Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just can’t get past the driver. ;)

He did it on purpose when he realized the dutch triple coverage and that Giroud was petrified at middfield by his acceleration. ;)

Thanks to the driver here because Giroud was about to break KB's 11 games scoreless streak.

Mbappé doesn't need big spaces to burn you (see what he did vs Argentina in the box). His capacity of acceleration on short distances makes him lethal.

The two good things for you guys is that he's been suspended for 3 games until 09/18, and the evil empire middfield is weak. :)

Edited by FrFan

21 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Excellent.

Michael Oliver, who’s by far the best of a very bad bunch IMHO (not sure whether that’s good or bad), has the ‘Spurs game Sat’day dinner.

Need a strong ref against those cheating ****s.

Hail.

He doesn't give many pens and he has the balls to overrule a lino.  Definitely not going to be giving two in a few minute span...

19 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well Hell.

Degsy liable to not be match ready until after the second International break in October.

If only we had one of the top young defenders the PL to partner big Virge .....

Oh. Wait. 

We do! :)

Hail.

That's not his spot anymore.  He'll do well for us in the many competitions we're in this year, though. 

Speaking of - I'm seeing a lot of "Ox back by the spring" stuff going on right now. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

He doesn't give many pens and he has the balls to overrule a lino.  Definitely not going to be giving two in a few minute span...

That's not his spot anymore.  He'll do well for us in the many competitions we're in this year, though. 

Speaking of - I'm seeing a lot of "Ox back by the spring" stuff going on right now. 

Not worried by Degsy myself. Probably a good thing he’s getting this break after playing so much this past year. Hopefully he’ll come back stronger and hungrier, now that everyone is ready to set him on the bench. Great problem to have, not to mention he and Joe will keep uber-soft Matip off the pitch.

Be nice to have the leadership Ox brings back, but I want him fully fit. Guy I’m itching to see is Brewster, hope he gets fit before the holidays.

• Thanks 1

@DC9 Be real surprised if we see Alex at all this season bro’. He was talking the England game last Sat’day on the severity of the injury and the slow process back. 

Hopefully he’ll maybe be back training before the season’s out ready to be full go next pre-season. 

Which will be like having a new signing after over a year out. Just hope and pray it hasn’t effected his pace. 

@Long n Left As above, I’d personally be surprised to see Rhian this season outside the 23’s man. I know he’s talking optimistically and confidently but he’ll be coming off a year out and two big operations. Aside from his complete inexperience, and being nowhere near first team ready IMHO, the first test will be to see if the pace is still there with his peers. 

I think their aim is to have him hopefully developed enough by next summer to step into the squad as Bobby’s back-up. Why they’ve had zero interest in any strikers the transfer market with Sturridge’s new commitment and health giving them a years leeway. 

Might be wrong but I’ll be real surprised if either Brewster or Oxo-Chambo are involved with the first team on a match-day this season. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

3rd excellent, and free, audio documentary epic in TAW’s ‘Moment’s In Time’ series that’s a MUST listen for any Red. This one on the 2001 FA Cup daylight robbery ..... uhmm, sorry, victory over Arsenal. (Some excellent perspective and insight that might well appeal to Arsenal fans too from both Lee Dixon and Amy Lawrence. Who both wrote Henry’s book and did the recent ‘89 film, on how it still haunts Thierry to this day and drove him on to even greater heights.).

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2018/09/2001-fa-cup-final-liverpool-arsenal/

So many boss memeory’s from not only one of my favourite ever days the match, with one of the maddest celebrations ever in my favourite European ground. (Does Cardiff/ Wales count as ‘European?’ Meh, whatever it is it pisses all over the soulless mess that is Wembley.). But the single best week I’ve ever had as a football supporter as we not only wrapped up our second treble but returned to the CL to boot. It was literally travel, mad bevvy, match, mad celebration party, sleep. Travel, mad bevvy, match, mad celebration party, sleep. Travel, mad bevvy, match, mad celebration party, sleep. Sat’day to Sat’day. 3 different Countries. 3 finals. 2 for trophies. 1 for 3rd and the final CL spot. 2 trophies and 1 treble won. The memory’s and stories that came out of those 8 days will last a lifetime. 

