Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Liverpool is a much better side without Henderson. Hope Klopp realizes that.

Again... I think he has his pulse on the team.

Fabs was about a 5 today.  Turned it over a bunch and was booked.  He clearly has a plan with his midfield.

29 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I was kind of hoping they would put more on us so Uli and Kovac are forced out. The board needs to go for being cheap for so many years making us miss great talent and Kovac is just over his head. 

At least United are still in.  If VAR was worth a **** your entire family tree would've been out of CL in the first round.

42 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

ugh that's a stupid move Andy, guess Milner is going to be the left back in the quarters.

I'm going to say 100% chance we play an English club and I'm also going to say it's going to be United.

City is going to get Ajax.

Watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Liverpool were better and put their foot on the match after he was subbed off.

Not that I rate Hendo hugely, but he is the captain, has had some good games recently. Hard to say how much Pool improved, since Hendo only played maybe 10 minutes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Again... I think he has his pulse on the team.

Fabs was about a 5 today.  Turned it over a bunch and was booked.  He clearly has a plan with his midfield.

At least United are still in.  If VAR was worth a **** your entire family tree would've been out of CL in the first round.

I'm going to say 100% chance we play an English club and I'm also going to say it's going to be United.

City is going to get Ajax.

Watch.

Wow nice DC9.... Club gets beat badly like I predicted last week due to lack quality, coaching tactics, and health (Which all of these definitely showed today.) and you decide to take a crap on me. Wonder why I stay out of this thread these days. 

I’m just hoping the board gets forced out for deliberately ignoring the squad for years and Kovac goes (I don’t think he’s the biggest problem but he’s over his head.)

• Like 1

Euro aways don’t get much better than that.

Absolutely superb, controlling, dominant display against another one of Europes super clubs. In their own magnificent back yard. We’ve had many super special nights over the years in our European playground but last night ranks right up there with any of them. Bayern might be an ageing side at the end of their cycle, but this is still Bayern Munich. The best side in Germany and one who’s been to 6 straight CL semi-finals. To go to Munich and do that to them ..... another SERIOUS message sent across the Continent from Klopps L’pool who are fast reestablished as one of the elite sides across Europe. The continued evolution of this team into such a savvy, controlling, dominant one thats rock solid at the back, tireless in midfield, and devestating in attack ..... elite is the word. By far the most complete team display over both legs this round that will leave NO side wanting to pull this gang of special Reds.

Brilliant trip. But then its Germany. How could it not be? Boss scran and ale. Super friendly people. Just an all round brilliamt Country. Topped off with another of Europes premier grounds ticked off the bucket list. And SO refreshing to be able to mix freely with the opposition with no hint of any problems. Where you can madly walk freely into the home section to get a proper bevvy with no hassle. Finished off with the massive bonus of no 1/2 hour lock-in with a mutual respect and friendship the train back into town and long into last night with a great bevvy and mutual sing song.

Brilliant Bavaria made by the brilliant Reds. And now a current, lazy train ride to a wet Stuttgart for the afternoon before this evenings flight home.

Euro aways don’t get much better than that!

Roll on Fridays draw and the next step to #6.

Up the European Royalty Reds.

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Liverpool were better and put their foot on the match after he was subbed off.

That's about the depth of your research across the board so I'm not surprised that this is the conclusion you've come to.

I'm with @Long n Left, I don't think there are many Reds who rate Hendo higher than Fabinho at all, but like he says - he has put a few performances in recently and he was only out there for about 10 minutes and that may have been Fabinho's worst performance for Liverpool result aside.  So I think Jurgen Klopp knows a little more about his midfield than you or I do.  Like I said earlier in the week I absolutely scoffed at the Lallana selection at the weekend and he was MOTM.  Let's trust the dude who sees the players in training every day. 

If you want to critique feel free but if you want serious interaction I'm looking for something a little more tangible than that.  

12 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Wow nice DC9.... Club gets beat badly like I predicted last week due to lack quality, coaching tactics, and health (Which all of these definitely showed today.) and you decide to take a crap on me. Wonder why I stay out of this thread these days. 

I’m just hoping the board gets forced out for deliberately ignoring the squad for years and Kovac goes (I don’t think he’s the biggest problem but he’s over his head.)

So you hedged your bet and that is to excuse the petulance of the five years?  Don't think Fred and BTFOOM are coming to your rescue!

I do respect you more for taking it on the chin.

It's all in fun, brother.

And yes - y'all definitely need an overhaul.  We'll see if you're in on the money like Real will be.  They need one as well.  

This is set to be a summer of a lot of movement.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Brilliant Bavaria made by the brilliant Reds. And now a current, lazy train ride to a wet Stuttgart for the afternoon before this evenings flight home.

Hail.

Real talk - what did you have to eat?

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

That's about the depth of your research across the board so I'm not surprised that this is the conclusion you've come to.

I'm with @Long n Left, I don't think there are many Reds who rate Hendo higher than Fabinho at all, but like he says - he has put a few performances in recently and he was only out there for about 10 minutes and that may have been Fabinho's worst performance for Liverpool result aside.  So I think Jurgen Klopp knows a little more about his midfield than you or I do.  Like I said earlier in the week I absolutely scoffed at the Lallana selection at the weekend and he was MOTM.  Let's trust the dude who sees the players in training every day. 

