Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

7 games, 7 wins! What a start!

Ugly game, but that goes on Soton, as they were content to take the 3-0 beating and shuffle home. Showed zero willingness to attack second half. 

Andy Robbo my MOTM, he and Gini were everywhere.

Be interested to see the side Klopp puts out Wednesday evening. Onward and upward mighty Reds!

Oh yeah, and 8 straight clean sheets PL games at Anfield!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Mo has now been involved (scoring/ assisting) in more goals through the first 7 games this season than the first seven last season.
#oneseasonwonder #crisisgoaldrought

I think Alisson was the only player not on him when he scored today too.
#selfishegooutforhimself #teamunity

Maybe now the B/S narative over a player just going through a dip in form by his own ridiculous standards will stop from outside sources?

Big Shaq forn £13 million ..... Are you F messing?!!!!! 
#immensefulldebut

8 PL clean sheets in a row at Anfield.
#dodgyliverpoolbackline #homefriggingfortress

LFC win their first 7 games in all competitions for the first tme in their storied history. All 126 years of it.
#kloppsredsaremustard

600 League games not out as a manager for Jurgen Norbet Klopp Esq.
#herestothenext600inred #proper****ingscouser

I think we might never drop a point again yanno?

’L’pool, Top the League. L’pool, L’pool Top the League!’

Up the 7 Up Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Absolute scenes if Harry Wilson scores at Utd this evening.

’You Scouse Btard! You Scouse Btard!’ Haha.

Hail.

Great call! Scores their first, and nets in the penalty shootout which Derby County win 8-7!

Unfortunately may lead to Mou sacking, which would be a shame, as their disarray has been top shelf entertainment!

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Great call! Scores their first, and nets in the penalty shootout which Derby County win 8-7!

Unfortunately may lead to Mou sacking, which would be a shame, as their disarray has been top shelf entertainment!

Hes in zero danger of getting binned which is just beautiful, 

All the Glaziers care about is profits so until they get hit, hes safe to cause more carnage and destruction.

Whoever wins tomorrow evening, it’s really opened up for them now early with 2 the big 6 gone the first round.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Few thoughts ona real down night:

VAR and Chelseas equaliser- 

Double joke. Never a free kick to start with. Even the lino didn’t give it. And then they take all that time looking at the replay and still don’t class Barkley off. But then Friend wasn’t giving us anything from the first whistle so it was no surprise.

That said, it still should have been defended a Hell of a lot better. And we waisted more than enough chances so only ourselves to blame. 

I think last night showed just how complex our system is and how regularly you need to be playing in it to have the rhythm and understanding. It’s sound having and using the depth for one or two changes but when so many are coming in, not least with so little match fitness, it showed. Not least the first half hour when we were all over the show. I mean even Shaqiri, who along with Mane was our best player for me, showed why hes still no threat at all to start regulatly just now to the front three. Great individual attacking play. But positionally he was continually a few steps out of line, along with not fully doing his defensive duty. Klopp was going nuts with him the touchline for that.  Probably doesn’t show the telly but live it stands out massively with the shape conpletely out of line from watching the normal three lads who are so in synch. Same Fabinho. Dead tidy the ball. But not hard to see why he’s been held back right now. He just doesn’t know not only where he has to be, but where everone else has to be in the fuidity of our system to be able to drop in and cover. Say what yoo want about Henderson but thats why you go with his nounce and experience all day long right now. He might be less technically gifted than Fabinho but he’s way more versed in our system to organise and make sure everyone else is doing their jobs properly. Poor Milner couldn’t play his own game last night for trying to sort everyone else out! 

Which all leads into another massive downside of being out of the League Cup so early again. You just don’t see where most of those lads are going to get the regular minutes to get that rythum and understanding with even less games now?

On the plus side, although he did actually have a solid game for once, that will hopefully be the last time we ever have to see Mignolet in nets again. And the less said about the continued brain dead lad who just NEVER learns, Alby, the better. Last night looked like our defending looked frim back this time ladt year around the Tottenham debacle. None of that 5 are in any danger of displacing Alisson, Trent, JMG, van Dijk or Andy Robbo any time soon lets put it that way. Makes you appreciate them even more looking at the night and day difference to those that replaced them.

If Hazard was consistent he’d be at Madrid long ago. 

