Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

13 hours ago, DC9 said:

Curious to see the rumored changes in the side.

What is with leaving Fabs out the last two games?

In Fabinho’s words, it’s transitioning from being all his time at Monaco with 2 deep to now 1 at best. Along with learning the complex intricacies of our system. Ala Oxo-Chambo and Robbo last year. He’s sound with not being involved as he doesn’t feel anywhere near tactically ready so the shinny new toy can wait until he gets up to speed.

With the mad intensity of our pre-season, and him selecting the same side the opening 3, with only Keita new to it, that, along with Fabinho not being up to speed yet all plays into what they’d indentified as it being vitally important to win the first 4 games going into the first International break and not be off the pace chashing City like last year.

Most experienced and best side possible right now to give us the best possible chance to win all 4 before the heavy rotation starts with Europe. 

I’n expecting to see the same again Leicester but we’ll see.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That press conference is absolute comedy gold.

Loosing it more and more by the passing week.

Hope they beat Burnley like. Don’t want the loses piling up and Woodward to jump. There’s WAY more damage left for Mourinho to do yet.

Hail.

Woodward isn't firing anyone until late in the season at the very worst. His is job is to win just enough to cover cost of income without spending on unnecessary overhead. The club is being ran like a Wal Mart man the Stretford End could be empty the rest of the year and he wouldn't bat an eye as long as he's selling pitch side seats for money you and I wouldn't have if we worked til we're 100 years old. 

Edited by Berggy9598

Au contraire. The past quarter of a Century and more has left superb memory’s as I take your advice and check the record books to not miss anything. 

21 finals. 13 trophy’s won. Including three European Cup finals. Winning the biggest prize of all that glorious night by the Bosporous 13 years ago last May. The most successful English side in UEFA competition over the period. A second treble won. The first club to win 5 trophies in a calendar year. 

Where as a United fans memory’s of the last long title drought between ‘67 and ‘93 wasn’t quite as ‘memorable’ and includes the ignominy of being relegated the ‘70’s.

Simple rule of thumb. 

Don’t play any game involving those big silvery things with a Liverpudlian. You’ll never come out of it looking too clever. ;)

Hail.

@DC9 

Piece on the Fabinho situation lil’ bro.

Gini’s continued rebirth aside, a little more on him being too defensively minded from what he’s used to the more expansive game we play. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fabinho-faces-battle-to-break-through-at-liverpool-as-revitalised-georginio-wijnaldum-blocks-path-to-a3921756.html

Hail.

• Like 1

Ok. Now the 32 teams for this years Champions League are known:-

Dear Football Gods,

if iyou could see to it all the aways will be the 6PM kick-offs and have us avoid Juventus/ Napoli, Donetsk/ Lokomotiv and Belgrade it would be most appreciated.

Thank you. 

Jurgens travelling Red Army.

PS. If you could also see to it we draw either Accrington, Oxford, Brentford or Wycombe away the League Cup for a new ground I’d be massively grateful of that too ta. 

Gutted to dip out of pot 2 as there’s some absolutey fabulous, close trips in pot 3. But the flipside of staying in pot 3 is it halves the chances of a Moscow side so there is that.

Ideal scenario. (Teams in order of preference):

Boss Trips. 

Pot 1. Bayern/ Atletico/ Real/ Barcelona.
Pot 2. Porto/ Dortmund.
Pot 4. Plzen/ Bruges/ Young Boys/ Galatasaray/ Hoffenheim.

’Meh’ trips.

Pot 1. PSG.
Pot 2. Roma.
Pot 4. Inter/ AEK.

Absolutely horrendous, ****e trips.

Pot 1. Lokomotiv Moscow/ Juventus.
Pot 2. Donetsk/ Napoli.
Pot 4.. Red Star Belgrade.

Personal dream draw: Bayern, Porto, Plzen. (Plzen could well be moody but man would it be brilliantly messy, cheap carnage haha.).

Roll on tomorrow tea-time and the best date in the football calendar .....

Holiday Lottery Day!

Hail.

47 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ok. Now the 32 teams for this years Champions League are known:-

Dear Football Gods,

if iyou could see to it all the aways will be the 6PM kick-offs and have us avoid Juventus/ Napoli, Donetsk/ Lokomotiv and Belgrade it would be most appreciated.

Thank you. 

Jurgens travelling Red Army.

PS. If you could also see to it we draw either Accrington, Oxford, Brentford or Wycombe away the League Cup for a new ground I’d be massively grateful of that too ta. 

Gutted to dip out of pot 2 as there’s some absolutey fabulous, close trips in pot 3. But the flipside of staying in pot 3 is it halves the chances of a Moscow side so there is that.

