Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

15 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

UEFA are all about the fans right?

The absokute disgrace from Porto charging us €80 is bad enough rhe quarters. 

This from Barcelona is beyond a disgrace:  https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1108463392661086208

F knows what they’d ask for the semi?!!!!! Thats a defo boycott waiting to happen if we get through and face Barcelona.

Dishraceful how UEFA continues to allow this to happen. 

Hail. 

Apparently Barca overcharges it’s own fans so par for the course. I’ve read comments from season ticket holders that it’s because they get so many tourists. 

20 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Apparently Barca overcharges it’s own fans so par for the course. I’ve read comments from season ticket holders that it’s because they get so many tourists. 

Its an absolute disgrace is what it is. But sadly no surprise. 

That continues from these clubs because UEFA are a bunch of C! 

Its a loophole they continue to allow these clubs to get away with. You can price away tickets as high as the top price for home supporters. But as most of these clubs are members only, the ‘official’ top price for their own will be that, then they drastically reduce it to the members. But skank the travelling fan. Profiteering at its most blatent. 

Had it in Porto the knockouts last year and both ourselves and Utd had a mighty hike in Seville.

If I’m a Utd fan, I’d be boycotting Barcelona..Lads won’t be losing any credits as its a mad open ballot they do anyway on aways. I would be hard pressed to pay the €80 Porto even if I was out there but we have the issue of those Eurooean credits being used the semi/ final so many would be forced to credit hunt regardless. 

But F paying €120. Even subsidised down. Thats beyond the tipping point and an utter disgrace.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

22 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Safe to say Kloppo is probably my favorite manager in EPL and his interview with MIB and Rog was very enlightening. He offered a lot of good advice and life lessons like how second place wasn't that bad and how we stress too much importance on sports. 

Ta for posting that.

Very enjoyable listen.

Hail.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ta for posting that.

Very enjoyable listen.

Hail.

Klopp has always been very religious so to hear him talk about "what did you do all your life" at the gates of heaven was very interesting discussion. I have always been a very big fan of Klopp since his days at Dortmund

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Klopp has always been very religious so to hear him talk about "what did you do all your life" at the gates of heaven was very interesting discussion. I have always been a very big fan of Klopp since his days at Dortmund

Specially unique person who fits this specially unique City like a glove. 

I was too young and really missed out on Shanks but in nigh on 40 years going the match I’ve never experienced a connection between players and supporters like we’ve had the last three and a half years. And that bond starts and ends with the crazy mad German and the culture hes worked so hard to implement here. 

He totally gets this brilliant City and what makes Scousers tick. The unique culture of what makes being from here so different and special. 

He totally gets it ALL!

LONG may this wonderful adventure we all share together with him continue.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Eden Hazard asked about players he looks upto in World football and he listed 4-

Luca Modric. World Footballer of the Year.
Christiano Ronaldo. Who’s quite good haha.
Lionel Messi. Who’s a FIFA glich masquarading as a real footballer. 
And some Egyptian fella .... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1108428272415723520

Is rite Eden lad. We forget at times, as we watch him every week, just how good and what a World superstar Mo is.

Hail.

• Like 1

This lad .....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/trent-alexander-arnold-plans-pump-16008676

20-years-old. Signs a new boot deal. Uses the money to buy land and invest in his City’s youth. A kid of 20!

Not only a top class football player but a top class person who’s quietly done a lot of similar, unpublicised things with his tireless charity and community work. Super credit to his fanily and someone that makes you glow with immense pride to come off the same streets as you.

’..... The Scouser in our Team .....’

Hail.

• Like 2

Apparently Henderson was boss again for England last night.

Still trying to work out why, as the internet narrative goes, such a mediocre footballer, who (apparently) offers absolutely nothing and wants binning,; is one of the most integral players for Southgate when he has a whole Nation to select from? 

Guess he’s just another very misguided (polite me) manager like Kenny and Rodgers. Or, hows the sicial media narrative go, clueless and stubborn like the mad German

btard?

Hail.

England related- 

‘The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!’

https://talksport.com/football/516041/liverpool-sami-hyypia-joe-gomez/

Is rite Sammy lad. Mad to me the amount of people clamouring for de Ligt when we have one of Europes top young CH’s already set for a long partnership with big Virg.

Short memories.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/i-had-no-calves-at-all-liverpool-wonderkid-brewster-back-on/2okf6jsis2q10cluyo4uvb0v

Yanno, when you look at Sancho and Hudson-Odoi’s massive progress whilst Rhians been out, it leaves you drooling at the prospects in him.