If you want to critique feel free but if you want serious interaction I'm looking for something a little more tangible than that.  

So you hedged your bet and that is to excuse the petulance of the five years?  Don't think Fred and BTFOOM are coming to your rescue!

I do respect you more for taking it on the chin.

It's all in fun, brother.

And yes - y'all definitely need an overhaul.  We'll see if you're in on the money like Real will be.  They need one as well.  

This is set to be a summer of a lot of movement.

Overhaul is understatement.

Board needs to go in my opinion. I get they like to get things cheap but you are leading the 5th wealthiest club in the world.  Stop relying on old players.  They had tons of players that wanted to come. Heck multiple players now on city were basically begging for them to get them years ago.  They had their chance and now the board needs to go. 

Kovac. I’m not saying he’s bad but he can’t handle a European giant.  It is what it is but quite simply a rebuild requires someone that can handle the elite level. He needs to be replaced.  The players clearly don’t have faith in him.  There’s been leaks a lot and yesterday they quit on him because they hated his defensive tactics. At home they wanted to go for it.  I couldn’t believe Bayern played ultra defensive at home.  Yeah maybe we get hit on the counter by Bayern always goes for it at home.  He played for a tie.  Unacceptable.  

If we dont spend 250-300 this summer I see a vote of no confidence in the club’s future.  Sporting director needs to go. Terrible scouter.  I’d grab the old Arsenal one.  Dortmund’s scour would be ideal but not hapoening.

Team doctors.  The amount of injures is ridiculous.  Every spring half our roster is hurt.  This needs to be addressed immediately. 

I’m actually not that upset about the game. I’m angry how we got to that point.

Though I got some tool Liverpool friends trying to really rub it in since yesterday which has been quite unnecessary given I have been very quiet about this game.  My response has been act like you been there because well both clubs have. Sorry if it came off a bit more agitated as result. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Euro aways don’t get much better than that.

Absolutely superb, controlling, dominant display against another one of Europes super clubs. In their own magnificent back yard. We’ve had many super special nights over the years in our European playground but last night ranks right up there with any of them. Bayern might be an ageing side at the end of their cycle, but this is still Bayern Munich. The best side in Germany and one who’s been to 6 straight CL semi-finals. To go to Munich and do that to them ..... another SERIOUS message sent across the Continent from Klopps L’pool who are fast reestablished as one of the elite sides across Europe. The continued evolution of this team into such a savvy, controlling, dominant one thats rock solid at the back, tireless in midfield, and devestating in attack ..... elite is the word. By far the most complete team display over both legs this round that will leave NO side wanting to pull this gang of special Reds.

Brilliant trip. But then its Germany. How could it not be? Boss scran and ale. Super friendly people. Just an all round brilliamt Country. Topped off with another of Europes premier grounds ticked off the bucket list. And SO refreshing to be able to mix freely with the opposition with no hint of any problems. Where you can madly walk freely into the home section to get a proper bevvy with no hassle. Finished off with the massive bonus of no 1/2 hour lock-in with a mutual respect and friendship the train back into town and long into last night with a great bevvy and mutual sing song.

Hail.

Looks like three turds and three amazing cities on the docket for the quarter finals. Porto and Amsterdam are high on my bucket list so needless to say I hope you save the airline fare and enjoy a nice gloomy English evening for the away leg. 😛

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, DC9 said:

Pork. Pork. And more pork! It’s a German thing haha. 

Had a fabulous meal in a favourite restaurant Tuesday.. (Zum Augustiner. Traditional Bavarian and they brew their own beer which tastes boss.). Had a gorgeous pork loin in a red wine gravy with those terrific, if bloating, proper dumplings they do Germany. With this garlic mash and creamy cabbage. Too much for a desert anyway haha.

A fantastic, BIG, pork knuckle Wednesday and dumplings. SO suculant. And that crackling man ..... *drools.

Then a great schnizzel and sliced roasties, veg with the creamiest mushroom and mustard sauce Stuttgart yesterday.

Oh, and cheescake the ratskeller in Munich thats instantly number 2 on my all time list. Cheescake officianado that I am. ;)

All washed down with brilliant German beer and Bavarian wine. Whilst being exceptionally reasonably priced.

I would be rather large if I ever moved to Germny haha.

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still buzzing off that massive statement of intent still reverberating around Europe Wednesday from this gang of special Reds, which now leads us to holiday lottery day and the draw sometime just after 11.

Almost perfect 2 weeks of results bar Juve turning that around. Can’t fail to not have another bosd away trip abroad so long as it’s not Turin. (Seriously considering the day-trip there from a safety standpoint. As little time on the streets of Turin as is humanly possible.). And an English side would suit most everyone I know down the ground to save money and holidays.