He’s like watching Johnny Barnes when he’s on it. You just can’t get the ball off him. Couldn’t help but stand and applaud the brilliance of the winner the ground last night. 

But he picks and choses when he can be bothered playing. Often against L’pool who he really seems to get up for and dominate like nobody else. Which has all gotten LONG past annoying! Best player the League ability wise but I’d argue the opposite until he does it on a consistent basis every week.

So this us what it feels like to wake up not having won? ..... Well this feeling can do one and quick!!!!!

Utterly ****e to be out of the first chance of much needed silverware and as mentioned, game time for many this season. To have it happen against them of all clubs makes it doubly depressing. Not gonna’ lie. That one hurts. BADLY wanted to get back to going far again in a boss competition but sadly not to be.

Congratulations Chelsea. Hazards magic deserved to win any game.

Expect a COMPLETELY different gang of Reds Sat’day tea-time

Hail.

• Like 1

@Gibbs Hog Heaven Unfortunately I missed the game yesterday but watched the highlights.  Looked like two teams who rotated heavily but still battled and really wanted to advance to the next round.  That should always be the case when two elite clubs face off, no matter the competition...so I'm happy with that.  I looked up the stats at halftime and saw possession in our favor and shots even.  Then after halftime possession was closer to even and you had taken a fairly large shot on target advantage...then the goal.  Then Eden came on and things changed from what I can tell.  Speaking of Eden... 

And you hit on exactly what is the most frustrating part about Eden Hazard: consistency.  From a dribbling and technical perspective he's already one of the two best in the world IMO, but if he starts adding goals at a consistent rate then he is firmly in the top 3 or 4 best players around.  My fear is as soon as he becomes consistent in his goal scoring he will move to Madrid and they will get the best of the player we have been cultivating for the past 6 years...

Anyway, see you back in the thread this weekend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SkinssRvA

Considering you’ve two sets of fans who really don’t like each other, to be kind, this is a really enjoyable, unbiased chat between CFC Fan TV and TAW:

Props to Sarri today too for real classy words on L’pool. In the short time he’s been here, he seems a real honest, straight forward fella’ who comes across as a Gentleman.

Someone WAY too nice for your shower. wink.gif

Hail.

• Haha 1

By far the best game of the season so far in the prem. It had everything, goals, movement, GREAT saves, a worldie, world class players, defense, and atmosphere. I think 1-1 is a fair result the way it all went.  I’m impressed with sarri, my guess is he’s sharing a glass of wine with Klopp after the game laughing at man united. Chelsea need a striker to really be competitive, but giroud is still miles ahead of morata. Kovacic was great and Eden was...Eden. 

Of course sturridge had to score it...of course. 

• Like 3

Homestly, as a fan, is there ANY better way to score to get the result than at the dearh like that? Affords you not only the delirium of gaining a more than deserved point, with a stupendous goal. But the double whammy of totally deflating your opponents who thought they had it boxed. That’s why you do it. That’s what football’s ALL about. Moments and memories. 

And that one lived up to the billing and then some. Absolutely superb game of togger. Brilliant football from both teams at an oft breakneck speed. Top drawer defending. Two brilliant goals. One an absolute Worldie. Couldn’t ask for much more in terms of top notch entertainment.

Not qute sure how we haven’t comfortably won both games these last 4 days like but among all the missed chances and atrocious officiating Wednesday lets not lose sight of the fact Chelsea are a damn good team under a top drawer manager cut from the same cloth as our own. With well arguably the most talented attacking footballer in the PL. (As frustrating as the F is ALWAYS turning it on against L’pool.). So going to their house and performing as well as that isn’t something to be sniffed at.

Could have won. Probably should have on chances. But just one of them and no real disappointment here after such a wonderful game. 

We know our front three is better than anything else in Europe and they’ll click sooner rather than later. The fact that we’re sitting top with City when they as yet haven’t is testimemt to just what a bloody brilliant gang of Reds Jurgen has assembled.

WORST case scenario, we go into the second International break a game behind City. Which when you consider our first 8 games compared to theirs is beyond brilliant. And thats just a ‘worst case’ with the mouthwatering game between ourselves to come next Sunday.

Frustrating but nonetheless very satisfying Sat’day. Aside from the safety aspect, roll on Wednesday and Naples and the next game in whats fast turning into a real special season. 

Well played Chelsea for contributing to a super game of football.

Up the never giving in Reds!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1