Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329462-joe-gomez-new-contract-liverpool

The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez! 

Here for another 6-years at least.

TOWN! FOREVER!!!!!

On 12/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, skinsmarydu said:

This is my first post in this thread, I've watched maybe a total of an hour of soccer in my entire life...

But I'm watching this championship because my city is freaking out. 

LET'S GO UNITED! 

You freak out girl!

CAMPIONE ATLANTA UNITED! 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 2

Congrats to the Terps, who did it again. 1-0 winner over Akron for their 4th National Championship, their 3rd under the tutelage of Sasho Cirovski. Played the entire championship (5 games for them) without allowing a single goal! Awesome accomplishment.

Way to go lads!

Fear the Turtle!

(keep wondering why Cirovski doesn’t get considered for a bigger job.)🤔

4B57BF6F-EEB7-4893-92FD-F839B8713F31.jpeg

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has. He doesn't want it. He makes a million bucks (maybe) at UMD. He's got a job for life—compare that with the pay and tenure of MLS or National team coaches. No contest. He's got a good program going, access to best recruits nationally, but also a very fertile recruiting base near his school. He's smart. I will say, he probably should consider something like Coach K did for Duke and the Olympic National Team.

The ultimate flop:

'That's How I Found Out I Was Dead': Soccer Club Fakes Player's Demise (Poorly)

The tragic phone call came in Friday morning.

That's when Ballybrack FC, an amateur Dublin soccer team, told league officials that one of its players had been killed in a traffic accident on his way home from practice. Fernando LaFuente, sadly, had played his last game.

The reaction was swift. Ballybrack's opponents that Saturday agreed to call off their scheduled game out of respect for LaFuente, and teams across the Leinster Senior Football League observed somber moments of silence before they resumed play.

There was just one minor issue: Fernando LaFuente is very much alive.

"After my work finished I was playing some video games, and suddenly I got a call from work," LaFuente told RTÉ Radio One on Wednesday. His coworkers called Tuesday night to check in on him. They'd seen reports about his "accident."

"They started sending me all these news articles and all these mass media," he explained. "And that's how I found out I was dead."

As it turns out, Ballybrack officials had faked his death.

A Spanish national, LaFuente said he had played on the team since January. But he dropped out about two months ago, when he left Ireland's capital for work in Galway, on the other side of the country. It appears at least one team manager used his move as a convenient opportunity to wriggle out of playing Saturday's match.

Click on the link for the full article

Top team in the Country left with a must win game to progress in the CL.

At home. Under the European lights. 

This last game scenario couldn’t have been written ANY better! Not been this excited about a group game in I don’t know how long? There’s a lot to be said for having a meaningful last game with the arl place rocking like only she can as opposed to a ‘meh’ one you’ve already qualified in. A LOT to be said for it. I know which one I’d take if you offered me a choice of the two ..... The one I can’t WAIT for later in whats fixing to go down as another in the long list of great Anfield European nights we’ll be talking about for years to come.

It’s how we roll. 

It’s who we are.

Up the European Royalty Reds!

Hail.

• Thanks 1

Already bopping for what should be a show this evening. Want to go to the pub now and get settled, but I’d also be wrecked by kickoff.

I’m gonna have to do one of these Anfield European nights sometime soon. Bucket list!

I’d imagine an attacking side to be put out by The Normal One, as they may need to net three or more tonight. No problem! Hope to see Naby running at their back line, and hoping the switch has been flicked on for Mo and Bobby. Mane be Mane, and just run all over the lot!

LET’S GO YOU REDS!

Just saw that the U-19’s did Napoli 5-0. Yes, I’ll take something similar from the senior squad tonight please.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

****ing heart hasn’t stopped racing. European footy at Anfield my boys, none better.

Chances galore, probably should have netted 4 or 5, but it is what it is...and it is the Reds going through.

All the top clubs hoping to avoid Liverpool!

Onward and upward you mighty Reds!!!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Two things. 

If we don’t complain about those officials ..... outrageous.. Absolutely outrageous. Can’t remember a worsely officiated game than that. Had to beat the ****house Italian theatrics and the referee.

And man do we have a ****ing goalie! 12 clean sheets and counting. That was Schmeichel-esq. Either the other two clowns we’re in the Europa. 

Toughest group the first round negotiated. **** off back to Italy yer horrible ****bags yer! 

NOBODY will want these Reds Monday.

Europe. Its what we do!

Up the F Pool! Mighty Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1

Ok. So unless we’re EXCEPTIONALLY unlucky and pull Turin, we really can’t fail to have an absolutely boss trip next March from Mondays last 16 draw.

Could have really done with Utd winning in Valencia this evening to remove what would be a nightmare trip to Turin. (Pretty sure I’d just do the day-trip from a safety standpoint.). But they not surprisingly didn’t so if the Football Gods are reading, I’ll take this order please Monday morning:

Munich.
Porto.
Madrid.
Barcelona.
Dortmund.

Juventus.

On the pitch, I’ll happily take anyone.

One things for certain. Not one of those sides will want to pull this gang of superb Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Get on Hong Kong Phooey at Munich!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuzaShannon/status/1072968226965987329

Hail.

Can’t believe the replies saying that wasn’t a foul. Virgil’s tackle was deservedly given a yellow, as he got the ball cleanly, but left his studs up and got Mertens shin. No intent, so yellow for me. Any time you come in recklessly with your studs showing at someone’s head...straight red 10 times out of 10, nicking the ball or not.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Can’t believe the replies saying that wasn’t a foul. Virgil’s tackle was deservedly given a yellow, as he got the ball cleanly, but left his studs up and got Mertens shin. No intent, so yellow for me. Any time you come in recklessly with your studs showing at someone’s head...straight red 10 times out of 10, nicking the ball or not.

Defo.

Puts Sadio last year in perspective huh mate?

Hail.

• Thanks 1

Super. Trent out now. Looking like three games at least. But thats football. You find a solution. 

Next man up! 

I mean it’s not that big an issue/ change with Degsy at CH and either Milner or Fabinho RB.

Just stretches us real thin over Chrimbo.

No more injuries ta.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Mo takes home the African Player of the Year award for the second straight year.

Still blows my mind that anyone, let alone bellend L’pool ‘fans’, actually questioned him early season whilst they were all learning/ adjusting to his and Bobby’s new roles/ positions. What was it last Saturday? Fastest ever Liverpool player to 40 league goals. Already the top 10 of Liverpool PL goalscorers a season and a quarter in. 56 goals in 74 games with 35 in 38 at Anfield. The records just keep on tumbling and hes just getting better and better. Absolutely phenominal output.

Anyone who STILL doesn’t think he’s the natural successor to Messi and Ronaldo when he’s continuing to put up Messi/ Ronaldo-esq numbers whilst showing no signs of slowing down are deluding themselves. And Mo will just carey on making you look rather silly.

Bona fide World Class superstar.

Hail.