Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So Trent’s made the final 5 cut for this years ‘European Golden Boy’ award huh? 

Dead proud of yer mate. However the final voting goes. Good luck! 

Talking of proud, kudos to Big Virg for both his gesture before and his boss show of compassion to the referee after the other night:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-virgil-van-dijk-shows-15438594

Hail.

• Thanks 1

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/var-to-feature-in-this-seasons-champions-league-knockout-stages-hgfc9bf2x

So. VAR set to be fast-tracked into the knock-out stages of this years CL.

Great to see the end of the usless, stick waving bizzies behind the goal.

Judgement reserved on VAR. Hopefully UEFA have it down 100% accurate and at a proficient pace unlike the carnage of the English experiments.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Doping tests and real Madrid

Doping Irregularities Ramos, Ronaldo and the Controllers

Do anti-doping rules apply equally to all players and teams? After Real Madrid won the Champions League in 2017, Sergio Ramos was tested for a banned substance and caught the eye of inspectors. But the case never reached the light of day. Now, the team captain is entangled in a new affair............

Fifa and Uefa condemned for lack of drug testing in La Liga

:806: This is no news Spain has been well known for massive PED use and abuse. From football through cycling to long distance running etc.......

Spain caught up in an old history of doping and poisoning?

World Cup 2010 - Spaniards doped?

"The famous doctor Fuentes, who had made a scandal splashing cycling with doping cases, says he is in possession of information according to which the players of the Spanish team would have been doped during Euro 2008 and the World Cup 2010....."

To be fair I believe after decades of stupidity (Argentina 78 Sevilla 1982) we finally juiced our players like the others  during WC 1998

Edited by FrFan

‘Proper’ footballs back. YAY!!!!! 

And with it, absoluteiy boss to have a L’pool side again where you’re not worried about going to mid-table mediocrity. (Which is what Watford are. Would have said yard dogs but they are playing football this year.). And fully expect a result. 

Our superb 100% non-top 6 record to remain as the big Red title charge rolls through another town.

Up the Hornet swattng Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1066330671617069058

Welcome back skip! Solid basis right there with Gini for the magical front 4 ahead.

Clyne and not Moreno the bench for the first time the league since I think Palace? BONUS! Squad being used to it’s fullest as we enter the start of the crazy mad Holiday period.

Into this shower of ****e Redmen!

Hail.

• Like 1

Henderson, who’s now out the Derby, being a complete bellend aside, another great afternoon’s work and another massive 3 points. Thats aways at Leicester, Palace and now Watford passed with flying colours. Arguably the three hardest outside the top 6.

Mo continues to be Mo. Sublime free kick from Trent. And a new club defensive record for the fewest goals conceded through the first 13 League games of a season. Which considering we're 126 years old is stupendously brilliant. 

Up the 13 not out Reds! 

Hail.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

After that second half today I can’t wait for Wednesday.

Best half we’ve played since probably PSG ar home. With the front three all in synch and flying.

Absolutely superb performance. Still buzzing off it.

Thats what Champions do.

Hail.

Yes, very happy with the effort they put out yesterday, especially the second half, though Watford did drop all 11 into their defending third the entire first half, and just played to hit the counter. That, and Foster made a couple worldies, which he always seems to do against the Reds.

Trent looked amiss the first half, but that belter he hit (which I turned to my mate just before and said I was feeling a TAA belter into the top right) was world class. Looked as though Klopp pushed the press up much higher the second half, and Bobby had his best game of the season. That lil PowerCube keeps things moving in the attack also, what a signing he was.

MOTM for me had to be either Bobby or Mo, but I think I’d lean towards Degsy (the world’s best CB) as he stopped everything, with the exception of one slip on the turf, of which there were quite a few. Remember to pack longer studs next time they travel there.

Great performance, another clean sheet, and keeping right on Pep’s arse.

Up the mighty Reds!

• Thanks 1