Ideal scenario. (Teams in order of preference):

Boss Trips. 

Pot 1. Bayern/ Atletico/ Real/ Barcelona.
Pot 2. Porto/ Dortmund.
Pot 4. Plzen/ Bruges/ Young Boys/ Galatasaray/ Hoffenheim.

’Meh’ trips.

Pot 1. PSG.
Pot 2. Roma.
Pot 4. Inter/ AEK.

Absolutely horrendous, ****e trips.

Pot 1. Lokomotiv Moscow/ Juventus.
Pot 2. Donetsk/ Napoli.
Pot 4.. Red Star Belgrade.

Personal dream draw: Bayern, Porto, Plzen. (Plzen could well be moody but man would it be brilliantly messy, cheap carnage haha.).

Roll on tomorrow tea-time and the best date in the football calendar .....

Holiday Lottery Day!

Hail.

Oxford is just a great city even if the game is at the Kazan. Does that pitch still exist? 

Absolutely horrendous draw.

Hoolie group and then some. They’ll be casualties Belgrade. Naples is a nightmare the best of times. Even more so after what went down the last time the Europa. And the same Paris after the **** the ‘97 Cup Winners Cup semi.

Not worried at all on the pitch. PSG and Napoli will be dreading facing this gang of Reds. But off it you couldn’t of hand picked worse trips. 

Nailed on we’ll get Millwall away now the League Cup later just to add to a horrendous evening.

Hail.

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Absolutely horrendous draw.

Hoolie group and then some. They’ll be casualties Belgrade. Naples is a nightmare the best of times. Even more so after what went down the last time the Europa. And the same Paris after the **** the ‘97 Cup Winners Cup semi.

Not worried at all on the pitch. PSG and Napoli will be dreading facing this gang of Reds. But off it you couldn’t of hand picked worse trips. 

Nailed on we’ll get Millwall away now the League Cup later just to add to a horrendous evening.

Hail.

I feel for ya mate. Was driving the young ‘un up to Michigan yesterday, made the wife take over driving duties just before noon so I could follow the draw. Said to her, “my Scouser mate ain’t gonna be happy!”

Tough draw, but I was expecting it after last year's cakewalk. PSG was the one team I wanted to avoid, but I fear no one. Too bad the other two are such rough away ties. Wish you luck, and good health in your European travels, and a fourth straight clean sheet tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I feel for ya mate. Was driving the young ‘un up to Michigan yesterday, made the wife take over driving duties just before noon so I could follow the draw. Said to her, “my Scouser mate ain’t gonna be happy!”

Tough draw, but I was expecting it after last year's cakewalk. PSG was the one team I wanted to avoid, but I fear no one. Too bad the other two are such rough away ties. Wish you luck, and good health in your European travels, and a fourth straight clean sheet tomorrow.

Thanks man. Appreciated.

Not often you get all three trips where you’re not looking forward to any one of them haha.

Just about got the means of travel boxed off relatively cheap so happy there. Into Naples the day of the game and out the following day. So as little time there as is possible. Same with Paris but on the train there and back for that one. 3 nights Belgrade but the first is in Berlin which should be boss then onto Belgrade and get our heads well down for the next two. One of the lads has a mate that lives out there so he’ll be a massive help in where to go out of the way. 

Not worried on the park per se. Napoli and PSG won’t have liked pulling us at all after we made all of Europe seriously sit up and take note again last year. 

Just be happy when everyone’s (hopefully) on the plane home unscathed from Naples and Belgrade, who are absolute animals (still can’t get the images of the Toulouse lads they killed  the other year out of my head for anyone that’s seen/ remembers that) in particular. 

All three Andield games will be moody too to add to the ‘fun.’

Mad things you do for the Reds. 

Yeah, fully expecting City to be looking up at us 2 points behind going into the International break. With the season’s first objective attained. 12 out of 12.

Hail.

So pleasing the mad depth we now have when you can rotate a £52 million, highly sought after midfielder for someone as experienced and versed in what we run for a tough away like this as the massively important and still, bizarrely underrated Captain. 

Personally thought maybe Milner would get the rest but Nabby did look well leggy from early in the game last week so that makes as much sense as anything whilst he learns about the rigours of this mad league of ours. 

HATE the ‘Sat’day breakfast’ KO’s as Klopp calls them. This time should be banned. But at least it’s away so Leicester can have the flat, hungover home crowd for a change. 

4 out of 4 today to box off the season’s first 4 games objective. 

Up the Fox Hunting Reds!

Hail.