Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Biggest club in the World huh Richmond?

Bet that took some choosing .....

Hail.

Actually it did.  It came down to Saprissa, Dortmund, Real, and Corinthians.  Unfortunately Saprissa would have been way too hard to follow since its following is mainly in its own country (just for note if you want to see a cool stadium and home advantage check them out. Called the Monster's Cave in Spanish).  Corinthians is cool but no one follows Brazil soccer so I couldnt chat with anyone about them if I did.  Dortmund is a awesome club and I hope they do tons of great things but the Bunda isn't fun to watch.  Bayern monopolizing the player market and the remaining great players leaving the league really hurts any interest.  Sadly I think that's why its a matter of time before Klopp goes somewhere else.  A manager can only take so much of rebuilding all the time.  For note though Bayern's monopoly is why they were never considered.  Dominating the league is one thing but now basically dominating the market of the bunda just sucks.  Real-  Maybe not the greatest history but holding that against them decades later is kind of stupid.  Exciting team with players like Bale that aren't ego maniacs (acts like a kid in soccer player's body).  As with any team some head cases like Pepe.  I took your opinion into account too.  Saying it was a fantastic stadium and city.  I love visiting places like that.  Plus the stadium will soon get a major renovation so that should only make it better.  For note I'm not sure they are the biggest club.  I think their would be debate to that between Utd, Liverpool, Real, and Barca. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Again, only brief highlights but I'm sorry ill' bro', your boy Skrtel let you down big time along with the rest of the inept Liverpool defending on the night.

Hail.

I'm not going to trip on either him or Sakho for playing less than 48 hours earlier and pitching a shutout.  They looked great in the first half and then started to get tired.

The ball from Chicharito was great and the finish from Rooney was very good.  I've seen Mignolet make the two saves he let through on the final two goals, that's the only reason I'm upset.  They were both well hit and tough saves, but he's made them before.

Is rite lil' bro'.

NO such thing as a 'friendly' between us.

Pre-season or not, this one stings.

Bad. Horrible Manc ****s.

Hail.

I've only been in North Carolina for 8 months now and everyone already knew not to **** with me at this morning's weekly football game.  :lol:

Goals this year:

Man Utd- Get back to champions league.  We ain't taking the title or contending for it.  If nothing else Europa League just to get something.

Real-   It's gonna be a dog fight between A Madrid, Real, and Barca for the title.  Atletico got better with Mandzukic replacing Costa in my opinion.  Suarez, Messi, and Neymar will be nasty if Neymar can get back and Suarez wears a muzzle.  Real will have James coming in.  La Liga will be exciting this year.

Seriously, though, why not be a Seahawks fan? 

I'm not going to trip on either him or Sakho for playing less than 48 hours earlier and pitching a shutout.  They looked great in the first half and then started to get tired.

The ball from Chicharito was great and the finish from Rooney was very good.  I've seen Mignolet make the two saves he let through on the final two goals, that's the only reason I'm upset.  They were both well hit and tough saves, but he's made them before.

I've only been in North Carolina for 8 months now and everyone already knew not to **** with me at this morning's weekly football game.  :lol:

Seriously, though, why not be a Seahawks fan?

cuz I grew up in the DC to a Redskin family and sea chicken is fattening.

The one thing I noticed from last night's game was that there were several great balls into the danger area in front of goal and either the player completely made a hash of it (Henderson's woeful header) or there wasn't anyone attacking the front of the goal.  Suarez would have scored on the first one and would have certainly been attacking the danger area at full speed.  That is the stuff that is going to be missed this year for Pool.

• Like 2

The one thing I noticed from last night's game was that there were several great balls into the danger area in front of goal and either the player completely made a hash of it (Henderson's woeful header) or there wasn't anyone attacking the front of the goal.  Suarez would have scored on the first one and would have certainly been attacking the danger area at full speed.  That is the stuff that is going to be missed this year for Pool.

Agreed. The opportunities were there. I think Liverpool will again be amongst the league leaders in creating scoring chances. I also think Sturridge would have scored on one or two of those chances. To me, that was the difference in the match. Liverpool wasted their opportunities while Man United made the most of theirs.

