Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Honestly thought it was going to be Rafa who did in the high line on set pieces.  All respect to Peligrini, they were all dangerous and we were frankly lucky to escape with a point.  Far side lino was a joke the whole game.

Really need to just sack up a bit.

If we can maintain the lead through the month we get a real boost with our injured players coming back.  Also that Ox kid was just added to the Champions League roster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Irony of the seriously F up mind.

Evertonians today trying veinly to skit yers for ‘bottling’ the league .....

..... Then in the next breath saying they hope City beat them 5 tomorrow.

Never change boys. Never change. 🤣

Hail.

I will never forget how **** Tim Howard was in that game in 2014... I remember talking about it in here.

Look at this "effort" on all the goals:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Before the Ev inevitably lay down tonight for an easy City win, and the last 48 hours nonsense gets hyped up that little bit more, seems a pertinent time to add some realism to proceedings. 

Perception.

Since City beat L’pool the start of January, they’ve pulled back 1 point over 4 games.

Over the last 10 games- 

City have dropped 12 points. L’pool 7. 

City have lost to 3 teams outside of the top 6. L’pool have drawn with 2 of them.

Yet because of those draws coming the last 2, L’pool are, ‘apparently’, not coping with the pressure and are no longer the bookies favourites. With reactionary bellends, AKA on-line L’pool ‘fans’, all over social media madly losing their collective ****. Whilst opposition fans are taking the P out of the side who are in the position they all crave to be in.

Perception is a funny thing.

Hail.

• Like 2

https://amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rhian-brewster-determined-to-repay-faith-of-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-37787725.html?__twitter_impression=true

Belter kid him yanno’. 

Perceived wisdom appears to be we’ll make one big splash on a CF the summer. (Werner etc.). But I’m not so sure myself given how high they are on Rhian to back-up Mo/ Bobby. Along with Wilson and his ridiculous output looking like it will be added to the attacking mix.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Apologies in advance for linking the Daily Third Reich:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6671277/Premier-League-clubs-30-away-day-price-cap-seeing-increase-number-fans.html

Great news.

The Sunderland walk-out was one of the hardest/ weirdest things to do but stands among my proudest days at the match for what it helped bring around for everybody. To organise and mobilise such action in a few days just shows what can be achieved if you stick together.

Would have been nice for them to drop away tickets even further, but as I never expected the clubs to be so readily compliant to extend as is we should be happy right now for another significant victory for supporters.

Hail,

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Did I mention Monday how you couldn’t pay me to go there again?

Like Millwall, some clubs will NEVER change!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/west-ham-launch-investigation-over-15789145

Hail.

Saw that he was particularly bothered after the game.  That's a fan base and a club that just never get out of their own way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DC9 said:

Got an oddly good feeling this weekend is going to be cracking.

Lads could do with a good thumping of someone, and Bournemouth likes to play open footie...so. I’m happy to see Gini, Trent, and Hendo back training, just hope Degsy can get fit soon. I’m to the point that I cringe just a little whenever I see Matip’s name on the sheet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mad windy day still which doesn’t bode well for a game of togger. 

Still, fully expect these record setting Reds to heap even more pressure on the chasing City before their biggie tomorrow.

Hopefully we don’t get a repeat of the anxious, nervy nature of the crowd we’ve had the last 2. Understanable after nigh on a 30 year wait but far from needed. This is the best L’pool side anyones ever seen to this point in a season. And one of the best in English top flight history period. We want them to keep playing their part, as they have so magnificently all season, we need to keep playing ours and help them home when they need us the most.

Relish them and enjoy it. For we may never see a L’pool side this consistently brilliant again. 

Up the ‘Shouting our Souls onto the Pitch’ Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Tony Martial smoother than a freshly baked crossaint. 

Advertised as flaky at their best aren't they?

21 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Lads could do with a good thumping of someone, and Bournemouth likes to play open footie...so. I’m happy to see Gini, Trent, and Hendo back training, just hope Degsy can get fit soon. I’m to the point that I cringe just a little whenever I see Matip’s name on the sheet.

Would love Joey back for United.  Not sure we'll see it.  But the advantage of having an actual fullback playing fullback should do just fine for 3/4ths of the backline.

Really good performance today and an even better atmosphere.  Need to hold serve til Joey and Ox get back and then we're cooking.

Also, that looked a little something like a proper creative number 8 today.  Two world class goal moves there.

• Like 1

So this is what it feels like to be ‘bottling’ the league hey? (I’d still like someone to explain to me exactly how the consistently best side in the Country, who have not only just lost the ONE game all year, but who have dropped a ridiculous mere ELEVEN points all season can remotely be construed as ‘bottlers’ but yer know?).

After a week of listening and reading utter nonsense, L’pool bounced a sensational performance today thay could have been 8 or 9. A performance from the off that was every bit as irresistibly good as anything from last season with the whole team clicking and in synch from the off. A performance of L’pool showing just what they are. The best side in this Country. And a performance at just the right time to warm-up for taling Bayern and Utd to the cleaners after this break.

In a game that had two stupendous goals (as if Gini’s finish wasn’t WC enough, the quality, awareness and finish of the third on the break was something else), you coild pick a MOTM from 5 or 6 lads. But a special shout-out to 2-

Gini Wijnaldum- Aside from his WC goal, he just showed yet again how integral he is to this team in knitting everything together. Such an intelligent player who always does the right thing at the right time. Simply and with no fuss but in that aesthetically elegant Dutch style. Said it many times before on these here pages when people ask just what he does but he is the modern day Ronnie Whelan. You don’t fully appreciate just what he does  for the team and how hes one of the main cogs until he’s not out there like Monday night.

And Naby Keita has arrived! I mean he’s teased us with great showings like the first couple of games and Burnley. He’s had two really good second halfs the last two games where he was some atrocious refereeing and an equaly bad Origi miss away from being involved in the winner both nights. Interspurced with a lot of ‘meh’ mediocre games that have leftyou scratching your head after what he was in Germany. Not today. Today he was sensational. From his vision and technique, facing his man up and destroying him through the weight of pass time and again setting us going (that ball to Bobby leading to the third ..... Jaw dropping), he really showed the ridiculous, game changing talent he is at home for the first time. And when you couple it with his brilliant defensive work all day you see why he was SO coveted all across Europe. Unique two way talent thats gonna’ be an absolute star in this league who’s starting to show it the more he settle and the more comfortable he gets.

14 clean-sheets for Alisson the league too now BTW. 

And finally a MASSIVE pat on the back to myself and everyone else the crowd for heeding the WELL justified self-criticism of the last two nervy, pathetic displays of ‘support’ and turning up in outstanding fashion today. We were superb from start to finish and teally set the tone for the players before the first whistle blew. No nerves. No panic. Just playing our part enjoying watching the best team in England doing their thing again.

12 more. If they can hit their stride like today at this stage once more, good luck with the ‘bottling’ garbage.

Bring on Bayern and Utd! 

Up the Top the League Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2