Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

23 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Never so much as heard of him.

But give it until the end of the night and doubtless half the fanbase will be experts off 4 min. YouTube cut-ups proclaiming him awesome.

And they’ll be that one lad thats watched every game he’s played this season. 

Hail.

Golden rule of English football fandom: If your team buys him, watch those YouTube clips he’s loaded with potential. Rival team buys him, anyone can look good on a YouTube clip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/01/analysing-mohamed-salahs-evolution-into-a-world-class-centre-forward/

All down to personal opinion I guess but I don’t know how anyone can argue Mo and Alisson aren’t our two most important players we couldn’t afford to go down?

Hail.

Yeah, and I’d put Virgil right there with them. Lose any of those three for an extended period of time, and we’re rightly ****ed.

9 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Yeah, and I’d put Virgil right there with them. Lose any of those three for an extended period of time, and we’re rightly ****ed.

See, as much as I love him and as WC as he is (WELL arguably the best CH on the planet), I wouldn’t be half as worried if van Dijk was out for a spell as I would be if Alisson went down back there. 

With the level JMG is playing at, alied to Fabinho getting better by the game, and the massive security blanket behind in Alisson, I think we could happily compensate. Not ideal. But we’d be OK. 

Lose Mo’s difference making ability, or worse, Alisson with Mignolet back in nets, and it all goes to ****.

Hail. 

Blackburn in 8th.  Three points off the playoffs and in form right now.  Could do with some defensive cover, but I don't know if it's going to happen.  Mowbray's been very shrewd with his signings but I just don't know how much more cash the club has.  My guess is not much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rafa! NEVER saw that one coming. Pressure of chasing getting to them again. 

That could well be pivotal with a chance to go 3 games clear again at a bouncing Anfield tomorrow. Perfect tonic to what will be another baltic night. 

Little bit of breathing space. Title well and truly in our own hands now.

Hail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Thank you Rafa! NEVER saw that one coming. 

Yeah, you and the NBCSports commentators who were giving three points to City before the match, and wondering how Liverpool would respond to them only being one point clear. 

Well, guys, guess what?

...Rafa happens!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We joke but he'll get a monster war chest this summer which probably include one of the best young midfielders in the world, another CB for north of at least 40 million, a couple of fullbacks and if they're smart a striker, and that striker won't be from the bargain bin either. Then we'll have to hear about how he invented modern football. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Yeah, you and the NBCSports commentators who were giving three points to City before the match, and wondering how Liverpool would respond to them only being one point clear. 

Well, guys, guess what?

...Rafa happens!

Can’t really argue with that mate. All things being equal there can’t be many that expected anything but that. 

LONG way to go even with tonights unexpected present. 

We’ve a great chance to go 3 games clear again tomorrow. But I won’t be getting too excited just yet. 4 games clear I’d start to well sway that way but 3, with 14 massive Cup Finals to go and a City side that had the single best top flight season in English football history last year ..... LONG way to go yet and they’ll doubtless be more surprising points dropped from both sides. And then there’s Europe about to start back up with both teams a VERY serious prospect to be in Madrid come June.

It just gives that little bit of breathing room and, a victory tomorrow notwithstanding, piles even more pressure on City to be all but perfect from here on out. As L’pool need to keep on trying to be.

Still well in our own hands. All you can ask for.

****s just gotten real!

Hail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Can’t really argue with that mate. All things being equal there can’t be many that expected anything but that. 

We’ve a great chance to go 3 games clear again tomorrow. But I won’t be getting too excited just yet. 4 games clear I’d start to well sway that way but 3, with 14 massive Cup Finals to go and a City side that had the single best top flight season in English football history last year ..... LONG way to go yet and they’ll doubtless be more surprising points dropped from both sides. And then there’s Europe about to start back up with both teams a VERY serious prospect to be in Madrid come June.

It just gives that little bit of breathing room and, a victory tomorrow notwithstanding, piles even more pressure on City to be all but perfect from here on out. As L’pool need to keep on trying to be.

****s just gotten real!

Hail.

Oh, I’m not counting any chickens yet. Told the wife, I’m not going to start getting really excited until we’ve got the lead on April 14. Like our chances the last 4.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

****s just gotten real!

Hail.

This is where defense wins titles. I'll always say United's 06-09 team was a little better than the treble winning team and that's because of Ferdinand and Vidic (yet to be replaced by anyone remotely close to their level just like Ronaldo) and Chelsea were at their best with John Terry in his prime. Liverpool haven't had someone on Van Dijk's level in a long time. If you had someone like him in 13/14 this would be 50 pages longer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

This is where defense wins titles. I'll always say United's 06-09 team was a little better than the treble winning team and that's because of Ferdinand and Vidic (yet to be replaced by anyone remotely close to their level just like Ronaldo) and Chelsea were at their best with John Terry in his prime. Liverpool haven't had someone on Van Dijk's level in a long time. If you had someone like him in 13/14 this would be 50 pages longer. 

Nah. We still had Mignolet. Had he been in nets this year, we’d have nottin like the leagues tightest defence. van Dijk’s been massive no doubt but Alissons been the mmajor difference maker from last year to this for me. 

And I’d argue we’ve now evolved into an age where scoring goals is far more important than conceding them if you want to win things.  Having a great defence helps, no question. But the progressive young managers pkay to win and score every single game now.

Why the like of Benitez and Mourinho, who refuse to adapt to a changing game, gave been left behind with their 2005 outlook on a 2019 vastly diffrrent game. 

Hail.

• Like 2