Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Klopp is not one for the romance of the F.A Cup apparently as he gave the competition a giant middle finger. Had he mixed in 2/3 youth players with most of his regulars Liverpool should still advance even with a much tougher draw than the rest of the B6 had to deal with. Playing fringe senior squad players with your your up and coming youngsters is a usually a recipe for an FA Cup upset especially against relatively tough opposition. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to the F.A Cup as I grew up at a time when it meant something, but ultimately if Liverpool win the league their F.A Cup exit will be long forgotten. 

There’s not many managers/ clubs that do have much of any respect for the FA Cup today. We’ve just seen that in glorious technicolour again all around the Country all weekend. Even those that progressed. None of the pricks are arsed when they go out. 

What I’m arsed about is the F disgrace I’m still not home from cramped the back of a car with 4 other goosed, F off lads. From the manager on down yers all can go F yerselves tonight. NOT in this competition and its significance and importance to a club forever inextricably tied to it. 

And ANY Red ‘happy’ we’re out the Cup, for whatever F up reason they try justify it with, can go F themselves too. If you have to be told just how important the FA Cup is to this City, this football club, and Liverpudlians after all we’ve been through in the competition, then yers aren’t fit to be part of the family. Pleas F off to some no-mark club that deserves you!

Up the ‘F disgraceful, need a SERIOUS lesson on 96 reasons why you again BADLY insulted us all the Cup’ Reds.

Hail.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 9:24 PM, Berggy9598 said:

Steve Nash played soccer and is very knowledgeable they didn’t just pick s random ex NBA player. He knows the game better than most American ex pros I’ve heard do commentary. 

I disagree that he knows the game more... and if he does he doesn't know how to convey that.

Everything he brings up is very basic.  

16 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Klopp is not one for the romance of the F.A Cup apparently as he gave the competition a giant middle finger. Had he mixed in 2/3 youth players with most of his regulars Liverpool should still advance even with a much tougher draw than the rest of the B6 had to deal with. Playing fringe senior squad players with your your up and coming youngsters is a usually a recipe for an FA Cup upset especially against relatively tough opposition. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to the F.A Cup as I grew up at a time when it meant something, but ultimately if Liverpool win the league their F.A Cup exit will be long forgotten. 

I mean... someone's club in here just didn't participate at one point.

Why not roll back the stone that you're currently romancing? 

• Thanks 1

The only answer I see is to give the 4th CL spot to the Cup winners as an incentive.

The complete League wide disregard/ disrespect for the FA Cup now has reached the same levels as the League Cup. With a whole generation of football fans now conditioned to believe the domestic cups aren’t important, major trophies. 

What the FA Cup has become today is sad beyond belief. 

L’pool were far from the only team to flip their team this weekend. Even Wolves did it last night the same game! The bottom 3 the PL and the top 3 the Chanpionship all put out sides with no other aim than to get knocked out at the earliest opportunity. City made 9 changes. Tottenham a slew too. Which to some extent you can understand with the massive financial stakes both at the top of the PL and the bottom/ top of the Championship trying to get into the PL.

But then you’ve sides like Bournemouth, Leicester and Wolves. They aren’t in any fear of going down or challenging for league honours so why are they resting so many players?

It simply boils down to money and the rewards for winning the Cup not being anywhere near as attractive as a higher placed PL finish. Which is so increadibly sad and wrong where SO many sides would rather be knocked out of the FA Cuo at the earliest opportunity rather than have the thrill and excitement of a Cup run and possible glory. 

The FA have to take a huge slice of the blame in their premier tournamount now being denegrated by so many clubs to a second-rate one.

It started with thevUtd/ WC bid disgrace. Then the complete devaluing of the final by holding semi-finals at Wembley. Moving the final to a Sat’day evening for ‘prine-time’ TV. With most people now not arsed at all in having that disrupt their Saturday evening and going out over watching thr FA Cup final. 

Now this past weekend, the third round of the FA Cup, we had a grand total of SIX out of 32 ties played at 3 PM on Saturday. A day that always used to be the best and most exciting day in the football calendar. Now, it’s spread over 4 days with absolutely mad KO times to suit foreign TV. Which in turn has lead to fans revolting and leaving grounds half empty that would traditionally have been sold out on third round Saturday. It barely felt like we were involved in the excitement this weekend having to wait unil Monday night. With that and going out, I don’t feel a part of this seasons competition at all. 

The FA have sold the Cups soul and it starts with them.

