Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I’m not a 20 year old girl, so I don’t have my phone at the ready to snap any picture.

That said, a picture of the inside of the big house, a video of Ojo’s penalty our end, and video of Klopp and the boys walking round applauding the crowd.

****ing brilliant day. Perfect weather, making loads of new friends, then Shaqiri announcing himself the most dramatic way. What a week it’s been!

250ABC38-8A88-4074-8117-9D5016362E23.jpeg

F46035DD-9D6B-4966-9F4D-3D2E5BD5235B.MOV

9B7FE9CE-198B-40DA-A412-F083C5CD72BC.MOV

• Thanks 3

On 7/25/2018 at 1:35 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Aside from having to break up the night and get up dead early, really looking forward to the City game tonight. And my eye to the bunkum that it ‘doesn’t matter’ with players missing both sides and it’s ‘just a pre-season exhibition’- When the top two sides the league and title favourites meet, off the back of City getting a complete arse kicking Europe, it MATTERS. Chance to lay down an early marker for either side. 

On the getting up at silly  o’clock thing, that’s what I love about these tours. Giving our phenomenal World wide support who make that sacrifice and dedication week in, week out a chance to do what those of us within the City take for granted. A chance to see the mighty Reds live and in person. The passion in Charlotte was just mad. 1,500 or singing and dancing along to Webster the Boss Night gig. (BIG kudos to L’pool, as in Kiev, for organising that and giving the support a superb evening back.) The TAW gig sold out and rocking. Everything you heard, read and saw was downtown Charlotte becoming the centre of the Liverpool Universe for a few days with most every place wall-to-wall red. And then 55 thousand or so tipping up the game Sunday. Compare that to City’s opener the ICC against Dortmund that didn’t even make the Chicago papers. 

Same as in Australia, the Far East, or whatever that summers money spinner is, the ridiculous passion and support those Country’s never fails to blow you away and remind you that there’s no bigger football club on the planet. Which after nigh on 3 decades without the title continues to pleasantly surprise you.

Hail.

• Thanks 1

Qatar World Cup 2022 bid team accused of secret 'black-ops' campaign to sabotage rivals

"The Qatar World Cup bid team allegedly broke Fifa rules by running a secret "black-ops" campaign to sabotage rivals competing for the 2022 tournament. 

The team used former CIA agents and a PR agency to spread fake propaganda about the US and Australia, its two main competitors, according to documents leaked to The Sunday Times..............."

Evil empire being evil and the rest of the world just bends over and let them :rofl89:

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Qatar World Cup 2022 bid team accused of secret 'black-ops' campaign to sabotage rivals

"The Qatar World Cup bid team allegedly broke Fifa rules by running a secret "black-ops" campaign to sabotage rivals competing for the 2022 tournament. 

The team used former CIA agents and a PR agency to spread fake propaganda about the US and Australia, its two main competitors, according to documents leaked to The Sunday Times..............."

Evil empire being evil and the rest of the world just bend over and let them :rofl89:

I think most people in the know are aware that the 2018 and 2022 bids were secured through nefarious means. Russia did a very good job, but there are still many unanswered questions surrounding Qatar. That they should be stripped is a given in my estimation, but I highly doubt that happening, as I believe FIFA would worry about seemed racism, being a middle eastern country.

There are plenty of countries who could hold the 2022 WC with very little disruption, and plenty of time to market the event. If this new FIFA administration had any balls, they’d strip Qatar now, to show that this is a new regime, and the old way of doing business through bribes, and underhanded principals will not be tolerated. I’m not holding my breath tho.

Edited by Long n Left

29 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I think most people in the know are aware that the 2018 and 2022 bids were secured through nefarious means. Russia did a very good job, but there are still many unanswered questions surrounding Qatar. That they should be stripped is a given in my estimation, but I highly doubt that happening, as I believe FIFA would worry about seemed racism, being a middle eastern country.

There are plenty of countries who could hold the 2022 WC with very little disruption, and plenty of time to market the event. If this new FIFA administration had any balls, they’d strip Qatar now, to show that this is a new regime, and the old way of doing business through bribes, and underhanded principals will not be tolerated. I’m not holding my breath tho.

