Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

6 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Does Wilshire even have balls?

True, but man law prohibits you from joking about this kind of incident.

Although it probably belongs in the match summary: 

"Score 4-0 and two West Ham players got whacked in the groin."

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  Never sure what to expect with a team that has a lot of new additions and a new manager to boot.  Respect to West Ham for playing head up.

Looked a decent side, stayed compact and Fabianski had two or three worldies in him or it was out of hand yesterday.

Liverpool are a buzz saw this year.  Milly was tremendous and Keita... what a player!  Happy for Sturridge.  New weight, look and attitude leads to old results and that dance.  I love it.

Wasn't really impressed with City or Arsenal.  Nothing special about either but of course it's very early days. 

51 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Why even post that?  You've clearly got more than one from where they're shouting at him and Carra basically punks them.  LOL.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Milly gets 15 stitches in his noggin, so what, give him a Ribena or two, a head wrap, and wind him up and let him go.

Love to see a tidy 4-0 dismantling of West Ham to let the Citizens know we’ll be on their tail all season.

Up the mighty Reds!

Well done on the predictions.

Thought you'd dig this off of the Milly comment

• Haha 1

Of possible personal interest to you guys .....

Reviewing the U’18’s first game of the season Sat’day morning, a new name stood out. Matteo Ritaccio. Who it turns out is a young 16-year-old Italian-American who’s played to U-17 level the US men’s National side and who joined L’pool last Thursday from Blau-Weiss Gottachee in NY and who’s been over numerous times the last 2 or 3 years on trial at LFC including this past pre-season:

https://www.bwgottschee.org/bwg-player-matteo-ritaccio-signs-for-liverpool-fc/

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/matteo-ritaccio

Went straight into the U-18’s side 2 days after officially signing and played 64 mins in the aforementioned 6-1 win over Sunderland.

An American to keep an eye on his development the coming years. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

La Liga games in the US and Canada is about as grim as it gets. 

Words can’t describe how inherently wrong this is. I half get the American based sports trying to grow their product on a World wide scale by promoting the real thing but even that’s never sat right. Regular season games played in another Country is just wrong. It compleyeky flys in the face of  being a supporter and the community a sports club should serve. And football is the very LAST sport that needs to do this. 

The PL ever went down this road and took a home game from clubs that might welll be the final nail and the end for me.

Absokutely abhorant what the Spanish League has signed up for.

Soul completely sold. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 3

On 8/16/2018 at 12:28 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

La Liga games in the US and Canada is about as grim as it gets. 

Words can’t describe how inherently wrong this is. I half get the American based sports trying to grow their product on a World wide scale by promoting the real thing but even that’s never sat right. Regular season games played in another Country is just wrong. It compleyeky flys in the face of  being a supporter and the community a sports club should serve. And football is the very LAST sport that needs to do this. 

The PL ever went down this road and took a home game from clubs that might welll be the final nail and the end for me.

Absokutely abhorant what the Spanish League has signed up for.

Soul completely sold. 

Hail.

I agree.

If the Redskins have an important game I want it at Fed Ex.

If LFC have an important game I 100% want it at Anfield.

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

With Chelsea looking a decent shout for the title you have to wonder where Sarri will be managing 2 years from now. 

They both looked ho-hum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1