Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Real v Ajax a perfect example of why VAR should not exist. 4 minutes to try and determine if a ball went out when there is no angle to give a clear and definitive answer. Complete joke.

But it doesn't have to be like that. Send it up to the VAR and they watch it from the angles available and make a call. If it's not a clear error then the decision on the field stands.

I have to admit I have never understood why Madrid went out and got Courtois. Navas played amazing in every game I've seen him in, while Courtois never seemed as good. Now, I'm sure part of that is he's tall and Messi is really good at nutmegging goalkeepers, so I thought maybe that was it.

Navas still seems better to me, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I hear the name Sergio Ramos again I’m going to puke. de Ligt and de Jong are somewhat familiar names, but Ziyech and Neres are absolute studs. Cant wait to see more of them and more of this amazing young team nobody wants to talk about. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I thought VAR got the call (goal allowed) correct?  Are people upset that they took the time to look at it from all angles?

They took over 4 minutes to look at something that was never a clear and obvious mistake to begin with to go to VAR.

It’s just a continued farce that will kill football from a paying supporters POV. 

Hail.

• Like 1

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-paid-out-more-15926741#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_MessageShare

Interesting that fat mess Anderson says Everton will pay the £700,000, but in the official statement from Liverpool council they stop short of saying that. LCC has been an unbelievebly corrupt disgrace right through this ‘pretendy’ new ground farce.

Hail.

15 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Entertained yet son? Have a seat my man this is Manchester ******* United you wrote off. Looking forward to your next prediction. 

You’ll be surprised to know I’m made up for yer and was rooting for Utd tonight.

But that was purely for personal financial reasons. I could teally do with an English side the quarters/ semi. And I’ve been Paris once already this year. Same as I wanted Tottenham to go through last night.

Three perfect results. Now come on Porto and remove the ****e that is going Rome! 

Hail.

After Ajax pantsed those arrogant clowns in Madrid last night I didn't think it could get any better but omg was I wrong.  United into the last 8 is the stuff of dreams but to do it at the expense of PSG and their megastars with a bunch of teenagers and back ups is absolutely priceless.

Of course he saved it for his rival...

Props to OGS for getting the kids ready.

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Entertained yet son? Have a seat my man this is Manchester ******* United you wrote off. Looking forward to your next prediction. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You’ll be surprised to know I’m made up for yer and was rooting for Utd tonight.

But that was purely for personal financial reasons. I could teally do with an English side the quarters/ semi. And I’ve been Paris once already this year. Same as I wanted Tottenham to go through last night.

Three perfect results. Now come on Porto and remove the ****e that is going Rome! 

Hail.

Were even for Istanbul now that AC Milan team was quite irksome I couldn’t root for them in that final. 

Getting owned in your own house after winning 0-2 away, letting another remontada happen ( No team in Champions League history had overturned a 2-0 deficit from the first leg). ManU playing with a B team without Paul Pogba, Matteo Darmian, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Anthony Martial and Nemanja Matic.

Exiting the competition at the same stage 3 times in a row. Only the Evil empire can do that :ols: They invested €850 mil in players so far since 2011 !

PSG in CL year in year OUT !

Neymarjr

aa113830-4074-11e9-b7af-9927f186dabf&cli

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

'ar 'ey, GHH is on Gary Ablett :silly:

As for PSG this team doesn't need a coach but a shrink

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do I feel like Champions League always entertains.
How common is it that 3 away teams overcome 2 goal deficits in the 2nd leg (I didnt confirm that Roma was home... so was it just 2?)
Folks who only watch soccer during World Cup are missing out. These games are better.

I don't know why but TNT only shows some matches in on-demand? I watched first half of PSG-MU.... PSG wasted so much of their attacks with stupid volleys... and MU capitalized on huge mistakes... Buffon....