Lets not forget he was the one who was the front and centre super star the World Cup triumph.

Hail.

• Like 1

Very entertaining, competitive watch that. All the playera fitness surprised me all things considered. Full credit to all concerned. Some belter goals. Gerrard and Pirlo look like thay still could be playing now.

Great crowd for a great cause. Love the way we do this and how active we are across the club keeping ex-players involved. 

And Steven continuing to write his own script to top it off with another belter. Fun Sat’day.

Sorry I never bothered going down now.

Hail.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, techboy said:

Reflecting on the legacy of a man who transformed Barca (and Spanish football), first as a player, then as a manager. 

Greatest European player of all time IMHO. Before you even start on the ridiculous legacy still impacting how Ajax and Barcelona go around many asoects of the football side. 

God rest. 

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2019 at 6:59 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@Long n Left

How the Hell did you contrive to lose that man? Germany being Germany. Sighs.

Rekated, thats both Andy Robbo (by far the toughest opponent he’s faced one-on-one all season), and van Dijk that Gnabry’s ‘sent for an Echo’ the last month. 

Lads massively jumped from his time in England. 

Hail. 

Just like the nations league match, except they get the late winner. After a dismal past couple years, qualification is all that matters, but still, you sure would like to get at least a point on home turf.

Gnabry is one of the most exciting young players in the game right now, IMO, not surprised by anything he does. deLigt had a forgettable night, struggling with the footing, and getting caught out a couple times. Getting the goal was a nice lift, just need to remember kid is only 19. Has a huge career in front of him.

Anyone who doesn’t think Memphis is world class on the pitch, just look what the Dutch have accomplished these past few months, after dumb ass Danny Blind was sacked, and Koeman brought Depay back into the squad. Nations league semifinal, and, in two Euro qualifiers, the Dutch scored 6. Depay with 3 goals, 3 assists. Enough said.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/little-liverpool-fans-first-anfield-16024692

F 37 and can’t handle his ale.

Hope the life ban coming your way was worth it. Stupid Irish gob****e.

Hail.

Talking of absolute C .....

The severity of the attack on Gary Mac the weekend.

WTF is wrong with people? 

E49ACBDE-AA3F-4999-970A-9F67FFC2AA0D.png.5807394123018a0bd3d505d687fc44e7.png

87759221-95E5-401D-819B-541D45F80298.png.0ab654d69ad5ffade3230ce0b00cf16e.png

Hail.

• Sad 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11675710/john-barnes-feels-england-must-solve-racism-at-home-before-blaming-montenegro

John Barnes bang on as always over the English attitude to racism. Which to still be having to have this debate, in 2019, not only on the abhorrent disgraces on the terraces but the continued institutionalised racism within the game is to everyones shameful detriment.

Hail.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Anyone who doesn’t think Memphis is world class on the pitch, just look what the Dutch have accomplished these past few months, after dumb ass Danny Blind was sacked, and Koeman brought Depay back into the squad. Nations league semifinal, and, in two Euro qualifiers, the Dutch scored 6. Depay with 3 goals, 3 assists. Enough said.

I don’t know whether we have any interest or not but I’d love him at Anfield. 

Terrific footballer. Perfect versatility to cover right across the front 3 and the deeper playmaking 10 role. So much you could do with him and he’d be a real fun addition to anyones arsenal IMHO. Surprised Utd don’t exercise the ‘buy back’ they have on him.

Been a real nice turnaround story of someone who had too much, too soon at an early age and wasn’t mature enough to deal with it at Utd. Who’s now grown up, faced his off-field problems, and has matured into one of the brightest talents out there fulfilling that big potential he always had.

Hail.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Just like the nations league match, except they get the late winner. After a dismal past couple years, qualification is all that matters, but still, you sure would like to get at least a point on home turf.

Gnabry is one of the most exciting young players in the game right now, IMO, not surprised by anything he does. deLigt had a forgettable night, struggling with the footing, and getting caught out a couple times. Getting the goal was a nice lift, just need to remember kid is only 19. Has a huge career in front of him.

It was painfully obvious his issues at United were all mental rather than lack of ability. He had some brilliant moments and I him and Martial had some moments in which they looked like they could be an unstoppable duo. If he can come anywhere close to his ceiling he'll be unplayable in whichever league he plays in. If for example Klopp or Guardiola were managing United when they bought him we might be talking about BDO contender right now.  

At 21 this kid looks like he could play American football, and he's a very skilled player to boot. Brazil are Brazil when they have a dominant 9 and he might be next in line. Big shoes to fill. 

• Like 1