Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Hope anyone traveling or getting to see their club in action this summer has a great time. All the posts make me jealous. It’s a goal of mine eventually to get over to the bridge and see chelsea one day...hopefully my guy Kante is still around! his brother died a few weeks before the World Cup, he was sick during the World Cup final, and had to have his teammate nzonzi make sure he got some pictures with the trophy because he was too shy to bother teammates. What a humble young man, I hope chelsea never lose him!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Hope anyone traveling or getting to see their club in action this summer has a great time. All the posts make me jealous. It’s a goal of mine eventually to get over to the bridge and see chelsea one day...hopefully my guy Kante is still around! his brother died a few weeks before the World Cup, he was sick during the World Cup final, and had to have his teammate nzonzi make sure he got some pictures with the trophy because he was too shy to bother teammates. What a humble young man, I hope chelsea never lose him!  

According to sky Sports Chelsea is negociating with la Juve for Higuain

So, earlier this week, I resolved that I was actually gonna make a real effort to follow non-World Cup Soccer. I already support D.C. United but that's mostly by default. Maybe I'll get more enthused about them if I actually went to a game. I just couldn't get into it watching it on TV. 

Then I remembered Celtic FC exists. 

Yeah, I think I found my team. 

And I know this may come across as glory hunting but reading up on their history and fan culture, I actually felt excited about supporting a club (though I also have a heart for Liverpool FC)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

According to sky Sports Chelsea is negociating with la Juve for Higuain

Yea for Higuaín and Rugani.  We are basically funding their Ronaldo buy...

it probably also means the end for one of either Batshuayi or Morata.  Morata I think wants to go back to Italy so I think it's very possible by the start of the season Higuaín will be our striker and Donnaruma will be our GK if we swap him for Morata.  The Belgians wearing blue in London are causing quite a ruckus.  Courtois most likely out and I'll stand by the fact that I think we keep Hazard and hopefully convince him to sign a new deal next summer.  Risky...but with such short notice of losing our best player I just don't see how we can let him go now...

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Big Shaq. 8 Goals. 7 Assits. £13.5 million.

Richarlison. 5 Goals. 4 Assits. £50 million.

The Ev. A continued source of boss hilarity to Liverpudlians everywhere since 1878.

Hail. 

I’m curious how you and the other pool fans here feel about signing Alisson?  Record for a gk?  

My my own personal opinion is goalkeepers in general are never worth their transfer fee and also that alisson is overrated. He was best available for sure and good with his feet but the price quoted?  I dunno seems a very stiff price. 

Either way the way the league is shaping up pool and city are obvious favorites.  Spuds united and Chelsea all for two spots basically. Ive heard Liverpool are interested in Gary Cahill also. We will ship him to you but only if you give us salah back. Deal?  :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I’m curious how you and the other pool fans here feel about signing Alisson?  Record for a gk?  

My my own personal opinion is goalkeepers in general are never worth their transfer fee and also that alisson is overrated. He was best available for sure and good with his feet but the price quoted?  I dunno seems a very stiff price. 

Either way the way the league is shaping up pool and city are obvious favorites.  Spuds united and Chelsea all for two spots basically. Ive heard Liverpool are interested in Gary Cahill also. We will ship him to you but only if you give us salad back. Deal?  :)

Fixed, and Liverpool are still getting ripped off. 

The only for sure thing I know about Alisson is the people in this thread commenting about him (me included) whether they have good or bad things to say at most watched a combine 10 of his games at AS Roma last season. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dchogs said:

Mbappe or FSG out!

Fired up for Sunday... spending the trip down teaching the Mrs some songs.  Up the Reds!

:rofl89::rofl89: 

You’re going too mate? Well aren’t you a sly one? Haha. I’ve been posting about @Long n Left and you’re there too! You guys should try meet up! Have a blast my friend. As noted a few posts back, I love the chance on these tours for you guys to get that experience what many in the City just take for granted. The chance to watch the mighty Reds live. Just reward for all the early shifts watching the match hey? Top dedication. If you happen to be in Charlotte tonight you could have gone the Wrap gig which should be a brilliant night. Sure L n L wil have a run-down. 

Just a purr the WC will deprive you of most if the really top players but such is life. Thus is the squad that travelled if you’ve not seen it: 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/07/liverpool-confirm-29-man-squad-for-pre-season-tour-of-the-us/

Savour it mate and have a boss time. And take photies!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

You’ve not been reading here over the past 24 hours then? ;) 

BEYOND ecstatic. The only real Achilles heal on the team . That has been for years. Fixed in the best possible way with one of the best ‘keepers the World. L’pools very own de Gea. His season last year was THAT good. Backed up by the stats which are off the charts mad. Alisson, big Virge, Firbinho and Naby boxing off the back-end with the best attack in Europe ahead of them ...... Good luck stopping that. 

As regards the fee, given his expected goals against swing was he highest in all 5 major European leagues last year and had Roma 10 plus points better off where they should have been, along with everything else, absolutely no issues with it. You want the best who tick every box, it’s going to cost you in this market. Can’t really win. L’pool don’t get him and Chelsea do, then the rhetoric is ‘FSG being frugal again. Liverpool not fixing what repeatedly costs them when they had the chance for a top echelon goalie’ et all. They do, and break another World Record. they’ve madly overspent. 

