Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Couldn’t be more proud of Jurgens Reds tonight. Played Barcelona off the park in their house. Cruel game this togger.

But we’ll give these a HELL of a game at r’s. This ties not dead and make NO mistake!

Highlight the night- After the match. Bar the top side the Nou Camp. L’pool coach comes past. Everyone piles out singing L’pool songs.. Jurgen sat the front with a big ____ kicking grin his face buzzing off it. Teamtalk for next Tuesday made. ‘These lads FULLY BELIEVE in yers boys. Go F do it for THEM!’

I’m utterly P and utterly goosed. But I know this- We are Llverpool. And this is Anfield. And Barcelona are gnnna’ have to EARN any final place.

Get in early and lets F give this EVERYTHING!

Up the down but by NO means out Reds!

Hail.

• Like 3

They're really not all that IMO, but Messi is in the Jordan/Tom Brady category of if he decides you're watching the final at the crib, there's nothing you can do to stop him. You've been lucky enough not to experience it first hand until now. 

10 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

They're really not all that IMO, but Messi is in the Jordan/Tom Brady category of if he decides you're watching the final at the crib, there's nothing you can do to stop him. You've been lucky enough not to experience it first hand until now. 

Yep. Messi is a game breaker.  All he needs is one moment to make a team look stupid.  He’s done it to Bayern, Real, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, hell easier to name who he hasn’t made look stupid. It’s why I think if Ajax and Barca go through Messi does it again even though Ajax are the best team in my opinion currently. 

gotta tip your cap to both barca and liverpool.  liverpool played a hell of a game, and the score doesn't tell the tale of the game, which was much closer.  barca had two great goals (i just knew messi was going to hit that top left corner) and one lucky/unlucky bounce off the crossbar.    sadio, milner, and salah all missed goals that they'd hit 9 times out of 10.  just one of those nights on a soccer pitch.  tough sledding for the tie at anfield, but i trust the supporters to have that ol' place rockin and the players to give their all. 

on to newcastle.  an early red goal would do wonders for my blood pressure...

6 hours ago, dchogs said:

gotta tip your cap to both barca and liverpool.  liverpool played a hell of a game, and the score doesn't tell the tale of the game, which was much closer.  barca had two great goals (i just knew messi was going to hit that top left corner) and one lucky/unlucky bounce off the crossbar.    sadio, milner, and salah all missed goals that they'd hit 9 times out of 10.  just one of those nights on a soccer pitch.  tough sledding for the tie at anfield, but i trust the supporters to have that ol' place rockin and the players to give their all. 

on to newcastle.  an early red goal would do wonders for my blood pressure...

He's pretty good with his fists to be fair. Ask Fabinho's head. 

Having been eulogising over the free kick after the game, to see what he did today to 'win' said free kick, and get away with it ..... Disappointing. To be kind.

But then that's not half as disappointed as I am with that absolute gob****e ****house Carragher but that's a personal issue. 

Hail. 

Wish today was Tuesday and an absolutely wild Anfield. Quietly confident on that but thats for then. This is now and back to trying to win the greatest league title race there’s ever been.

I love the fact City play Monday night and have 48 hours to sweat on the mighty Reds being top with a game to play. 

Be a LONG 2 days for them that. Still think theres a twist left yet in this season for the ages.

Oh, and a Cardiff and Arsenal win would be very welcome too this weekend as well.

Love yer Rafa mate, but this is business.

Up the still double chasing Reds!

Hail.

I'm still in Spain wrapping up this impromptu Champions League semifinal/20th anniversary trip (we fly home tomorrow), but ironically, I can't watch the Barca match. It's easier to watch La Liga in the US than it is in Spain.

Sounds like I didn't miss much, though. 

I ****ing love this team.  I do.

My wife and kids usually leave me alone when watching a game... they saw the score and they all came and sat down next to me, or at least in my game room, and watch for about two minutes before the free kick that Shaq put in.  As soon as that happened and big Div knodded that ****er in, I scream and jumped so loud and hard that the house shook.  Then they watched the 45 minutes of stoppage time with me and it was great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anfield. Tuesday night on the biggest stage of all-

3 goals down. No away goals. Bobby and Mo likely missing. Barcelona resting the whole XI this weekend. And possessing the GOAT in their ranks .....

