Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

11 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Oh God, destroying ManU and Barca to close out his career!

I'm pretty sure Messi would dance on his grave if nobody was watching so it's hard to believe there's any truth to this. I have to respect Mourinho's hustle at the end of the day. Make millions and be terrible at the most basic of your job requirements. 

Last year Barca won the Double running away and was within one game of an undefeated season domestically. Effectively, they had one match all season that mattered in which they lost (Unfortunately, that was the Roma 3-0 debacle).

Despite this, a large number of Barca fans want(ed) Valverde gone because he ran a 4-4-2 and it wasn't a pretty enough style.

If Mourinho was made manager they'd probably burn down the Camp Nou.

Barca is an actual club run by the members with voting rights. I can't imagine any Board doing that.

Collective off day when most every player was ****e. Lucky to get away with a 1-0. Just a bad day the office. It happens but no biggie as regards the group thankfully.

Finally back home from the absolute cesspit of inhumanity that is Naples. Why anyone ever wants to visit there is beyond me? (I know I’ve just returned but without the excuse of the match I never would.). Just as bad a moody, scruffy ****hole as it was 8 years ago. Italy’s such a brilliant Country (had a boss afternoon Bologna today) but Naples really is the arse hole of it. Thankfully escaped unscathed the match. Which wasn’t for the lack of trying from the usual P poor organisation the I-tie authorities. Dropping 500/600 lads off back down the Port the early hours with 6 ..... that’s SIX taxis waiting and bizzies not interested was just priceless. Got a bit hairy trying to get back the top end with the scooter boys straight on us but managed to jump in a cab an intersection who thankfully understood fully what was going on.

All after various random attacks, both the day before/ day the game on Reds and a few the busses laid on to supposedly give us safe passage back the centre. Never having any ID check to match my name the ticket. Walking in with a belt on and slummy my pocket. (All suposedly that wasn’t going to happen.) Couple of flairs lobbed across .....

Seriously, if they STILL can’t give adequate protection to visiiting supporters travelling to the ****hole then its WELL past time UEFA stepped in and banned them.

Boss turnout that was double and more what I was expecting given the number of lads who (naturally) **** out going. Though most would just be credit hunting selling out the 2,600 or so allocation but must have had a good 1,500 or so which was terrific.

Pity the lads the pitch never turmed up but **** happens. Onto City.

Up the goosed travelling Reds! 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Collective off day when most every player was ****e. Lucky to get away with a 1-0. Just a bad day the office. It happens but no biggie as regards the group thankfully.

Finally back home from the absolute cesspit of inhumanity that is Naples. Why anyone ever wants to visit there is beyond me? (I know I’ve just returned but without the excuse of the match I never would.). Just as bad a moody, scruffy ****hole as it was 8 years ago. Italy’s such a brilliant Country (had a boss afternoon Bologna today) but Naples really is the arse hole of it. Thankfully escaped unscathed the match. Which wasn’t for the lack of trying from the usual P poor organisation the I-tie authorities. Dropping 500/600 lads off back down the Port the early hours with 6 ..... that’s SIX taxis waiting and bizzies not interested was just priceless. Got a bit hairy trying to get back the top end with the scooter boys straight on us but managed to jump in a cab an intersection who thankfully understood fully what was going on.

All after various random attacks, both the day before/ day the game on Reds and a few the busses laid on to supposedly give us safe passage back the centre. Never having any ID check to match my name the ticket. Walking in with a belt on and slummy my pocket. (All suposedly that wasn’t going to happen.) Couple of flairs lobbed across .....

Seriously, if they STILL can’t give adequate protection to visiiting supporters travelling to the ****hole then its WELL past time UEFA stepped in and banned them.

Boss turnout that was double and more what I was expecting given the number of lads who (naturally) **** out going. Though most would just be credit hunting selling out the 2,600 or so allocation but must have had a good 1,500 or so which was terrific.

Pity the lads the pitch never turmed up but **** happens. Onto City.

Up the goosed travelling Reds! 

Hail.

Genuinely curious, do you draw a distinction between what happened to you in Naples and how Reds fans attacked the City bus last year?

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Genuinely curious, do you draw a distinction between what happened to you in Naples and how Reds fans attacked the City bus last year?

Talking of .....

Hahahahahahahaha.

Brilliant from Paddy Power to City not getting it and drawing continued attention to something nobody would bat an eyelid over for a league game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower/status/1048170264255766530

Hail. 

City. Just what the Doctor ordered after Napoli and ‘just one of them’ where most every player was completely off it and ****e.

Absolutely buzzing at the prospect of this one.

Top two sides the Country meeting at a bouncing Anfield for an early title decider. (Seriously, as mad as that is to say, THATS how much City have changed the landscape. These two games could well go a long way to deciding what happens come May as they barely drop any bloody points in many other games.). 

Does it get ANY better than this?

Provided City can stop making an embarrassing show of themselves over buses long enough to play footy, if it’s even half as good a game as last Sat’days at Chelsea it will be another instant classic. 

Liverpool having not lost at home in the league the last 24 games stretching back to April 2017. Haven’t so much as conceded a league goal at home in through the last 8 games.

City coming in off the back of 6 straight loses at Anfield. Not having won there in 15 years amd 17 games. 

Does that continue or does something give?

Even in a worst case and City win, we’d be a mere game behind them going into the second International break. Which given our first 8 games and theirs (6 of which have been against the 6 promoted sides the last 2 seasons), exceeds all expectations in itself. 