They’re as much to blame as anyone for a competition that used to carry almost as much prestige as the league title, when the whole Country stopped for the final, WHOEVER was playing, being now viewed as a second-rate tournament very few clubs are interested in. 

The only way I can see the Cup being revived is to give the winners one of our 4 CL slots. Which is each individual Country’s prerogative as to how they distribute them.

Without that incentive, when a higher league placing can earn you more than a successful Cup run; I can only see things getting worse sadly and the Cup becoming even less significant as it is now (disgracefully) viewed today.

Hail.
Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I disagree that he knows the game more... and if he does he doesn't know how to convey that.

Everything he brings up is very basic.  

I mean... someone's club in here just didn't participate at one point.

Why not roll back the stone that you're currently romancing? 

Because I was stating my opinion on Liverpool's FA Cup exit. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other and the whole what about this and what about that grade school level nonsense that is gripping social media is boring and pointless. Why respond to my comment on one subject by bringing up another? Waste of energy if you ask me. I'm here to talk soccer not have p***ing contests.

28 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Because I was stating my opinion on Liverpool's FA Cup exit. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other and the whole what about this and what about that grade school level nonsense that is gripping social media is boring and pointless. Why respond to my comment on one subject by bringing up another? Waste of energy if you ask me. I'm here to talk soccer not have p***ing contests.

You're talking about disrespecting the competition.

What's more disrespectful than not showing up?

Get owned with grace while you're in my presence.  I know it's been a while but I promise I'm still just as good as ever.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:
The only answer I see is to give the 4th CL spot to the Cup winners as an incentive.

The complete League wide disregard/ disrespect for the FA Cup now has reached the same levels as the League Cup. With a whole generation of football fans now conditioned to believe the domestic cups aren’t important, major trophies. 

What the FA Cup has become today is sad beyond belief. 

That was talked about starting a couple of years back.  Will never happen for my money.  That also places more undue strain on league fixtures, so while it would be a more interesting watch, it could also back fire for the same reasons. 

And then you get into who goes if someone wins the league and the FA Cup, etc.

53 minutes ago, DC9 said:

You're talking about disrespecting the competition.

What's more disrespectful than not showing up?

Get owned with grace while you're in my presence.  I know it's been a while but I promise I'm still just as good as ever.

That was talked about starting a couple of years back.  Will never happen for my money.  That also places more undue strain on league fixtures, so while it would be a more interesting watch, it could also back fire for the same reasons. 

And then you get into who goes if someone wins the league and the FA Cup, etc.

Not sure exactly what it is you want me to say since I never said I agreed with Fergie's decision. I'm sorry? I promise never to bring up the F.A Cup again? I'm sorry something Fergie did 20 years ago made Klopp field a weakened side? Klopp loves the F.A Cup but remembered the year United didn't show up 20 years ago and felt he had no choice? Maybe I'm responsible for the strong winds blowing through Wolverhampton yesterday too. Please accept my sincerest apologies. 😂

Edited by Berggy9598

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Not sure exactly what it is you want me to say since I never said I agreed with Fergie's decision. I'm sorry? I promise never to bring up the F.A Cup again? I'm sorry something Fergie did 20 years ago made Klopp field a weakened side? Klopp loves the F.A Cup but remembered the year United didn't show up 20 years ago and felt he had no choice? Maybe I'm responsible for the strong winds blowing through Wolverhampton yesterday too. Please accept my sincerest apologies. 😂

You don't have to say anything.  Just reflect on your clubs past (and what appears to be partially your namesake's past) before you lob stones.

Especially with an heir of superiority.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

You don't have to say anything.  Just reflect on your clubs past (and what appears to be partially your namesake's past) before you lob stones.

Especially with an heir of superiority.

You decided to bring United up and what makes this so ridiculous is I hated the decision to pull out of the FA Cup at the time and still disagree with it. You might want to reflect on words like “vile club” and “inbred ******” before you pick at my posts.  Yeah I dropped a sarcastic comment they’re are common place in this thread and I think that’s great I enjoy that aspect of it, but if you can dish them out, which you guys have no problem doing, get ready to take some too. You also don’t have to waste your energy trying to intimidate me as your “presence” gets nothing but a chuckle out of me. If you want to talk soccer great you really know your stuff, but otherwise I’m too old for message board p***ing contests and I’ll post my opinion if I want to. 