The trajectory this lad is on, I personally think that will look a bargain when it’s all said and done. Never understood why ‘keepers are so undervalued? They’re the most important individual on any team aside from a goal scorer. Mad how for decades Buffon was out on his own in the fee paid when he’s a glaring testament to the difference and longevity that investment gives a side. 

Single most important player signing L’pool have made the PL era for me. Seriously. The position has been a constant worry and source of undoing all the great outfield work for WAY too many years. Not now. 

Couldn’t be happier to answer your original ? Biggest need fixed in style to add to our best ever window, since there’s been windows, by a Country mile.

And I don’t personally think they’re done yet. 

Hail.

*Edit* Absolutely zero interest. In Cahill BTW man. Heck knows what lame journalist has started that but we’re sound at CH and not in any great need to add. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, thebluefood said:

That Depeche Mode classic is something to really bounce to the match. 

We re-jigged it for one of Luis’ 

songs when he was here. 

Happy days.

Nice choice in clubs mate. As much as I’m a staunch Rangers man, you couldn’t have picked any better or bigger in terms of history and unique fan culture. 

Welcome to the beautiful game. 

Hail.

• Like 2

@Long n Left These are some of the mad btards you’ll see tonight mate. All the way from L’pool to Kiev on a BUS. Christ,  It was long enough the plane with the night in Gdańsk, Poland breaking it up. Things you do for the Reds haha.

Great fan culture video:

Said it on these here pages at the time, absolutely the single best UEFA Final experience I’ve ever had Kiev. And I’ve been exceptionally fortunate to see the Reds in person 7 of rhem. (5 European Cup/ CL finals. 2 UEFA/ Europa League finals.). The Ukrainian people could not have been more welcoming, friendly and helpful. Just so appreciative you’d taken the time to come their City. The polar opposite of Russians. Can’t recommend Kiev enough as a boss, ridiculously cheap, holiday break. 

The day the final Shevchenko Park (around a half hour in the video) will live with yer forever. The place was just rammed with Reds. Banners strewn across trees. Pyro being dropped all over. Everyone chilling under the baking hot sun.  Literally just like one big festival. Bring yer own ale so there’s bottles of this and bottles of that being passed around between lads who didn’t know each other. Just one massive party like only L’pool fans do that the Ukrainian people loved as much as we did. Then to get the ground and have this mad, mini rave going on with the pyro and flares when Dua Lipa came out just topped it off. 

Awesome few days and that whole video of those lads epic trip just encomoasss what being a Liverpudlian is and following these lads around Europe is all about. Experiencing new places and cultures. Having a boss time eating boss scran drinking great ale with yer mates regardless of the result and creating stories that last a life time. 

Lose the biggest game on the planet but everyone was just so proud of getting there and the awesome journey around Europe all season in so doing, culminating in a fantastic experience Kiev, nobody was really that down and narked at all. Disappointed. But that was never going to spoil the end of a brilliant trip. 

Scouse. It’s a way of life. 

Up the Dua Lipa Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

:rofl89::rofl89: 

You’re going too mate? Well aren’t you a sly one? Haha. I’ve been posting about @Long n Left and you’re there too! You guys should try meet up! Have a blast my friend. As noted a few posts back, I love the chance on these tours for you guys to get that experience what many in the City just take for granted. The chance to watch the mighty Reds live. Just reward for all the early shifts watching the match hey? Top dedication. If you happen to be in Charlotte tonight you could have gone the Wrap gig which should be a brilliant night. Sure L n L wil have a run-down. 

Just a purr the WC will deprive you of most if the really top players but such is life. Thus is the squad that travelled if you’ve not seen it: 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/07/liverpool-confirm-29-man-squad-for-pre-season-tour-of-the-us/

Savour it mate and have a boss time. And take photies!

Hail.

Yeah, last minute(ish) decision.  I threw it out there but it was swallowed by the WC post traffic.  Long&left gave me the rundown on some red friendly pubs.  

Just happy to see em in person. Gonna be awesome.   Hope to meet up with long&left for a pint or three...

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

???

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yep, them’s my peeps! 

Most photos are older, haven’t been at RiRa’s for years. And those are the old scarves. Had a new batch made up for the game Sunday. I’m in the Valhalla pic, in the back, under the V with my LFC hat on. Tall ones in the back, yeah, and I am from Dutch stock.

Up early, just pumped. Gotta get some work in on the driving range (game is coming together, had a bogey free 18 yesterday. You’ll have to hook me up with some mates at Royal Birkdale, Royal Liverpool, and Royal Lytham and St. Anne’s when I come over), but I’m not sure how it’ll go cause my mind will be wandering to this evening and tomorrow.

Got one of 25 passes to this evening’s closed training session and VIP meet and greet, then off to TAW show. The Open Championship early tomorrow to begin the festivities, and a grand day of partying and watching the greatest footie club on earth. Life is good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Nice goal by Tim Weah for PSG today, only 18 years old with huge upside.

Hopefully, he, Pulisic, and Sargent will lead the attack for the USMNT for the next 5-10 years, and avert the disaster of this past WC qualifying.

• Like 1