To go into that break off the back of a win, sat clear top and a game ahead of the Champions would be off the charts boss.

Fully anticipating City to come undone again against the one team they can’t deal with straight up and their woeful record at r’s to continue. 

But whatever happens, somethings gone BADLY wrong if its not an another outstandingly entertaining game of togger between the two sides who do that better than most anyone else in Europe when they’re fully ‘on it.’

And when Klopp and Guardiola meet, their teams are ON IT! 

Provided City get the ground in one piece (rolls eyes), roll on half 4! 

Up the Kopparberg Reds! 

Hail.

GuardIola defended his tactical decisions when he goes to Anfield because apparently getting your doors blown off is ok as long as it’s not boring.  He’s not completely wrong I do find myself thoroughly entertained when they get embarrassed and if his press conference is an indication of how they’ll play it’ll probably happen again today.

Edited by Berggy9598

The last two weeks we’ve been real privileged to witness, in differing ways, two superb games of football between the three top sides the league.

Chelsea was a technically awesome game of football played at a ridiculous pace that had absolutely everything.

And yesterday was an equally compelling tactical chess match between two grand masters of the highest order. Who’s two top sides worked ridiculously hard in nulifying each other to make sure they both went into the second International break unbeaten. Which was the clear biggest objective for both out of yeaterdays game.

To not only have to adapt and work so hard in a different style of performance off the ball to stop each other, but be equally as quick and adaptable in playing to beat that and just move out and up the field, was a credit to both sets of players and as fantastic in its own way as Chelsea was exhilarating. 

Just two top, TOP teams cancelling each other out and working ridiculius hard to do so. With nothing to chose between them. Top level footy at its finest.

Which I think is going completely unoticed by many different outlets/ fans. It wasn’t so much either attack was ‘blunt/ ____/ whatever. Or the midfields bereft of imagination and guile. There was just little to no room to play as both teams executed the tactical game plan to perfection to preserve their unbeaten status and respective title challenges.

It was a SERIOUS game of the highest level football. Which is what this Liverpool team is now. A SERIOUS one that can adapt to do whats necessary to seriously challenge for, and hopefully win, titles.

You then throw in the mental and physical exertion to come theough this ridiculous 7 game spell of massive games and you can’t praise them enough. To be unbeaten against Tottenham, Chelsea and City the league, along with only losing the last minute in Naples after everythjng that went into PSG is FAR exceeding expectations. And with better officiating, theres a good chance we’d still be in the league cup too after yet another mamouth game this spell.

This International break has arrived at just the right time as our lads are naturally goosed after that run of top, top fixtures. 

It’s also a massive compliment and sign of just where our standing is again that Pep, who doesn’t change for anyone, brought his 100 point City super squad to Anfield and did! The biggest compliment we could wish to recieve which was just hammered home by City being absolutely elated to take a point off us. 

To be sat level on points with them after 8 games, having played a way harder sxhedule and not hitting anywhere near our top form as of yet is beyond boss.

Yesterday was a SERIOUS game of big boy football.

And this gang of Reds are a SERIOUS football team who are in it all the way this season.

Relish them boys. We’ve not had a team this bloody good since heck knows when? With still a LOT more to come.

Up the City matching Reds!

Hail.

I hadn’t realised today marked three years of the mad German btard at L’pool.

So much that could be said on the ridiculous progress and continued evolution of the side from the shambolic carnage he walked into to the proper serious PL/ CL contenders we are so privileged to be entertained silly by now. Along with an unrecognisable football club from top to bottom he’s played his part in building. 

But after Guardiola paid the ultimate compliment to how much this side has evolved into one of the best in Europe in coming as close to a ‘Plan B’ as a man who NEVER changes his style is ever likely to get, along with all his gushing words of respectful praise about Kloppo’s L’pool; I don’t think anything more needs saying that could top that.

Here’s to the next three years.

If they’re even half as exhilarating as the first three we’re in for one HELL of a boss ride! 

Hail.

Was reading up on some of the new features on Football Manager 19 and this one has me salivating:

The first thing you’ll notice when using the tactics creator in FM19 is the addition of tactical styles which reflect some of the most famous tactical systems in football such as ‘Gegenpress’, ‘Tiki-taka’, ‘Catenaccio’ and many more. When you first click on the tactics screen, you’re presented with the full list of available styles with descriptions, as well as the option to create your own style or to ask your assistant to select a style for you. Once a style is selected, you’re shown an overview of the team instructions associated with that style and the formations that it works best with; you can then select a formation and complete the tactics set-up. You’ll notice that player roles have been pre-selected to suit the tactical style that you’ve chosen to use although, of course, you’re still able to tweak these – as well as the formation if you want to try to mesh a style with your own formation.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Absolutely love Sarri. His Napoli  side was an exhilarating, must watch as I’ve no doubt this one will be if hes afforded the time. And he comes across as a real Gentleman too. 

Top adition to the PL. Even if he is way too nice a bloke for them but I digress ..... 

What strikes me those clips as much as anything is just how bloody hard Chelsea had to work there to get out and just reach half way to be able to breath. The same way they made L’pool do the same when they were out if possession. And what L’pool and City did to counter-act one another Sunday. 

Two fascinatingly conpelling tactical battles of the very highest standard/ level of football we’ve been privilliged to witness the last two weekends. 

Serious, proper games of footy from the Country’s three top sides where the stakes are as high as they can get.

The genuine challenge for the title.

Hail. 

• Like 1