On the pitch, over two legs in our conpetition, I’ll happily take anyone. One things for sure, ala the quarters when most every club from Barcelona, Madrid, Munich on down openly said it, the one club NOBODY will want to pull is 
L’pool

Personal preference- 

Foreign:

Ajax- Amsterdam. Enough said. And never been Ajax so after Belgrade and Munich, a third new ground ticked off the bucket list.

Porto- One of my favourite City’s in Europe.

Barcelona- Enough said. And we ALWAYS get a result the Nou Camp.

English:

Tottenham- Tick the new ground off we should have done early season.

Utd- Meh, dreary Manchester. But rather them than City. Weakest side left along with Ajax and Porto. 

City- See above.

Basically anywhere not called Turin! 

Roll on 11 and knowing the route to # 6!

Hail.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*If* the semis are City vs Juve/ Barcelona vs L’pool, thats the top 4 teams in Europe.

Uefa couldn’t ask for a better draw than that.

Hail.

Was thinking the same when I saw the draw. Best four sides in Europe all drawn apart, and Messi and Ronaldo on opposite sides of the draw. No fixing here...move on...

Very classy from another of Europe’s elite-

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/1106203813499809799

Hail.

Pure class.

Chuffed for ya GHH, getting to go to Porto, and avoiding Turin throughout. Wish I could be there with ya!

Soon...

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

Just read something that David Villa has scored on 4 continents (only leaving out Africa, South America of the inhabited continents). 

There has to be someone that's scored in at least 5, right? I feel that Africa and S. America would be more common with Australia being the continent that's more unlikely to be scored in. 

Perfect draw.

Couldn’t have hand-picked that any better.

No nightmare trip to Turin. Semi second leg at Anfield. And we get to go Porto again! 

Just need the dates now. Having to do the memorial away in Porto if its the Tuesday will be different but we’ll find a church.

Hail.

Looks like 9 April for the first leg.

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Was thinking the same when I saw the draw. Best four sides in Europe all drawn apart, and Messi and Ronaldo on opposite sides of the draw. No fixing here...move on...

Pure class.

Honestly was shocked.  I screamed in my car while driving to work, lol.

Taking nothing for granted, of course.  

39 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Just read something that David Villa has scored on 4 continents (only leaving out Africa, South America of the inhabited continents). 

There has to be someone that's scored in at least 5, right? I feel that Africa and S. America would be more common with Australia being the continent that's more unlikely to be scored in. 

Well it looks like I've scored more goals in Asia than him so let me know when he gets on my level.

Men in Blazers 03/14/19: Jurgen Klopp Pod Special
Men In Blazers
Duration: 19:11
Published: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 17:36:58 +0000
Episode: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MenInBlazers/~3/hm0O7vHRhuo/men-in-blazers-031419-jurgen-klopp-pod-special

Media: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/590043867-meninblazers-men-in-blazers-031419-jurgen-klopp-pod-special.mp3

Podcast: https://www.podcastrepublic.net/podcast/908407811

Rog sits down with Jurgen Klopp to talk about the Liverpool manager's leadership style in the crucible of hysterical pressure created by this year's title race. A video version of this interview and R...

----
Sent from Podcast Republic 19.02.24R
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still buzzing off that superb secomd half in particular Wednesday.

Always amuses you when dickheads like Shearer sit pontificating on MOTD and the like saying L’pool are at their best when it’s manic chaos, mad pressing, and rapid attacking. Totally and utterly ignoring the evolution of this team into a proper elite one that can now go to one of the hardest places in Europe to win, against a fellow member of UEFA’s establishmemt, and do that to Bayern. Last season was one of my all time favourites to experience with the breathtaking high’s they gave us. But this is a FAR better all round team this year with far better all round, mature, really smart (football inteligence/ tactical wise) footballers the more they’ve worked on it and evolved.

To be so secure, calm and controlling the Allianz, whilst still being devestating going forward at the right times ..... that second half was one of the best halves we’ve had under Klopp. Which is saying something all the excitement and stupendous memories hes left us with. This is now a proper, mature, football team. Which is what this team has evolved into and what he wanted all along. But that development process takes time, paitience and a lot of repetitive hard work. And is bloody hard to learn and get down as a lot of new signings have found and why they can’t be rushed. But patience is a virtue as we’ve seen with the likes of Andy Robbo, Oxo-Chambo and Fabinho so the need for instant hits, regardless of the price, just isn’t there. 

Honestly, in nigh on 40 years going the match, I’ve never seen as controlling and dominant a group of Reds as this. Rock solid defensively. Not that the pressure often gets that far given the tireless work in the middle. Who can still hit you to devastating effect the other end of the pitch. With a tactical fluidity through games with the interchanging and movement we must be an absolute nightmare to plan for. Only 2 other sides in our history have had this many points through 30 games which is just testiment to how great a group Klopp’s developed here.

A proper elite footballing side once again that can beat you any which way. And one that you know, unlike 
‘08/‘09 or ‘13/‘14, has been paitiently built the right way to have sustainable success and be seriously challenging the business end of the PL and Europe for many years to come.

Can’t see anything other than ouselves and City have a personal battle for the league over the next few years and the back end of Europe. So far ahead of everyone else in England are both sides.

Hail.

• Like 1