Agreed. The opportunities were there. I think Liverpool will again be amongst the league leaders in creating scoring chances. I also think Sturridge would have scored on one or two of those chances. To me, that was the difference in the match. Liverpool wasted their opportunities while Man United made the most of theirs.

And that also happens to be how all football games are won and lost lol

Is rite lil' bro'.

NO such thing as a 'friendly' between us.

Pre-season or not, this one stings.

Bad. Horrible Manc ****s.

Hail.

Don't worry, there is still a lot of season left GHH and DC9. I still have to see who LVG decides to keep, as CB and WB are a major need. It's going to be some big shoes to fill with Ferdinand and Vidic departing. Too bad GHH isn't in the area, would have loved to watch the match with you last night. We're just trying to get back to the CL and hopefully top 4 after this season.

I think a certain dutchman would have made an equal if not greater difference on the other side.

He needs a dance partner though.

We have to get another legit scorer and it's not Rickey Lambert or Adam Lallana. 

I think a certain dutchman would have made an equal if not greater difference on the other side.

I don't know... the shots/goal ratio was pretty good last night.

Don't worry, there is still a lot of season left GHH and DC9. I still have to see who LVG decides to keep, as CB and WB are a major need. It's going to be some big shoes to fill with Ferdinand and Vidic departing. Too bad GHH isn't in the area, would have loved to watch the match with you last night. We're just trying to get back to the CL and hopefully top 4 after this season.

You mean it hasn't started?

And we have Europe and you don't?

Thanks!  I was nervous. :P

He needs a dance partner though.

We have to get another legit scorer and it's not Rickey Lambert or Adam Lallana.

I don't know... the shots/goal ratio was pretty good last night.

You mean it hasn't started?

And we have Europe and you don't?

Thanks! I was nervous. :P

Not having Europe waa a major detriment to Liverpool's success last year wasn't it. The only difference is the lasttime United didn't have Europe was due to the ban in 1989.

Not having Europe waa a major detriment to Liverpool's success last year wasn't it. The only difference is the lasttime United didn't have Europe was due to the ban in 1989.

When the comment goes, "Don't worry, there's a lot of season left" after a pre-season trophy is lost... I'm not sure where else to go in the world of **** talking.

Classy Heysel reference though.  I'm sure the Premeirship since then has been a detriment.

When the comment goes, "Don't worry, there's a lot of season left" after a pre-season trophy is lost... I'm not sure where else to go in the world of **** talking.

Classy Heysel reference though. I'm sure the Premeirship since then has been a detriment.

I was trying to point out the last time United didn't play in Europe. Its quite impressive IMO. Once again the rest is strictly in your head.

That was not my point. It was a preseason match. You get starters and fringe players in these contests. My point is Liverpool will continue to create chances. They need strikers who are competent. Sturridge will score a bunch of goals this year. They need secondary scoring from Sterling and Coutinho. I hope they sign a game changer (Reus to be specific). If those things do not happen, they will not be in the hunt for anything. I am not concerned about the game. I saw some things I liked and others that I didn't. You can worry about RvP's production (and ability to stay healthy), that is not my concern...at least not now.

Sounds like Agger to Arsenal could be a possibility to replace Vermaelen. How do you Liverpool guys rate him? I haven't seen him play enough recently to get a good feel for how he's been playing.

And please, don't give me some sarcastic, half-joking response lol

Sounds like Agger to Arsenal could be a possibility to replace Vermaelen. How do you Liverpool guys rate him? I haven't seen him play enough recently to get a good feel for how he's been playing.

And please, don't give me some sarcastic, half-joking response lol

Agger? The Greatest Center Back to Ever Live?

Anyway, he's 29. Doesn't seem to be a very Wenger-ish move. 

Edited by Elessar78

He's signed Arteta and Cazorla who were 28-29 when they came in. To me, it seems as though he's a Danish version of Vermaelen. Similar athleticism and technical skill but just lacks that real grit and toughness. Fair?

Agger? The Greatest Center Back to Ever Live?

the move is for depth. Need an experienced 3rd CB. Its a very Wenger move. The man brought back Sulzeer and brought Silvestre. Squilaci as well.

Having the best CB in the world as 3rd choice would be incredible.