Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/01/strong-rise-in-revenue-sees-liverpool-climb-to-seventh-in-deloitte-football-money-league/

Following on from the club set to post the first post €100 million net profit in football history, this is more superb news that just attests to how superbly run LFC now is. 

With all credit going to the owners.

Owners who, outside of a small return on their minimal intrest loan for the main stand, haven’t taken ANY  money out of the club in the 8/9 years they’ve been our guardians. It makes a MASSIVE difference when your owners aren’t taking out big dividends from the club finances every year like their rivals. Instead using the clubs money to fully reinvest in the product. Naturaly, at such time as they do sell, THEN they’ll see a mamouth return. (The club is currently vaued at over $2 billion and counting.). But to press, the only increase to them from their initial inveatment and minimal interest loan, which will be repaid in full by 2020 with the Main Stand then fully self sufficient generating an extra £25 million per annum, is the club’s ‘paper’ value. And NOT in their back pockets. 

And I’m totally sound with them making a massive profit when they do eventually sell (which all things being equal won’t be for a LONG time yet) given the magnificent state they’ll be leaving the football club in. The best it’s arguably been in my entire lifetime. Seriously. 

We currenrly have the best playing squad we’ve had since Christ knows when? Certainly at any time the PL era. A vastly improved stadium. Inside and out. With the Anny Road end to follow late 2020/ early 2021 once the brand new, £50 million state of the art training complex at Kirkby is completed. Bringing the first team and academy together in one conplex for the first time in our history. All lead from the top with brilliamt, hands on managememt from Peter Moore, Michael Edwards et al. With the football side run by one of the Worlds very top managers along with a superb coaching team. One of the best Academy structures anywhere thats realy starting to bear fruit at all levels under the guidence of Alex Inhlethorpe and the ‘quality over quantity’ mantra he redifined the Academy with. 

All whilst being totally self-sufficient and just spending our own money. Which John Henry made clear from day one. ‘Self sufficiency and sustainability.’ 

From the initial angst as becoming self-sufficient tales time, along with their early mistakes;  the owners now FULLY merit our respect in running one of the best operations anwhere. 

We’re set up for long term sucess on and off the football pitch. 

Our cycle is coming around again. 

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s the issue with a caretaker manager, even one that has by all means done a brilliant job. He has to recognize when the side is coasting a lot quicker and put a stop to it. Doesn’t help that the back 4 is about as composed as a bunch of wound up chihuahuas. 

When people involved with pro sports at the highest levels are so often giant turds, and as much as United have played the role of Darth Vader over the years, Ole and Carrick are two genuinely good dudes. I'll obviously enjoy any success United have, but it's so great to see those two in particular at the helm. Having said that, this still looks like a very talented team (going forward) on an emotional high that has lasted an extraordinary amount of time. I don't think a lot of people understand what a cataclysmic indictment against Mourinho this very unlikely winning streak is, rather than a testament to the managerial and tactical prowess of those on the touchline. 

Drawing fouls is a legitimate skill IMO and Salah is one of the best I've ever seen at it. He's in a league with quite a few naive and clumsy defenders which should be where the complaints are directed as opposed to the player they're fouling. Any other league in the world if you contact a player in the box and he goes down, nobody will analyze if he could have stayed up or not. Why would he stay up when he can win a penalty? It took some time for our league to catch up with Spain and Germany in terms of modernity but some English pundits still want to cling to 1996.   

• Like 2

I am going to Liverpool-Tottenham March 31st, first time for me ever going to a premier league match, so I don't know squat about the game day experience -- GHH or anyone else have any tips to soak in the city in anyway around LFC on match day or before that aside from the actual match?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

NSFW!

https://mobile.twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1089848282891894784

That tart just completely sums up the absolute low life scum round Burmondsey. That’s not changed since the first time I had the displeasure the old Den back in ‘89. But when the football clubs too S scared to stand up to them what hope is there? 

Walking poster for Brexit.

Hail.

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Anyone actually seen him play?

Never so much as heard of him.

But give it until the end of the night and doubtless half the fanbase will be experts off 4 min. YouTube cut-ups proclaiming him awesome.

And they’ll be that one lad thats watched every game he’s played this season. 

Hail.

• Haha 1