Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

15 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Have to admit I’m binging the season. The inside the lockerroom stuff is incredible especially for Premier league teams that are from my understanding historically secretive.

I’ve seen so much NFL behind the scenes that to see it with soccer is really pretty cool.

Yeah, I love the game and feel like I understand it pretty well, but I imagine I will learn a lot by watching the behind the scenes stuff with Pep.

38 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

It's always entertaining to watch Pep coach, how he relates with his players. 

There's a podcast Yogi Roth (Life without Limits) where he interviews Jim Jorden who directed the Michigan all or nothing. Interesting how they pre mic'd and camera'd up all these rooms so they could capture honest dialogue. It's literally a big production. 

Ill check that out, All or Nothing is easily my favorite series. I also enjoy how you dont really know what they are going to be releasing next. I may have squealed a bit in surprise and excitement when I saw All Or Nothing Manchester City pop up on my screen. Behind the scenes of an EPL squad? And one that just won the league? Yes please.

I love the series so much I even watched the Cowboys All Or Nothing, though I only watched the ones where they lost or were going through negative things haha.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah, I love the game and feel like I understand it pretty well, but I imagine I will learn a lot by watching the behind the scenes stuff with Pep.

Ill check that out, All or Nothing is easily my favorite series. I also enjoy how you dont really know what they are going to be releasing next. I may have squealed a bit in surprise and excitement when I saw All Or Nothing Manchester City pop up on my screen. Behind the scenes of an EPL squad? And one that just won the league? Yes please.

I love the series so much I even watched the Cowboys All Or Nothing, though I only watched the ones where they lost or were going through negative things haha.

Forgot about that one. That was a good one too. I stopped watching NFL like a decade or so ago apart from the random game or quarter of football here and there. So that was all news to me and I have no idea how their seasons ended up. Their middle linebacker went to Penn State, Sean Lee, so it was nice to see how central he was there. Quality guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Forgot about that one. That was a good one too. I stopped watching NFL like a decade or so ago apart from the random game or quarter of football here and there. So that was all news to me and I have no idea how their seasons ended up. Their middle linebacker went to Penn State, Sean Lee, so it was nice to see how central he was there. Quality guy.

So, I'm NOT the only one here who doesn't watch the NFL any more? I'm not sure how many years ago I stopped, I think it was after Cousins took over. Now, I watch the Super Bowl and that's about it. I may come back if the 'Skins ever start winning again, and I know someone will accuse me of being fairweather but I'm guessing by the time that the Skins start winning this post will have been long forgotten.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So, I'm NOT the only one here who doesn't watch the NFL any more? I'm not sure how many years ago I stopped, I think it was after Cousins took over. Now, I watch the Super Bowl and that's about it. I may come back if the 'Skins ever start winning again, and I know someone will accuse me of being fairweather but I'm guessing by the time that the Skins start winning this post will have been long forgotten.

Bookmarked, fairweather. :headbang:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Snyder took the fun of it out from me. Then we moved away from DC so it was hassle to watch games. Then my weekends became super busy so I couldn't carve out 3 hours to watch a game anymore. When I would come back to it, I was turned off by all the damn commercials. 

Who cares if you're "fairweather". I'm not an Arsenal fan anymore per se. I latched on because I liked Wenger's teams. But then his teams became incompetent because of his management, so I stopped liking them. What's the point? My parents arbitrarily moved to America/DC in 1991, the skins won in 1992. So it was an arbitrary attachment. Snyder took over and completely mismanaged the franchise—why the hell would I pledge my undying allegiance to a badge? 

it's all just entertainment. If it's not entertaining why bother? Entertaining doesn't mean "always winning", it just means, to me, they put a respectable product: whether it's music, tv show, or sports. I'm so tired of this tribalism with Penn Staters thinking the school is above criticism for the Sandusky scandal. Or Ohio State fans saying Urban Meyer is untouchable.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Bookmarked, fairweather. :headbang:

LOL whatevs

I actually classify a fairweather fan as someone who switches to the new winning team, not the person who has been a fan of a single team for the last 37 years of his life but can't bear the disappointment of watching them any more.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

LOL whatevs

I actually classify a fairweather fan as someone who switches to the new winning team, not the person who has been a fan of a single team for the last 37 years of his life but can't bear the disappointment of watching them any more.

Just jokes Asbury. :D

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Thanks 1

City blink first. Never expected that bonus so early.

6 games they dropped points in last year. SIX. Maybe what? Add another 2/3 tops on to that? Still need to be running at close to 100% right through. Just nice to have every chance of going the International break leading them. 

Belter start to the day.

Hail.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, AsburySkinsFan said:

Or even worst we'll all be dead ! ?:ph34r::unsure::P

6 hours ago, FrFan said:

Or even worst we'll all be dead ! ?:ph34r::unsure::P

That thought occured to me the day that the Saints won the Super Bowl. Some announcer said that in the 40 years of their franchise they had never won, and my immediate thought was, “Holy crap! You mean that could happen to us?!”

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That thought occured to me the day that the Saints won the Super Bowl. Some announcer said that in the 40 years of their franchise they had never won, and my immediate thought was, “Holy crap! You mean that could happen to us?!”

Nothing that I wish for of course, but until Snyder sells this team or pull a Sterling that's unfortunately quite possible. We're already half way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, AsburySkinsFan said:

I watch the Redskins and that's really it.  Another reason I don't play fantasy.

I would rather watch footie or hockey.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:54 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

‘L’pool, Top the League; L’pool, L’pool Top the League.’

The pace setting Reds.

That is all. 

Hail.

Curious to see the rumored changes in the side.

Defense looks strong (though we haven't really played anyone - you still need to collect the points and we're collecting where we would've dropped in years past!) and Allison is just incredible.

What is with leaving Fabs out the last two games?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

Curious to see the rumored changes in the side.

Defense looks strong (though we haven't really played anyone - you still need to collect the points and we're collecting where we would've dropped in years past!) and Allison is just incredible.

What is with leaving Fabs out the last two games?

I’m actually surprised Klopp went same XI for three straight. Seemed he changed every match last season. I agree that they looked a bit lethargic second half Saturday.

I’m thinking we may see Clyne, Hendo, and one of Shaq or Studge to start at LCFC Saturday morning. When you’ve got depth like this, I believe it’s best to use it early and often to keep everyone fresh and engaged.

Looked like Fabs was struggling a bit the last few friendlies, think Klopp will ease him in ala Robbo last season. I have no doubt he will play an integral part in whatever promises this season hold.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Looks like a normal table to me.

I'll start worrying when there isn't a party thrown every time United drop points. 

FWIW the United Twitter source that gets about 1 in 4 right is saying Mourinho will resign.

I understand where he's coming from in one sense, because United's vile owners (they can rent every plane in the U.S air force to throw up banners every week but the Glazers are soulless robots who only care about money) hired someone just as vile as they are (magnificent feat) to run the club, and he nixed the Aldeveireld transfer both to "punish" Mourinho and because it's a signing that won't see those filthy swines make more money off the pitch.

Yes, he signed Bailley and Lindelof, but it's not unheard of in the least bit for a club that prints money to make deals when prior signings won't pan out. Is this sad because the London day trippers and tourists go home feeling they didn't get value for their money? Heck no. What's sad is that this club used to mean something and it was taken over by empty wretched human beings that are in it to stick a needle in it's heart and drain as much money as they can out of it. If they attempted to run United like a football club the way FSG and the mobsters that run City and Chelsea do it would be easier to swallow. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1