Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I dipped my toy into the World Cup in 2002.
I went up to my waist in 2006.
I went deep in 2010, 2014 and 2018.

Past 3 years I have been dipping my toes and swimming with Euro Soccer. Mainly Ronaldo and Messi... this is the first year I have gone deep with CL.

The knockout stages provide better soccer than World Cup.
Past two days wiped out my memory of getting from the 16 to 8... something about both Porto and Man U coming up with insane results, and Ajax slaying Real.

While Liverpool and Barca will give us a matchup to die for; we will be blessed with an Ajax that calls to mind the past. Two more games for this Goliath-slayer! And a Spurs team that got by on half a boot from Aguero...

Son was the only player on the pitch who really knew how to time waste.... but Llorente went from zero to hero... and that game was a blur for the first 25 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the record kit deal looming with either Adidas (please if possible. It's a Scouse thing) or Nike that's set to dwarf City and Utd's (obligatory 'FSG OUT!'), what will probably be NB last one of a real good run is another belter- 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/346204-gallery-liverpool-players-new-home-kit-2019-20

The Umbro pinstripe was my first ever shirt. Me Ma sewed a #7 the back. Chuffed wasn't the word. 

Think I'll defo be investing in that goalie shirt though. Casual as F that like a t-shirt.

Hail. 

That’s our Europa League spot sealed.     Trying not to be knee jerk here but this is hard to watch, especially when this lot lost to Fulham last week.  I just hope Ole is given time to fix this because anyone expecting an instant turnaround next year is out of touch with reality.  

21 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

Um soooo...

Come on Burnley

Live in hope. Die in despair mate. I can't see iir euther Wednesday as now the new manager bounce has passed, they've reverted to what they are. A seriously average football team as dire as Mourinho had them. But stranger things have happened and after the Everton carnage, they'll surely be super fired up to reclaim some local pride Wednesday?

My big hopes are the last three for City dropping. Mainly Burnley as we know what a horrible ****house Dyche is. He'll be all out to F City up and kick the living daylights out of them. Brendan's trying to make a name for himself again down here so Leicester should have a decent go. And Brighton may well need something that final day to stay up. Just need them to drop one game .....

As for the mighty Reds, you're seriously running out of things to say about this superb group. That's a record point haul the PL now mate for LFC. 27 seasons the PL been in existence. Our previous total best was 86. We currently sit on 88 points with 3 to play! Only twice in our storied history have we topped 90 points in a season. Twice in 127 years. And Friday night we'll beat the previous best L'pool side to do that in all likelihood when we play Huddersfield. Kenny's great '87/'88 side totalled 90 points. (40 games.). The all-time record, if you convert 2 points for a win to 3, is the 77'78 side that recorded 98 points. But that was a 42 game season. 

Said it the other day, it'll be a travesty for either ourselves our City to lose this battle. The best the English top flight has ever seen to this ridiculous level. But someone has to and hopefully, it'll be them. With the most complete, controlling Liverpool side, that just doesn't have any weakness' back-to-front, in my 39-year match going lifetime finally returning us to the top of the mountain. 

Mad to think we'll probably get 97 points and that may not be enough. But that's the standard now after City raised the bar last season and I can't see anything other than the two of us pushing 90 plus points next season and subsequent ones. So far ahead of the chasing pack are both clubs right now. 

To think absolute imbeciles were calling this side 'bottlers' a few games back. Seriously. 

Alisson's 19th clean-sheet the year today. 2 more the last three and he'll beat Reina, who sits 3rd all time the PL era on 20 back in '05/'06. (And equal van der Sars 21 back in '08/'09 in the process.). Big Virge is getting all the accolades but he's been as important as anyone in taking us over the top. The defence never was half as bad as was made out under Klopp as you know. He's improved it season-on-season. They never gave up many big chances per game. Just the ones they did invariably went in as the major problem between the posts was never of any significant standard. Now, with one of the best goalies the World over back there, not so much. 

6 more mate to become the first English club to achieve a league/ European Cup double 3 times. Roll on Friday and a rocking Anfield. 

LTOTL. LLTOTL!

Up the Relentless Reds!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

A phenomenal couple of years after how good he was statistically in Italy last season. 

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1120009995377106944

Mad to think the two best goalies in the Country by far this year are in the North West and for the first time in 5/6 years one of those isn't at Utd. 

Massive shout out to Matip too who's been superb since JMG went down. Full 360 turnaround from the soft ****e CH who didn't relish contact and unsettled everyone back there the last few years to the class CH he was his first half season before the first injury. At the least, he's elevated himself above Degsy Lovren now as the one you'd defo keep for quality depth.

Hail. 

