Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/02/21/kovac-praises-his-players-for-faking-injury-v-liverpool-really/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

MAJOR loss of respect for Kovac there.

We all know why it happens. I actually don’t mind it. As frustrating as it is. Rightly or wrongly, it always has been an ‘acceptable’ part of European competition. And it will happen more and more in Europe to ourselves now L’pool have returned to being one of Europes top sides that everyone fears playing. Top sides like Munich will use every trick they can to make sure they don’t get blitzed and the ties still alive for the second leg.

Sound with all that and I take it as a compliment and sign of fear/ respect to our status again across the Continent.

But don’t come out and openly brag about what is overt cheating when you boil it down. That’s bang out of order and taking things too far.

Hail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/02/21/kovac-praises-his-players-for-faking-injury-v-liverpool-really/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

We all know why it happens. I actually don’t mind it. As frustrating as it is. Rightly or wrongly, it always has been an ‘acceptable’ part of European competition. And it will happen more and more in Europe to ourselves now L’pool have returned to being one of Europes top sides that everyone fears playing. Top sides like Munich will use every trick they can to make sure they don’t get blitzed and the ties still alive for the second leg.

Sound with all that and I take it as a compliment and sign of fear/ respect to our status again across the Continent.

But don’t come out and openly brag about what is overt cheating when you boil it down. That’s bang out of order and taking things too far.

Hail.

Weird... I thought they were the model of how football should be played.  

They looked like Burnely at home.

Lucky Sadio couldn't finish a steak and that Matip was in there instead of Virgil.  I honestly would've been happy with 1-0 to Bayern given the squad depth at the moment., actually thrilled with 0-0.  I must be the only one, though.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:33 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Can’t see us paying van Dijk money for de Ligt. 

Hail.

Honestly if I'm Edwards I'm having a real look at Nathan Ake if Bournemouth are willing to play ball.

I'm hoping that's why the Clyne loan went their way.

I honestly think that Eddie Howe ends up at Spurs after Potch leaves anyway.  Might do them well to get some money in the mean time.

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

Weird... I thought they were the model of how football should be played.  

They looked like Burnely at home.

Lucky Sadio couldn't finish a steak and that Matip was in there instead of Virgil.  I honestly would've been happy with 1-0 to Bayern given the squad depth at the moment., actually thrilled with 0-0.  I must be the only one, though.

Honestly if I'm Edwards I'm having a real look at Nathan Ake if Bournemouth are willing to play ball.

I'm hoping that's why the Clyne loan went their way.

I honestly think that Eddie Howe ends up at Spurs after Potch leaves anyway.  Might do them well to get some money in the mean time.

Nah with the aging Bayern squad and injures everywhere I was happy with that result.  I’m hoping we might get a player or two back.  I honestly thought we’d get wrecked with literally our bench basically being the weakest I’ve seen all year. 

Kovac is idiot for his comment then then again he doesn’t say many smart things which is why he isn’t going over well with the Bayern faithful.  I still think he’s on a tight leash. 

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

Standard practice in European knockout away match? Hell PSG did it and they would have benefited from more time on the clock. 

Don’t normally bother with line-up’s, but personally, as well as Naby’s now playing, I’d have him amomg my armoury on the bench this avvy. I’d flip van Dijk to RCH, which would mean Fabinho LCH, as Matip can’t play there. Most all Utd’s attacking comes down the left. And Solksjaer’s probably naive enough to take us on straight up and go all out attack. So as we know Mo offers little defensively, big Virg would give Trent added help. Henderson back in our 6, then 2 8’s behind the front 3 in Gini and Milner. With Bobby dropping in as a 10/ going wide and Mo flitting up front/ wide as our usual interchanging allows. Although I’d maybe atart Mo centrally to run their questionable CH’s all over

Subs may well be vital so I’d want as many game changers on the bench as possible. Hence why I wouldn’t start Naby or big Shaq. When Utd’s legs go the last half hour they’re rhe last two you want to see running at you.

But that’s just what ‘I’d’ do.

In reality, I only see one change from Tuesday and that’s big Virg in for whichever midfielder. I’d guess Keita or Henderson.

As always with Utd, I’d be made up with a point and anything else would be a pleasant bonus. Not because they’re better than us. They’re nothing like that and all things being equal we should win comfortably. But it’s Utd. And they’ve held the Indian sign, and all the luck that comes with it, over us for longer than anyone cares to remember.

Just don’t lose. ALL that matters to leave the league in our own hands.

Up the Top the League Reds! 

Hail.

Lord help us that actually Is United’s best back 4 when everyone is healthy.  Don’t have a great feeling about this one. Hard to imagine us not conceding but without Martial and Lingard it’s hard to see the best defense in the league being threatened. It will probably take some kind of individual brilliance by someone other than De Gea. Oh well, here’s to a good entertaining match. 

God the fume around social media ..... 

Lads, we started today second with Utd in the CL places. We finished it top the league with Utd in the Europe League places.

Had worse Sundays. 

Point and clean sheet from Utd (one of our biggest bogey grounds for years) do us sound. Can’t ask for much more than the title in our own hands with 11 to go. Witn only 2 of those against top 6 sides, both at home, to boot. A lot of people have forgotten just what it takes during a run-in to the title. All about holding your nerve. Performances matter little at this stage. Points do. And now, with this avvys point, we match City, there’s NOTTIN they can do to stop us.

’LIB’POOL, TOP THE LEAGUE, LIB’POOL, LIB’POOL TOP THE LEAGUE!’

Hail.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That’s Sari done then. No control there at all over the ****houses.

Real feel for him.

Hail.

Players empowered by the owner to go disrespect the head mans authority. Sounds like an NFL franchise that shall remain nameless 

• Haha 1