PK attempt then Toronto would have been in an uproar because he gave DC united two chances on goal when it should have only been one. If he DOESNT pull it back for a PK after a miss then DC United could have been rightfully pissed.

I have never seen an advantage played in the box after what should be a PK, because it makes no sense. The ref is very lucky that the DC United player didnt miss or it wasnt saved.

No, luckily they scored.

But if is calling advantage on what should have been a PK, and they get a shot on goal that is either saved or shanked, he cant then just pull it back for a PK in my mind. He played advantage because they had an opportunity on goal which makes no sense in a PK situation.

When advantage is played and the team gets a chance on goal the free kick is then not called. So the announcers are saying how great of a call it was when it wasnt. If they hadnt of scored and he had pulled it back for a PK attempt then Toronto would have been in an uproar because he gave DC united two chances on goal when it should have only been one. If he DOESNT pull it back for a PK after a miss then DC United could have been rightfully pissed.

I have never seen an advantage played in the box after what should be a PK, because it makes no sense. The ref is very lucky that the DC United player didnt miss or it wasnt saved.

I my mind, that is exactly what the advantage rule is. You allow a team their scoring opportunity until it is gone. If the team scores, great. If not, pull it back to the free kick (a PK in this instance). Granted, I did not see the play so I'm speaking in generalities. I think that this is how you use the advantage rule. You allow the team to finish the play (if the have a real chance to score) and then pull it back. PKs aren't guaranteed (see Daniel Sturridge) and the team should have every right to finish their play.