Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

Professional outing today.  Nothing more really needs to be said.  Never really threatened by them, probably could've been more creative, but didn't need to be.

So you didn't even know he was a left back and now we're supposed to believe that you have scooped everyone during the January window on where he's headed and why?

I'm not sorry... you're kind of full of it.

He’s played center back for Napoli and Senegal every time I’ve seen him play. He’s widely been talked about as one of the best CENTER BACKS in the world. All you have to do is google “Kalidou Koulibaly, center back” if the common knowledge that he plays center back isn’t enough for you. Also I hope you know what the word "speculation" means but you can google that too, and I never said anything about the January window. Done stooping to your level, hopefully the next person you try so hard to antagonize plays along. 

Edited by Berggy9598

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

He’s played center back for Napoli and Senegal every time I’ve seen him play. He’s widely been talked about as one of the best CENTER BACKS in the world. All you have to do is google “Kalidou Koulibaly, center back” if the common knowledge that he plays center back isn’t enough for you. Also I hope you know what the word "speculation" means but you can google that too, and I never said anything about the January window. Done stooping to your level, hopefully the next person you try so hard to antagonize plays along. 

You should know better in January, is all I'm saying.

Heck - We've sold Mane to Real Madrid a few times already.

He'll probably move to CB when he loses a step and he would play well there.  Even I have used him there since FIFA 14 myself lol.

You're playing along just fine.

How do you feel about today's match with Spurs?

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The amount of City fans narking at Mo being a ‘diver’ .....

Living rent free in their delusional, meff heads. 😁

Let that 7 point fume seep out of those Stockport hovels! 

LTOTL!

Hail.

That one wasn't even a debate.

You watching the bitters?  Pickford looks like he can't wait to have an absolute howler today.  Shakey already.

• Like 1

Definitely not feeling good about this one. Every one of our back four is a disaster waiting to happen and if Ole comes out playing wide open attacking football just to appease the fans it could get very ugly. This is not the game for the we're Man Utd we play attacking football idealistic mumbo jumbo. I vastly overrated Chelsea at the beginning of the season and the way they look right now it's not all that far fetched they'll drop a few more points before the end of the season. We need to play a more tactically responsible game today but I just have a bad feeling we'll get blitzed ala Pep God of Football on one of his trips to Anfield. 

Brilliant goal both the pass and the finish. Glad to be wrong about Ole's set up so far. Now that Tottenham have lost their box to box presence we should have our midfield a little deeper to cover their extra attacker. They will be even more vulnerable on the break now. 

De Gea is absolutely en fuego.  Have mercy.

Flashbacks to him keeping United out of the drop during the LVG days.

2 hours ago, techboy said:

I'm sorry, but I can't support someone named Ole Gunnar managing Man United. The League should step in and force him to manage Arsenal.

Going from Arsene Wenger to Ole Gunnar Solksar would be hilarity.

Just name your kid Tommy Gunn and he's got a chance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Going from Arsene Wenger to Ole Gunnar Solksar would be hilarity.

Just name your kid Tommy Gunn and he's got a chance.

See, you're getting what I'm saying... I thought having a guy named Arsene showed there was already some kind of rule.

In other name news, one of the VAR officials in the Barca match is named Barbero Sevilla.

I mean, really?

• Haha 1

Spurs got an extra two minutes there and nuffin.

I'll take Wolves getting any result tomorrow.  I'll be out snowboarding though so it'll be tough to follow it.

Kane limping and Son off to the Asia Cup.  That's that for Spurs.

• Like 1

Well the second half was exactly how I thought this game would unfold. Amateur hour organization and composure shown by United's back 4 but it's not like it was some sort of gross underachieving on their part as that's about what they're capable of bar perhaps Lindelof, who was the only one there that resembled a professional football player in the second half. In the first half they were composed and barely gave Spurs a sniff, but they completely wilted mentally as a unit in the second half. 

Pogba has everything in his tool box to see out games like this but he has to be more mature in these situation and just keep the ball instead of d***ing around with it. Overall no problem with the game he played at the end of the day and he worked his socks off. 

MOM is an obvious choice but Ander Herrera deserves some kind of mention as well. He's absolutely everywhere on the pitch and consistently raises his game on occasions like this. Pure joy to watch as a midfielder and should be club captain next season. 

Nice to get a win there but the way the United back four looked today despite the fact that United didn't just go huevos to the wall attack has made me temper my expectations even more. You can't play defense like that and expect your goalie to come up with a 9/10 performance every time. Teams at the highest level have to be able to soak up pressure and we have no ability to do that. Hopefully the rebuilding process with the back 4 starts in the summer if the goal really is to bridge the gap to Liverpool and the berties. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Subtle resemblance to the lead singer from Pop Evil now that I see him with a guitar. 

It's a bass.

Which is basically like saying a left back is a center back.

Come on... that one was funny!

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hendo with the maracas, ****ing classic!

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Well the second half was exactly how I thought this game would unfold. Amateur hour organization and composure shown by United's back 4 but it's not like it was some sort of gross underachieving on their part as that's about what they're capable of bar perhaps Lindelof, who was the only one there that resembled a professional football player in the second half. In the first half they were composed and barely gave Spurs a sniff, but they completely wilted mentally as a unit in the second half. 

Pogba has everything in his tool box to see out games like this but he has to be more mature in these situation and just keep the ball instead of d***ing around with it. Overall no problem with the game he played at the end of the day and he worked his socks off. 

MOM is an obvious choice but Ander Herrera deserves some kind of mention as well. He's absolutely everywhere on the pitch and consistently raises his game on occasions like this. Pure joy to watch as a midfielder and should be club captain next season. 

Nice to get a win there but the way the United back four looked today despite the fact that United didn't just go huevos to the wall attack has made me temper my expectations even more. You can't play defense like that and expect your goalie to come up with a 9/10 performance every time. Teams at the highest level have to be able to soak up pressure and we have no ability to do that. Hopefully the rebuilding process with the back 4 starts in the summer if the goal really is to bridge the gap to Liverpool and the berties. 

I’d say DeGea gave a 10/10 today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Hendo with the maracas, ****ing classic!

I’d say DeGea gave a 10/10 today.

Either way the plan should not be to rely on these performances on a regular basis. Tottenham unsurprisingly choked a bit too some of their chances just got fired straight at him like they didn't have the belief to go for a corner of the goal. While De Gea is superhuman, the fact that Phil Jones is allowed to play professional football makes me think those of us in this thread that played youth football may have given up on our careers too early. 

• Like 1

Must of us are fully clued up but a timely reminder, with prosecutions starting tomorrow, to NOT comment in any way, shape or form on any form of social media/ forums, on anything that might be in the news.

The very last thing the familys need after nigh on 30 years is anything prejudicing the court cases.

JFT96.

Hail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1