They don't, they're on the evil empire payroll

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Why? Sarri's style of football suits him just as well. 

Maybe, but Klopps does and Klopp and him know each other and have worked together before. Chelsea has seemed a bit more dysfunctional recently as well.

Reports are he will stay at Dortmund another year and then leave next summer, which to me is ideal for his development. Honestly, I think he should stay in the Bundesliga.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I would play but you’ve enough problems with Pickford and his miniature arms. ;)

Hail.

haha, I guess his positioning and athleticism has to be pretty good to make up for it. ;D

With Alissons height Im sure he will be much better. Especially with our trash CBs.

Spanish teams even playact in a friendly and speaking of Spain, Ander Herrera should be playing somewhere he's one of the first names on the team sheet. Not flashy but he's been around for a few seasons now and you'd do well to find any games United lost in which he played well. I'll be gutted when he leaves. 

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Are we having a sweep on who Mourinho throws under the bus tonight?

Hail. 

The only safe bet is won't be his man crush Scott McTominay. If he ends up somewhere between Nicky Butt and pre-virus Darren Fletcher I'll be happy. 

Mourinho is gearing up for the classic 3rd year firestorm.  He has already anointed Liverpool champions, basically said Martial is not in his plans, and spent last year bashing Pogba and Lukaku.  It'll be fun to be on the other side of a Mourinho self-destruction, for once.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Mourinho is gearing up for the classic 3rd year firestorm.  He has already anointed Liverpool champions, basically said Martial is not in his plans, and spent last year bashing Pogba and Lukaku.  It'll be fun to be on the other side of a Mourinho self-destruction, for once.  

If only he was the first manager to win the league at Chelsea and descend into complete dysfunction the next season. Well actually he is but he was then followed by Ancelotti...then him again...then Conte. 

On 7/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, FrFan said:

Evil empire being evil and the rest of the world just bends over and let them :rofl89:

On 7/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, Long n Left said:

I'd still bet good money that the US ends up bailing out Qatar for 2022 and hosting.

18 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Haha, sure. Though I remember Karius being pretty highly thought of by you when he came over.  :P

Klopp rarely misses on a target.  Maybe two or three out of the lot that he's brought in.  And even most of them were servicable (to include Karius - who statistically is above average but he's just not mentally tough).

We haven't brought in a known top 5 keeper since Pepe.

You can't compare them, but you may seeth if you like. 

13 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I'd still bet good money that the US ends up bailing out Qatar for 2022 and hosting.

Klopp rarely misses on a target.  Maybe two or three out of the lot that he's brought in.  And even most of them were servicable (to include Karius - who statistically is above average but he's just not mentally tough).

We haven't brought in a known top 5 keeper since Pepe.

You can't compare them, but you may seeth if you like. 

Hey, I love Klopp, if you remember I wasnt very thrilled when Liverpool hired him. Just jokes my friend. ;)

Im too busy seething about my own trash CBs to worry about who Liverpool has at any position, to be honest I havent seen him play enough either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Hey, I love Klopp, if you remember I wasnt very thrilled when Liverpool hired him. Just jokes my friend. ;)

Im too busy seething about my own trash CBs to worry about who Liverpool has at any position, to be honest I havent seen him play enough either way.

Oh I know.  I know it's been a while but you have to remember how dry I am brother lol. 

No ill will. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC9 said:

Oh I know.  I know it's been a while but you have to remember how dry I am brother lol. 

No ill will. 

Hah, I just have to get back into the flow after avoiding all Redskins/Everton/US Soccer discussion over the 6 months. Just too depressing. Might as well start the year off fresh.

4 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Hah, I just have to get back into the flow after avoiding all Redskins/Everton/US Soccer discussion over the 6 months. Just too depressing. Might as well start the year off fresh.

Yeah it's my first week back too.  I unplugged after investing so heavily in LFC in Champions League and the Caps run.  I needed a month or two off, hahah.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Yeah it's my first week back too.  I unplugged after investing so heavily in LFC in Champions League and the Caps run.  I needed a month or two off, hahah.

The Caps win was definitely uplifting for me. The first time I have gotten to follow and enjoy a championship, it was amazing. Makes whatever happens this next year more bearable for my other teams.