Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

A true generational talent. Madrid will have quite the attack when he joins Hazard there in a year or two.

In a couple of years he'll be worth € 500 mil + ;)

Edited by FrFan

From La Gazetta Dello Sporte

aYeDfvT.jpg

Mbappé at 18 years old and 3 months : 45 games 9 assists 20 goals

Messi 10 games 0 assists 0 goals

Ronaldo 27 games 0 assists 3 goals

His stats are insane, he reminds me of Pelé

Edited by FrFan

7 hours ago, FrFan said:

From La Gazetta Dello Sporte

aYeDfvT.jpg

Mbappé at 18 years old and 3 months : 45 games 9 assists 20 goals

Messi 10 games 0 assists 0 goals

Ronaldo 27 games 0 assists 3 goals

His stats are insane, he reminds me of Pelé

Now let’s compare the leagues Messi and Ronaldo played in at 18 to the league Mbappe plays in.

Question for the Brits in the UK. My son has been approached by the director of UK Pro Academy. 

https://ukproacademy.com/

Adrian Costello is apparently the head coach.

Does anyone know ANYTHING about this group?

Question for the Brits in the UK. My son has been approached by the director of UK Pro Academy. 

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@AsburySkinsFan-

Never heard of it. The claim that their programme has been used by top clubs would be an instant flashing red light to me given those it names with established, proven youth systems of their own. 

My advice would be to wary of anything you have to pay for in that regard.

Hail.

Yup, my thoughts too. Their whole approach is based on “finding the players others missed”. Which is fine in theory, but they couldn’t give me any stats on players that have gone on from their system. At the very most I’d look at it like an opportunity to train overseas, but they do a lot of recruitment here in the states which probably just means that he’d be playing with American kids overseas. Which I suppose is its own reward, but probably not $4,000 worth plus airfare.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just for our own entertainment and maybe yours-ask your contact what they have done exactly for Barca/Madrid/Liverpool and what players they have linked with them. And what exactly is their deal? You pay them and they get you a trial with clubs?

If a player is good enough for these clubs, then he’s good enough to play say in an MLS academy. Plus your kid is a GK. He could go to an American college and, if he’s got what it takes, still turn pro. The position isn’t so reliant on what’s around him for his development. 

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Yup, my thoughts too. Their whole approach is based on “finding the players others missed”. Which is fine in theory, but they couldn’t give me any stats on players that have gone on from their system. At the very most I’d look at it like an opportunity to train overseas, but they do a lot of recruitment here in the states which probably just means that he’d be playing with American kids overseas. Which I suppose is its own reward, but probably not $4,000 worth plus airfare.

If your kid is really good-he could make the ODP regional team and those teams go to a tournament abroad.

45 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Just for our own entertainment and maybe yours-ask your contact what they have done exactly for Barca/Madrid/Liverpool and what players they have linked with them. And what exactly is their deal? You pay them and they get you a trial with clubs?

If a player is good enough for these clubs, then he’s good enough to play say in an MLS academy. Plus your kid is a GK. He could go to an American college and, if he’s got what it takes, still turn pro. The position isn’t so reliant on what’s around him for his development. 

If your kid is really good-he could make the ODP regional team and those teams go to a tournament abroad.

I pretty much got the answer I was looking for about this so, I’m gonna pass on playing games with him. He’s just doing his job and that’s fine. But, I asked Ethan’s coaches, one from Ireland played semi-pro, and one from England played for a time in the Prim, neither had heard of this group nor any groups line it that are finding success in what they promise without even being able to provide stats and names of players who were later signed somewhere (I would think those names would be memorized!) So in the end it’s just an expensive two month training camp under a coach from a 2nd Division Swedish team. And it would be during the summer after his junior year which is sort of key in the college recruitment process. 

We’ve looked at the ODP here in Kentucky and it’s in pretty bad shape. It’s about the money now here and selection is too often not representative of the best players. It really broke down a few years ago when the ODP coach basically brought his club team on as the Kentucky team. At that point the message was clear. I follow their twitter and last year when they went to Europe they got stood up by the clubs they were scheduled to play. In the end they got some extra soccer, went to Europe and practiced in some nice European facilities. From my understanding other states have healthier ODP programs, but Ethan is already training under coaches and on a team that is playing at a higher level than the Kentucky ODP coach. We’d look at Ohio ODP but it’s already a push for us with his practice/game schedule. At times I feel like I might as well be living in Montana as far as everything is from us.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I pretty much got the answer I was looking for about this so, I’m gonna pass on playing games with him. He’s just doing his job and that’s fine. But, I asked Ethan’s coaches, one from Ireland played semi-pro, and one from England played for a time in the Prim, neither had heard of this group nor any groups line it that are finding success in what they promise without even being able to provide stats and names of players who were later signed somewhere (I would think those names would be memorized!) So in the end it’s just an expensive two month training camp under a coach from a 2nd Division Swedish team. And it would be during the summer after his junior year which is sort of key in the college recruitment process. 

We’ve looked at the ODP here in Kentucky and it’s in pretty bad shape. It’s about the money now here and selection is too often not representative of the best players. It really broke down a few years ago when the ODP coach basically brought his club team on as the Kentucky team. At that point the message was clear. I follow their twitter and last year when they went to Europe they got stood up by the clubs they were scheduled to play. In the end they got some extra soccer, went to Europe and practiced in some nice European facilities. From my understanding other states have healthier ODP programs, but Ethan is already training under coaches and on a team that is playing at a higher level than the Kentucky ODP coach. We’d look at Ohio ODP but it’s already a push for us with his practice/game schedule. At times I feel like I might as well be living in Montana as far as everything is from us.

There are companies that do legit soccer tours. Our club does one to Barca every other year, for example. I can get the name. Maybe you can latch onto a team thats using one of these companies that’s going that needs a GK?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I've seen chatter that Barca may actually be taregeting him, perhaps for the winter.

Speaking of which, Vermaelen is out six weeks, and Umtiti is out an indeterminate amount of time, which leaves Barca with only two center backs healthy, and no left back sub, because that was supposed to be either Umtiti or Vermaelen. That might explain said interest.

Also Pique has been terrible lately, and Barca has dropped like 7 points in 4 matches against bottom sides, leaking goals.

Fun times.