Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

18 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

I do appreciate Hojbjerg trying to angle for a transfer to the Reds by taking out Fernandinho.

Speaking of, was talking to another red recently about transfers from within the PL - I think after VVD we're a generation away from another Southampton player.  Not cause they won't have one worth taking - but because that one got so ugly after Lallana, Lovren and Mane.

I do think Le'ster have a player worth snatching.  Two if I'm honest in Maddison and Ndidi.  Not sure where Ndidi gets in, but I think we all like Maddison.

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sad way to end whats been an absolutely brilliant Liverpool 2018, one of the most enjoyable Calendar years I can remember, with the passing of Peter Thompson.

I have an Uncle that always claimed he was better than Cally, Stevie Heighway and Ray Kennedy. As an old school, out and out winger like. And Shankly always held him in the highest of high regard: https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1079717147390156800

He must have been some player.

Shanks has got his LW back for todays games.

God rest a genuine legend.

Hail.

Yeah, woke up and saw that tweet from Jimmy Pearce.  Obviously before my time but he was an important player at an important time.  Rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bar today’s incredibly sad news of the passing of a genuine, all-time club LEGEND, Peter Thompson, to close the year out; 2018 has been one of the most enjoyable and exhilarating I can remember in nearly 4 decades going the match.

The run to Kiev, and all the absolutely ridiculous fun and memories along the way, culminating in the best and most enjoyable fan experience of all the 5 European Cup Finals I’ve been privileged to watch this stupendous football club live in ..... Money just can’t buy that. That collective experience from everyone that was there that day in Shevchenko Park for one massive Scouse party like only wa can ..... Awesome memories that will live with everyone there forever. 

Through to the end of the year and the absolutely ridiculous progress we now have in action before our very eyes into not only the best ever Liverpool team through a season’s first 20 games, which is mind blowing enough given our storried history. But one of the three best sides statistically in English football HISTORY to this point in the season. Absolutely ridiculous what these lads are doing for us right now. 

That’s what other football fans just don’t get and whats a big part of what makes our fan culture so unique. We don’t have to be sat there at the end of the year with silverware to be happy or have had a brilliamt season. Lose the biggest game in football in Kiev? ‘F it! They’ve done us SO proud even getting here. Back on it and let’s party like only we can!’ ..... Ultimately finish second to a City team that historically tore it up last year? ‘F it! We’ll get them next year. These Reds have made another GIANT leap forward into one of the most feared sides acriss all if Europe so let’s get back on it and rock the summer!’ 

Maybe it’s a uniquely Scouse thing but we’re gonna’ have a good time and party egardless of any disappointment on the pitch. It’s just how we roll.

It’s as much about the journey getting there, and all the boss memories and moments (which is what being a football fan is ALL about when you boil it down), shared with yer mates having the time of yer lives as any final outcome in May. 

Footballs about fun and enjoyment. That release from the monotony of every day life to lose yourself in the pride of your team for that hour and a half or so. And this gang of special, special Reds, under this manager, have given us that by the bucket load this past year through which I can’t thank them enough for making you not be able to wait for the next match again. 

2018 has unquestionably been one of the funnest, most enjoyable 12 months I’ve EVER had following our shared passion. 

With 2019 fixing to top it all and be off the charts boss. 

What a time to be alive.

What a time to be a Liverpudlian.

Happy New Year one and all.

Is it Thursday night yet?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

Speaking of, was talking to another red recently about transfers from within the PL - I think after VVD we're a generation away from another Southampton player.  Not cause they won't have one worth taking - but because that one got so ugly after Lallana, Lovren and Mane.

I do think Le'ster have a player worth snatching.  Two if I'm honest in Maddison and Ndidi.  Not sure where Ndidi gets in, but I think we all like Maddison.

A Ndidi, Fabinho, Gini mid three would kill off any match.

I think a pacey playmaker to spell Mane on the left would be a good get in January.

Of course we would have to break the bank to get one.

Edited by SkinInsite
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

And the World Cup. 

Thank God the rest of the French and Croation squads took just as long to recover or someone would accuse you of taking a piss.

Maybe you should've given him extra time on the bench?

Lessons learned. 

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Maybe it’s a uniquely Scouse thing but we’re gonna’ have a good time and party egardless of any disappointment on the pitch. It’s just how we roll.

Thought of you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Thank God the rest of the French and Croation squads took just as long to recover or someone would accuse you of taking a piss.

Maybe you should've given him extra time on the bench?

Lessons learned. 

Thought of you.

Huh? I mean't he had a great world cup individually and obviously team wise. 

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Well worth the watch. Try to get your US VPN working 🙂

Ta la. On it. In the meantime, let me return the NBC favour .....

Seems no better way to end a fantastic year for Liverpool Football Club than with the man that’s the main catalyst for this wondrous path right back up the mountain we’re now on. 

The man that’s reconnected players and supporters like I’ve never known, since back to the great man who started our ridiculous modern day cycle off I wish I had, when he walked through the doors back in ‘59. 

The man that gets this great City and its uniquely different people like he was from here. 

