Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On 3/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, Long n Left said:

Chuffed for ya GHH, getting to go to Porto, and avoiding Turin throughout. Wish I could be there with ya!

Soon...

Might sack Porto off. Heads conpletely kettled over this one. Porto’s never the easiest place to get to anyway but with it being Easter week prices are sky high from most every destination that flys there. And Lisbon’s not much better. 

At best I think I’ll just save the holidays and do the day trip. But I’m wavering on giving it a miss. As much as its one of my favourite City’s in the World been enough times already haha. (Seen us everytime we’ve played there and stopped Porto for the Celta Viga and Braga  games.). 

Plus in all likelehood we’ll be in Barcelona 2 weeks after anyway so saving things for that would be handy.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

You wait for 4 years for the return of the best away in the Country bar none. And then get stuck the other end of the Country missing the game! HUMPH!!!!!

First of what will be a couple of games advantage on City. Let’s see how they cope chasing through the last 5 games of this epic race! 

Into this shower of ****e Redmen on the next step to the double.

Of course the one benefit of missing means I get to keep up with this dinners Youth Cup semi as the 18’s continue their assault on a league and cup double. 

Would that be a double double- Quadruple?

Up the Red record Breakers!

Hail.

• Like 1

Super Sunday. Buzzing.

18’s into the FA Youth Cup Final.

Kloppo’s Reds dog out another massive win. Which is ALL that matters in a run-in.

And those 3 points surpassed last seasons total. And our total points haul in 23 out of 27 PL seasons. In SEVEN fewer games. Alomg with being our second highest ever points tally in a 38 game season. 

How could you not be absolutely bouncing right now if you’re a Red? What a time to be alive. What a time to be a Liverpudlian.

12 more. 

LTOTL. 

Up the Pool. Mighty Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1

So, Messi just scored this golazo to finish off a hat trick: 

https://streamable.com/ano3t

My favorite part of that is Clement Lenglet (15) throwing his hands to his head like "I train every day with the guy and I still can't... I just can't..."

My second favorite part was the reaction from the Betis fans (the match was in Sevilla).

Classy fans that love their football. Amazing atmosphere the whole match too. The Camp Nou only gets like that for the biggest matches, and maybe not even then. 

Edited by techboy
  • Like 2

Wanted to talk about the left back Bryan for Fulham.

Two weeks in a row now I've watched the kid and he's put in two really good shifts.

Might be worth grabbing him if he's affordable to spot Andy in cup ties unless Klopp's ready to let Camacho roll both spots.  Better than Moreno by far and his link up with Babel both weeks was excellent and his defending is obviously pretty good.

22 hours ago, techboy said:

Hey, @Berggy9598... I don't know if you have connections with Man United beyond just being a supporter, but Valencia's mascot did a little scouting before the match in late January, so the info's still pretty fresh, and in the interest of good relations, I thought I'd pass it along...

_105423791_val-bar7.png

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47078936

Great club I got lots of love for Valencia. Followed them quite a bit in the late 90s/early 00s and between the Cuper and Rafa years man did they make Barca and Madrid nervous for a few years and did so playing great football. I still remember the CL semi final in which they ran Barca off the pitch over 2 legs. So many terrific players like Claudio Lopez, Aimar, Mista, Killy Gonzalez, Gerrard, Reuben Baraja and my all time favorite Mendieta. Such a shame they couldn't win one of the CL finals. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Thanks 1

Todays latest stat from this ridiculous gang of Red record breakers:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/1107368003690250250

Talking of, Bayern rattled in another 6 Sunday to extend their GD over Dortmund the top the Bundesliga. 17 scored, 1 conceded the last three league games. Not too shabby for a team that ‘aren’t what they were.’ 😉

Hail.

Oh, yeah... this was my other favorite part of the hat trick reaction... Pau Lopez' face kind of says it all...

Very reminiscent of Ronaldo's Champions League bicycle kick from last year, where the defender just kind of shrugs like "eh... what can you do?" and the crowd can't help but applaud.

Here's a picture of Lenglet's reaction I referred to earlier (the blurred guy in the back)...

Edited by techboy

Safe to say Kloppo is probably my favorite manager in EPL and his interview with MIB and Rog was very enlightening. He offered a lot of good advice and life lessons like how second place wasn't that bad and how we stress too much importance on sports. 

• Thanks 1

UEFA are all about the fans right?

The absokute disgrace from Porto charging us €80 is bad enough rhe quarters. 

This from Barcelona is beyond a disgrace:  https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1108463392661086208

F knows what they’d ask for the semi?!!!!! Thats a defo boycott waiting to happen if we get through and face Barcelona.

Dishraceful how UEFA continues to allow this to happen. 

Hail. 

• Like 1