Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

If only he was the first manager to win the league at Chelsea and descend into complete dysfunction the next season. Well actually he is but he was then followed by Ancelotti...then him again...then Conte. 

I just wanna watch other teams burn at this point lol.  The rollercoaster ride at Chelsea is never boring though!  

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Spuds

5. Arsenal

6. United

Those are my top 6 way-too-early predictions.  I will not predict Spuds or Arsenal above Chelsea.  But it wouldn't surprise me either...

A week today.

Can’t remember the last time I’ve been this genuinely optimistic we can end the title drought. But yanno what? It really doesn’t matter if we don’t. So long as we kick-on and improve again as we have all three seasons under the mad German btard, and continue to have more fun than any other set of fans out there the match, that’ll do sound. Aim for around the absolutey mad 90 point mark yers now need to be in the title reckoning and see where we stand. City go out and drop more? Sound. Fair ****s to them. Nottin you can do save for for holding your hand up and say we did our own thing, which is boss for us, but they’re just that little bit better.

I certainly believe we have everything coming together to win both the PL and European Cup. We more than made Europe sit up and take notice of one of her marquee clubs again last season. NOTHING should be off the cards for this gang of Reds under this manager. Whether we will or not remains to be seen but it sure as heck won’t be for the lack of trying and having an absolutely boss time every match we take the pitch. 

Next Sunday can’t come quick enough.

We’re ready for the challenge.

Hail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Ah Mou, never failing a chance to entertain us. Now, his job is so much harder because the other teams are so good, and Liverpool is buying up everything and everyone.

Pushing that exit door WIDE open, eh?

He's trolling ya'll and evidently it's working. 

18 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

He's trolling ya'll and evidently it's working. 

Actually, we’re just laughing at him, and anyone who thinks he’ll bring any glory to that despicable club. It’s a constant source of joy Merseyside.

It’s fun thinking about how ruinous he’ll be before he skips town.

Edited by Long n Left

Monaco's cash machine + €424M in one year !

- Kylian Mbappé,  €180 M€ to PSG

- Benjamin Mendy, signed for €15M  traded for €57,5M to Manchester City.

- Bernardo Silva, signed for €15,75M traded for €50M to Manchester City.

- Tiemoué Bakayoko, signed for €8M traded for €45M to Chelsea.

- Guido Carrillo, signed for €9M traded for €22M to Southampton.

- Ruben Vinagre, traded for €2M to Wolverhampton.

- Fabinho, signed for €6M traded for €50M to Liverpool.

- Thomas Lemar, signed for €4M traded for € 2M to Atletico Madrid.

- Soualiho Meïté, signed for €8M traded for €10M to Torino.

- Joao Moutinho, signed for €25M traded for €5M to Wolverhampton.

- Terence Kongolo,signed for €13M traded for €20M to Huddersfield.

- Adama Diakhaby, signed for €10M,  traded for €10M to Huddersfield.

- Rachid Ghezzal, €15M to Leicester City.

Great end to a special pre-season, on and off the pitch, that’s seen the football club re-enter the real big time and rediscover a connection with its fan base, that started the European run last year, that’s been as boss to see as anything. From the superb BOSS Nights abroad they’ve laid on, through the American experience that took over everywhere and the brilliant fan days Dublin and last night. The ridiculous amount of money raised thousands of miles away from normal folk for food banks in Liverpool. Brining the local community into the equation through the ‘Reds Neighbours’ initiative, and all points in between, the football club has really embraced their ‘This means more’ mantra and really starred to listen and reconnect with the support and our unique fan culture.  Everyone on the same page and having a bloody good time at every turn on this journey back up the mountain.

And the single best window we’ve had since windows became a thing.

There’s no definitive starting XI to this side now. You can have legit arguments over who should be at RB? Who should partner big Virge? Who should make up the midfield 3? Should Big Shaq start? 

That’s what proper big clubs have. Top quality options across the board. We got to the biggest game in football last year with 12 fit players. The sky’s now the limit with the quality depth and ridiculous options to call on game-by-game. 

Throw in a togetherness within the group and a connection between manager, players and fans I’ve never known in almost 4 decades going the match unlike anything else going on the PL .... The unique power of this football club when all those three, Shanks ‘Holy Trinity’, align as one .....

This is fixing to be a real special season where NOTHING should be out of this gang of Reds reach.

Is it Sunday already?

Hail.

• Thanks 1

Courtois is a snake.  Adios amigo, welcome Kepa.  I don't know much about him at all but apparently a young talented keeper.  I said it before in this thread and I can't go back on it now...that's too much to pay for a GK.  I said it with Alison and I'll say it with Kepa. 

Mateo Kovacic apparently coming in on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season as well.  Good, low risk business for a quality midfielder.  A midfield trio of Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante sounds really good.  Hope they can gel. 

Not a great preseason, but I can see things are starting to formulate.  We will know how good this side can be in a month.  Our best players just returned from Holiday and will make a large impact.  Biggest issue right now is up front.  Morata just doesn't seem to have the ability I thought he did this time last year.  Hopefully Sarri's system can fix him but it doesn't look great.  

14 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

There’s no definitive starting XI to this side now. You can have legit arguments over who should be at RB? Who should partner big Virge? Who should make up the midfield 3? Should Big Shaq start? 

No, not a starting XI, but the back 5, and front 3 are etched in stone IMO. 

TAA. But, we’ve got the best back up for RB AND LB in the PL.

Lovren, absolutely. If he’s not fit, Joe MF Gomez.

Keita, Hendo, Gini to start, IMO. All 3 can do it all.

The Cube will be first off the bench for me.

At my HHI home. Just going wiggy for the weekend. Go Leicester!

• Like 1

So if people don’t mind me having a slight moment.  So last week I saw Real Juventus up in DC.  Dude it’s just amazing to watch a team like Real just be so technical.  Like I know there’s so many good teams around the world but to watch a team just so technically sound from the touches, dribbles, flair, etc.  Like I’m always a big fan of Spanish soccer but it’s just so cool seeing team just put on a show and that wasn’t even many of the starters. 

• Like 1

Let the games begin!

Wilshire and Noble in midfield. Naby should have some fun running around and through those two all day. Milly gets 15 stitches in his noggin, so what, give him a Ribena or two, a head wrap, and wind him up and let him go.

Love to see a tidy 4-0 dismantling of West Ham to let the Citizens know we’ll be on their tail all season.

Up the mighty Reds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1