2001 gets madly overlooked in our storied history for me. Absolutely superb time to be a Red with the best group of players we’ve had the last 20 years before the current crop. Heck of a lot to thank Houllier for. 

I’m babbling. But a great listen on the Michael Owen Cup Final.’

Hail.

• Thanks 1

To round out the International teadium, a really well written piece on how politics influences football supporters.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/09/sign-on-they-sing-keep-politics-out-of-football-they-say-how-football-banter-is-self-defeating/

Which goes a long way to explaining why I, like many others here, feel totally disenfranchised from the rest of the Country and why I have absolutely zero interest in forgetting everything to come together as one behind the National team.

Hail.

So happy the first International break is over and we can get back to ‘proper’ footy again. 

And what a jaw droppingly exciting run of games to come back to the 7 games before the next International break:

A. Tottenham.
H. PSG- CL
H. Southampton.
H. Chelsea- LC.
A. Chelsea.
A. Napoli- CL.
H. City.

The Southampton outlier aside, I honesty can’t remember the last time we had such a run of awesome fixtures against top sides back-to-back. 

Thats what you live for as a fan and why you do it.

Hail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So happy the first International break is over and we can get back to ‘proper’ footy again. 

And what a jaw droppingly exciting run of games to come back to the 7 games before the next International break:

A. Tottenham.
H. PSG- CL
H. Southampton.
H. Chelsea- LC.
A. Chelsea.
A. Napoli- CL.
H. City.

The Southampton outlier aside, I honesty can’t remember the last time we had such a run of awesome fixtures against top sides back-to-back. 

Thats what you live for as a fan and why you do it.

Hail.

Quite a run of fixtures that could well put a stamp on this season early. Take 8 or more points from the PL matches will keep them in good stead, 4 points from the CL matches will put them on the road to knockout qualification, and ridding the league cup of Chelsea, a bonus.

I will be interested to see how Klopp juggles the lineups through these fixtures. With Lallana nicked up, and the need for some attacking creativity in the mid, IMO, I’d love to see Shaq get some run as a 10. Could well see an XI against Chelsea the Cup match like:

Migs

Clyne-Matip-VVD or JMFG-Moreno

Fabs-Shaq-Jones

Origi-Studge-Mane

...and I’d be happy to see them wreck those rent boys.

• Like 1

@Long n Left

Unless my maths is wrong, we come out of this next stretch with 8 points we’ll at worst be level with City. 2 wins and 2 draws and not trailing the main challengers 8 games in. How F cool would tha be given our first 8 games compared to theirs?!!!!!

BTW, be sound with that the LC except for one thing ..... NO Mignolet in nets!!!!! He doubtless will play the useless P like but personally after all his ‘Me, me, ME!’ cry arsing to the media I would neither have him anywhere near a first XI nor trust him to still not have a cohb on and be uber professional.

I’d roll with Alisson right through but that’s just me. 

Hail. 

Ok. Start of rhis mouthwatering run of fixtures that makes you glad to be alive as a fan.

And with Cardiff at Chelsea, Leeds down at Millwall, and Utd at Watford this tea-time, I’m even more happy I hate the ****hole that is Wembley that much to have swerved this one. Potential for some serious ‘fun and games’ round Euston with that perfect storm. 

So reasuring of the great depth now that we can flip the captain for a top player like Naby to start this run.

Surprising bonus that Winks starts for the first time in months for them. Fully expected Lamela to come in for Ali.

Just about the only positove of the horrible Sat’day dinner kick-off is the chance to keep the pressure right on top of City before they play. Which I fully expect given our overall record against Tottenham. We owe these after last seasons exception to that norm results.

Into this cheating shower of ****e Redmen!

Hail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

**** decision by Oliver there. Bobby just running with him then gets smacked in the face. 

Oliver determined not to book anyone.

Need to see it again later but it looked a peno the end when Sadio took Son’s foot.

But after the two joke penaltys Anfield last year I have no sympathy,

Karmas a biatch MF’s!!!!!

Hail.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1