Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I didn't realize that defenders could just leave their arms out of their bodies to deflect shots or crosses into the box.... don't all defenders know to keep their arms in their body so it doesn't look like you are just leaving it out there?  I'm also thinking the Sergio Ramos PK vs. Russian in the World Cup... "Let me just randomly stretch my arm out...". 

I also didn't realize that VAR was playing striker for PSG... Lukakau vs. Mbappe... veteran composure (T. Silva was even trying to slide tackle Lukakau on Goal 1 and he withstood it like a statue) versus Mbappe who had multiple good scoring chances that he couldn't convert.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I don't know why but TNT only shows some matches in on-demand? 

Bleacher Report Live carries all the matches on demand... 2.99 a match, 9.99 a month. I'd imagine either Turner has a piece of that action, or they paid for the rights or whatever.

12 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I didn't realize that defenders could just leave their arms out of their bodies to deflect shots or crosses into the box.... don't all defenders know to keep their arms in their body so it doesn't look like you are just leaving it out there?  I'm also thinking the Sergio Ramos PK vs. Russian in the World Cup... "Let me just randomly stretch my arm out...". 

I also didn't realize that VAR was playing striker for PSG... Lukakau vs. Mbappe... veteran composure (T. Silva was even trying to slide tackle Lukakau on Goal 1 and he withstood it like a statue) versus Mbappe who had multiple good scoring chances that he couldn't convert.... 

100% stone cold penalty but tbh salt makes it taste better so let them complain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

100% stone cold penalty but tbh salt makes it taste better so let them complain. 

When top officials. can’t agree there’s no ‘100%’ in it. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11657585/man-utds-champions-league-var-penalty-would-never-stand-in-england-says-dermot-gallagher

Hail.

14 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I can’t say I’m looking forward to next week. No Robben, No Coman, No Kimmich. Can’t see how we honestly win.

Actually attacking the first leg and going for an away goal against a make-shift central defence of midfielder and 3/4th choice CH instead of settling on 60 and blatantly time waisting it out might have been an idea.

Massive oportunity missed there from Munich.

18 hours ago, DC9 said:

Yesterday should've scared every football fan...

That is nothing short of a felony, VAR... 

It’ll kill the game from the match-going fans standpoint. 

Technology should go no further than the goal-line. This isn’t stop-start American sports that allow for lengthy stoppage reviews.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

I dunno...were the shoe on the other foot, I reckon you may have thrown a chair through the Telly.

Boom!

That is why I said "All football fans," meaning that eventually this is going to happen to your club.

So have some tequila ready for all of that salt...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I dunno...were the shoe on the other foot, I reckon you may have thrown a chair through the Telly.

Bad decisions are accepted as part of the game, so 50/50 decisions should be taken in stride too. Next time it’ll be Liverpool getting the favorable whistle, then next game itll go against them and so on and so forth. I didn’t say a word when a player that should have been sent off scored the opening goal in the first leg. That’s football for better or for worse. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

By 100% penalty I meant the penalty was given, so it’s by definition a 100% penalty. In all seriousness though it could have gone either way. It did look like he had been watching my 30+ Sunday league to learn how to block shots which is ultimately what made the VAR take a second look. 

11 Months, 1 Week and 3 days after the horrific ACL that tore every knee ligamemt, he’s back! 

66935021-AFCB-4A73-AF73-38B84264A67C.png.30b4e4514c79c7d5118957f20ee9a71a.png

Just got through watching this afternoon’s 23’s game. (Darn work!).

Very impressive 40 minute return all things comsidered by Oxo-Chambo.

Nice touches. 
Good passing range/ crisp, long and short with good touch. 
Didn’t shirk any challenges. 
Closed down well. 
And the most important thing- moved real well in all directions.

He naturally looked well short of fitness the longer it went. And there’s still a LONG way to go of course. But today was a HUGE step forward to that end.

Like he’d never been away in mamy aspects.

Just a shame there’s no 23’s games now for another month. But doubtless they’ll sort some behind closed doors friendlies to bridge the gap he can play in.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

The FIFA rule book (Laws of the Game 2014/2015) defines it as:

“Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:

the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement

• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement

• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement”

• Thanks 1

MaFifa will always find a way to fix games. Law 12 has been writen purposedly to allow the ref to make his own opinion about what is a deliberate act and movement of the hand towards the ball. In this case VAR is useless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll take it a step further. The ref from the first leg was instructed to allow Kimpembe to commit more than two yellow card fouls and remain on the pitch so he could accidentally handle the ball three weeks later and give United a penalty instead of being suspended. Rumors are they got a hold of the Delorean but I think they have Cate Blanchett's little future telling pool from the first Lord of the Rings movie. 

On 3/8/2019 at 3:34 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Actually attacking the first leg and going for an away goal against a make-shift central defence of midfielder and 3/4th choice CH instead of settling on 60 and blatantly time waisting it out might have been an idea.

Technology should go no further than the goal-line. This isn’t stop-start American sports that allow for lengthy stoppage reviews.

Hail.

With the injures in the back and such we couldn’t go crazy in Anfield.  Not with Pool’s ability to counter.  I get that.  Best we could have done was sit on the counter.  I mean crazy things have happened in Munich but with the injures I can’t see it unless some players really step up. 

Michel Platini, believes that the referee Damir Skomina should never have awarded the penalty to the Red Devils.

"During my years at the International Board, I've always tried to defend the game and protect the players, and what happened on Wednesday just confirmed my story, which is that the Parisian player ( Kimpembe) turns around and the ball hits him arm involuntarily, the referee did what he had to do by awarding a corner kick, and then people told him he needed to take a closer look. Awarding a PK after any contact of the hand (in the box), is against the spirit of football, against the game. And this may lead to situations where, instead of focusing on crossing the ball forward or their kick, the players will first target the hand of the defender, "said the former French player for the Journal du Dimanche.

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 3:34 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

With the injures in the back and such we couldn’t go crazy in Anfield.  Not with Pool’s ability to counter.  I get that.  Best we could have done was sit on the counter.  I mean crazy things have happened in Munich but with the injures I can’t see it unless some players really step up. 

Shocking scenes in the championship as a fan ran onto the pitch and clocked a Alston villa player 

Belting win and performance. In absolutely horrid conditions. I tip my hat to all 22 players for getting the ball down and playing in the mad wind. You can forgive them all any over hit balls/ crosses when the seirling winds taking the ball like that and throwin it around in all directions. 

Burnley their usual ale house, yard dog selves. Kicking F out of anything that moved. Just what Salah had to do to get a free kick is beyomd me? Talking of, Mo was superb again today without the goals. He won’t get credited with an assist, but the first and third goals are soley down to his brilliance and alertness. As was the 2nd on Lallana’s alert closing down. My MOTM. Superb all round game and ridiculous work ethic for someone thats been out so long. Utterly mad the amount of bed wetting narking going on before the game when he was on the line-up. Last year folk moaned we never had depth. When we do, and use it, they STILL moan! 

Absolute disgrace to allow Burnley’s opener. Alisson gets pinned down by two/ three of them. Mariner had a nightmare game. 

36 games unbeaten and counting now at fortress Anfield. 3rd longest home run in PL history. Just another ridiculous notch to what this fantastic gamg of Reds have done the over the last few years and continue to do.

Point behind with 8 to go. With the opportunity to put City back into 2nd this time next Sunday. 

14 more Cup Finals. Bring on Munich!

Up the bottling Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2