The man who’s run with the above and given this special football club it’s identity back that had gotten lost somewhere along the way. 

The man who’s turned doubts and dreams into unwavering belief. And made it bloody fun to be a part of that with him. 

Jurgen Norbert Klopp. Proper Scouser!

‘Whats the best decision you’ve ever made as a football manager?’
’Signing for Liverpool.’ BOOM!!!!!

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

New Year, same old fraud Marco Silva has always been. 

Everywhere hes been.

Hail.

LDDLLWLL. On a blue roll!

Been hesitant to post, don’t want to touch the money like. Absolutely the December to remember, and I will truly start getting giddy if these mighty Reds get a result Thursday.

I’m thrilled for you @Gibbs Hog Heaven, and those that have grown up with this club, that you’re able to enjoy this exciting time. That Normal One, Klopp, is quite the treasure yeah? And, he’s the reason I’m so utterly confident going into every match. He has these lads full belief, and has instilled such a positive, familial vibe, it makes me proud to say “I am a Red!”

Hopefully 2019 is as fun and exciting as this past year has been. Silverware or no, I know that I will go to my maker wearing something Red.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DC9 said:

What do you boys make of the new LB rumors, the kid from Bristol Lloyd Kelly?

A possible Moreno replacement, so to speak?

Another youngster to stash and devolp.

in the mix with Adam Lewis to replace Alby’s role if he’s deemed ready.

59 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Been hesitant to post, don’t want to touch the money like. Absolutely the December to remember, and I will truly start getting giddy if these mighty Reds get a result Thursday.

I’m thrilled for you @Gibbs Hog Heaven, and those that have grown up with this club, that you’re able to enjoy this exciting time. That Normal One, Klopp, is quite the treasure yeah? And, he’s the reason I’m so utterly confident going into every match. He has these lads full belief, and has instilled such a positive, familial vibe, it makes me proud to say “I am a Red!”

Hopefully 2019 is as fun and exciting as this past year has been. Silverware or no, I know that I will go to my maker wearing something Red.

Thanks man. Kind words. Fixing to be a super special season for us all. 

If L’pool win Thursday, thats the league done for me. Seriously. 

These Reds aren’t dropping 4 games. This isn’t the frailties of previous L’pool title challengers under Ged, Rafa and Rodgers. We aren’t built that way.

For City, it’s as much a ‘must not lose’ as ‘must win.’ And you know we’ll be going there, as we go everywhere, playing for the win. They avoid defeat, it’s game on. They don’t .....

Title decider at the turn of the New Year. I firmly believe that.

Just garbage that we aren’t enjoying the NY in Manchester today as we should be and have to wait until Thursday! Bloody Sky!!!!!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

What do you boys make of the new LB rumors, the kid from Bristol Lloyd Kelly?

A possible Moreno replacement, so to speak?

Don’t know much about him, but everything I’ve seen and read last couple days sounds very promising. Best of all, he’s 6’3”. Another tree to defend set pieces, especially against teams like Burnley and Man U, who like to stack up their own trees.

I’m at the point now with Klopp and Edwards that, if they want him, that settles it for me. They’ve been money with their acquisitions to date.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not many things stun me anymore in football. Pulisic just has.

Bad career move IMHO at a pivitol stage but all the best to him.

Hail.

Yeah, going to a place notorious for not developing young talent, and with Loftus Cheek, and the other youngster, Odoi not getting time, it seems a move made of money (go figure). Don’t think Liverpool would pay that much for him. Add about €10M more, and could probably get Sancho, the younger, British lad that has put Pulisic on the bench at Dortmund.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Don’t know much about him, but everything I’ve seen and read last couple days sounds very promising. Best of all, he’s 6’3”. Another tree to defend set pieces, especially against teams like Burnley and Man U, who like to stack up their own trees.

I’m at the point now with Klopp and Edwards that, if they want him, that settles it for me. They’ve been money with their acquisitions to date.

Yeah, I'm betting he ends up as a CB.

I do that all of the time in FIFA - take speedy CBs who are over 6'1 and move them into the middle.  He looks to pair well with Ki Jana in the future.  Hopefully we can nab him.

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not many things stun me anymore in football. Pulisic just has.

Bad career move IMHO at a pivitol stage but all the best to him.

Hail.

For that price?  Chelsea just paid more for the American market than they did for the player.

If you want a promising American, I really think Weston McKinney is the best thing going at the moment followed by Tyler Adams.  And of course, Zac Steffan to City is already happening to my understanding.

Pulisic is a goal scorer, but he isn't going to be what folks think.  The two deeper lying midfielders have a chance.

23 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

‘Sake! Wythenshaws (not so) finest Anthony Taylor has the game Thursday! 

New Year. Same, continued disgrace.

F joke, Klopp needs to kick-off big time now. Enough’s enough. 

Hail. 

You know - we've never won with him as a ref.... but we've never lost either.  Not sure I don't take that at the moment, lol.

Still, no business having Manc refs involved in that stuff.

• Thanks 1