Edited by Berggy9598

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

You decided to bring United up and what makes this so ridiculous is I hated the decision to pull out of the FA Cup at the time and still disagree with it. You might want to reflect on words like “vile club” and “inbred ******” before you pick at my posts.  Yeah I dropped a sarcastic comment they’re are common place in this thread and I think that’s great I enjoy that aspect of it, but if you can dish them out, which you guys have no problem doing, get ready to take some too. You also don’t have to waste your energy trying to intimidate me as your “presence” gets nothing but a chuckle out of me. If you want to talk soccer great you really know your stuff, but otherwise I’m too old for message board p***ing contests and I’ll post my opinion if I want to. 

Sound.

You posted that Liverpool and Klopp disrespected the competition.  

You're mad that I reminded you that United have the biggest disgrace the competition has ever seen.

Moving on.

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Won it running away I assume. I’d have put the center back from Napoli third over Aubamayeng. 

Koulibally?  I think he's a left back.  Even though he's the size of VVD.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Sound.

You posted that Liverpool and Klopp disrespected the competition.  

You're mad that I reminded you that United have the biggest disgrace the competition has ever seen.

Moving on.

Koulibally?  I think he's a left back.  Even though he's the size of VVD.

He's a center back in the same mold and someone will break the bank on him because of how VVD has transformed Liverpool's defense. Quite the gamble for whoever decides to pull the trigger but going back to Vidic, Terry, and more recently Kompany, those types of center backs will win you PL titles. They're not easy to come by which makes buying VVD such a master stroke while everyone else was blowing wads of cash on attackers.

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

Koulibally’s going nowhere.

He’s just extended and is real hapoy in Naples.

Yanno, as brilliant as van Dijk is, Alisson has been the single biggest difference to L’pool’s defensive record. Defending was never the issue inder Klopp. It was the divvys behind the defence. He’s improved the defensive side/ record season-on-season. We never did give many big chances up a game. Just the few we did invarably all went in down to the proper poor srandard of the clowns between the sticks.

Now, those few chances are invarably being kept out by one of the Worlds best. 

If van Dijk went down for a period I personally wouldn’t be too concerned at all with the strength of the rest of the group. Along with Fabinho improving game-by-game as he learns adding even more protection in front. 

Alisson goes down, EVERYTHING gies to ____ and we’re conpeteinb for NOTHING! 

Hail.

• Like 2

Well, I for one appreciated the scuffle on the last page or so. It seems like 90% of this thread is @Gibbs Hog Heaven posting sarcastic responses to arguments that haven't even been made here. It's like listening to half a conversation.

Or the homeless guy talking to himself on the street corner :silly:

Anyway, it was nice hearing both sides.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Koulibally’s going nowhere.

He’s just extended and is real hapoy in Naples.

Yanno, as brilliant as van Dijk is, Alisson has been the single biggest difference to L’pool’s defensive record. Defending was never the issue inder Klopp. It was the divvys behind the defence. He’s improved the defensive side/ record season-on-season. We never did give many big chances up a game. Just the few we did invarably all went in down to the proper poor srandard of the clowns between the sticks.

Now, those few chances are invarably being kept out by one of the Worlds best. 

If van Dijk went down for a period I personally wouldn’t be too concerned at all with the strength of the rest of the group. Along with Fabinho improving game-by-game as he learns adding even more protection in front. 

Alisson goes down, EVERYTHING gies to ____ and we’re conpeteinb for NOTHING! 

Hail.

There’s rumblings the whole mess vs Inter unsettled him and their owner is throwing prices out there rather than saying he’s not for sale. All speculation at the end of the day but it wouldn’t shock me if he ended up at Chelsea. 

Never realised van Dijk’s the first defender in nearly 6 years to win player of the month. Quite the duration.

Well that was just as Brighton wanted it. Dull. Nonetheless another well deserved and vital 3 points. Like Rafa’s Reds, as soon as these go one up you know 99% of the time the W’s in the bag and yiu can all but go home. And Messi-Mo the match winner, and best player on the park yet again.

Pressure heaped back on City.

Good Saturday. Now for an even more dull family meal to attend. But at least it comes with the bonus of winding blues up.

22 down. 7 clear. 16 to go. This is fun.

Up the ‘crisis? WHAT crisis?’ Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

Professional outing today.  Nothing more really needs to be said.  Never really threatened by them, probably could've been more creative, but didn't need to be.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:57 PM, Berggy9598 said:

There’s rumblings the whole mess vs Inter unsettled him and their owner is throwing prices out there rather than saying he’s not for sale. All speculation at the end of the day but it wouldn’t shock me if he ended up at Chelsea. 

So you didn't even know he was a left back and now we're supposed to believe that you have scooped everyone during the January window on where he's headed and why?

I'm not sorry... you're kind of full of it.