• Like 1

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-supporters-receive-apology-after-16163339

Apologising after the fact doesn't cut it. Low life's on Twitter are one thing. But for a so-called 'reputable' site to run such baseless garbage ..... 

We know more than anyone that mud sticks and have suffered through that more than any other set of supporters. 

The general standard of 'journalism' in this age ...... Incompetent morons.

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

How did I miss the Mo and Time Magazine thing?

Does hammer home again what an absolute Global superstar Mo is like. Whilst being totally humble and respectful with it. 

Not only being selected as one of Times 100 most influential people of the year. (Boss that he’s used that platform to condone and educate on the repression of woman the World over.).

But adorning the cover of one of the Worlds most respected and largest weekly publications ..... speechless indeed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RamyCol/status/1118478603908538368

Hail.

• Like 1

Just thinking of the game at City. Sadio hits the post, it bounces out, and there's a miraculous clearance off the line from Stones. Sane hits the post and it rebounds in. Such fine, fine margins at the very top level. There's an invincible season right there. And to think even that may not have been enough ..... Madness the standard we're both setting. 

As much as I'm really coming to detest City fans and their ridiculous obsession with ourselves (WAY more than I do Utd. City are FAR worse than Chelsea ever were), neither side deserves to lose this absolutely phenomenal battle. 

Still wouldn't put money on calling it but it'll be a real shame for one of these two to have to finish second after this ridiculous season.

Hail. 

• Like 2

‘He’s our centre half, He’s our Number 4 .....’

Congrats in advance big Virg for Sunday-

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-star-virgil-van-dijk-set-to-win-pfa-player-of-year-ahead-of-raheem-sterling-a4125531.html

First defender to win it since 2004/ 05. Only the third since 1992/ 93 and just the 6th in the 49 years of the award. Testament to his and the clubs phenomenal season.

First time two Reds have won the PFA POTY back-to-back since Kenny and Rushie in 1983/ ‘84 respectively.

New record for the team of the year too coming from only 3 clubs-

https://mobile.twitter.com/tom_farmery/status/1121168486368202764

Hail.

• Like 1

Going down the road to City tonight for the Youth Cup Final. Meh, I'm claiming it as a 'new' ground as it's their Academy Stadium. And the tickets were free like so why not?

When I picked the tickets up yesterday dinner, the girl the window was saying we'd under 200 left from a 700/800 allocation. (LOVE the idea of having your own section for an 18's game. Like the last time we played them the Youth Cup Final at the Ethiad.). 

The idea of 600 plus Scousers cheering on Lewtas and his double chasing young Reds, at City, with the far bigger first team implications in the background ..... Sounds the perfect Thursday night before Anfield goes off on Friday. 

Up the Red Lids!

Hail. 

• Like 1

FA Youth Cup- Boxed. 

Congrats the super young Reds. They've more than deserved something for their efforts this year. As has the first-team. Hopefully, their's is still all to come. 

Enjoyable, if bloody cold, night that. Mad how even at youth level you're bursting with pride when a fellow Scouser takes centre stage in the Red shirt. Boys own stuff for Bobby Duncan. Completely lost his head the end in the emotion of it all. L'pool lad scoring the final for his hometown/ boyhood club. In Manchester. To win the most prestigious youth competition in the Country. Bet he's not sleeping tonight. Same his bezzie and fellow 30-plus goal partner Glatzel with the peno winner ..... 'Scousers here, Scousers there, Scousers every F where ..... ' 

Loved how there was al the younger levels and coaches (all clobbered up head to toe in NB haha) sat amongst us the stand there and the majority were on the pitch the end celebrating with the 18's. The sense of unity at every level of the football club is wonderful to see. Great for the 16's on down to share in the experience. 

Mad the set-up with Citys academy stadium. Better than most lower league grounds and akin to a small stadium you'd see the Continent somewhere like France. Very impressive. 

One trophy down. (Hopefully) Three to go. (The U18 PL to go along with our first-team hopes and dreams.).

Hopefully, this won't be the last time City are cursing L'pool Football Club this season. 

Side note- That's now 2 European Cups, an FA Cup, 2 League Cups and 2 FA Youth Cups I've seen Liverpool Football Club lift live on penalties..... Whilst not seeing a single penalty as I have a superstition of always turning my back on a penalty! Go figure? Haha.

Up the Peno King Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

So, I just did something incredibly impetuous and I bought a way too expensive ticket for the semifinal in Barcelona (but it's expensive because I hit refresh a bunch and snagged one from the team in row 12 of section 103 behind the bench, so at least I'm not being gouged by resellers... I'm being gouged by the club).

Pretty excited, and still a little puzzled that I care this much.

Visca Barca!

• Like 1