The seemingly impossible. 

But this is Liverpool Football Club. In our competition. At our house. Where we’ve made a career out of the impossible on great nights like these under the European lights most all other fanbases can only dream about .....

Can

Not 

WAIT!

Regardless of whether we get to Madrid or not (still quietly confident personally we will), Anfield will be absolutely wild like only she can be when we’re fully on it. 

THAT’S why you do it. Moments and memories that live with you a lifetime. Losing yourself and having the time of your life at the match. And this awesomely superb gang of Reds, the best any of us have ever seen, are ensuring that EVERY game. 

Tuesday can’t come soon enough! 

Up the down but by NO means out of Europe Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*For ‘obstruction’ read ‘punching someone in the head as you run into them.’

But thats passed. They have to come to r’s yet .....

Hail.

Heard of a double pass? Messi was trying to go around Fabinho to reach one. Barca get their fair share of gifts in the CL but that wasn’t one of them. 

Oh yeah, any whopper that wants to ‘cheer’ that horrible lil’ ****house Suarez Tuesday please stay away from the game. Ta.

He’s EQUALLY as bad as Coutinho and would have been at Arsenal long since if they had offered a decent amount. Before you even get into the diving and his disgrace with Andy Robbo last Wednesday.

He got dogs from the away section the Nou Camp and that needs intensifying at r’s.

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Heard of a double pass? Messi was trying to go around Fabinho to reach one. Barca get their fair share of gifts in the CL but that wasn’t one of them. 

You have a very strange interpretation of the rules. 

But we’ll leave it there as its futile to debate what can no longer be changed.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Well that was another wretched performance from United.  Over at the Redcafe they are getting ready to jump off tall buildings but on the bright side we don't have to go into next week at home to Cardiff clinging to some delusion of hope for a top 4 finish.

In reality missing top 4 might be a blessing in the long run.  The big name players linked with the club will not be coming for Europa League and a bunch of the overpaid deadwood will want out too.  The team needs a tear it down to the studs rebuild focused on young, emerging and ambitious players and this result is going to force them to do just that.  Pogba, whether you rate him or not, is of more use as a sellable asset than as part of the squad and DeGea and Lukaku should be moved on too.  If only we had a football man to identify our new signings but sadly final authority will still rest with investment banker, Ed Woodward, who will continue to play Championship Manager as a way of assembling his squad.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:33 AM, BenningRoadSkin said:

Just seen that and again, it has to be said, your trolling game is terrible lid. 

Forget running with an Evertonians tweet. Using an isolated incident of one bellend roundly condemned by most everyone, not least the football club and it's supporters itself, is bad enough. Doing it the night after Tottenham and Ajax fans were battling all over London the previous evening ...... Not too clever. 

We had what could have been a seriously nasty run-in with a banned Barca group Wednesday afternoon, that I alluded to further up the page regarding the aftermath and the heated words exchanged with Jamie Carragher. But I didn't want to go into that for the sake of @techboy  as the rest of the trip was a belter. 

Apparently, that doesn't extend from Arsenal fans vainly trying for a reaction from the masses huh?

On 5/2/2019 at 2:59 AM, RichmondRedskin88 said:

People forget Barca has loss one time at home in UCL in like 10 years or more.  Something about those UCL nights. Bayern was the last one to win there in 2013 (0-3)

Yanno, L'pool had never been beat the Nou Camp before Wednesday? 2 wins and a draw. 

Another day and that unbeaten record could well have extended to 4 as that was nottin like a 3-0 game. But that's football. Fair play to Barcelona. 

We'll try again Tuesday. If you think the Nou Camp's special in Europe .....

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*For ‘obstruction’ read ‘punching someone in the head as you run into them.’

But thats passed. They have to come to r’s yet .....

Hail.

Hail to the Scousers for the second leg, pull an AC Milan comeback !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long, but incredibly stunning read that encapsulates so much of what we're all about: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/03/hope-heart-liverpool-premier-league-donald-mcrae-tom-jenkins?CMP=share_btn_tw

Yanno', it really doesn't matter who comes out on top next Sunday. Naturally disappointing to whoever finishes runner-up as neither deserves that. But it really doesn't matter when you block out the outside noise and take the mad standards these lads have set all season long for exactly what they are. And where it all falls in the great scheme of things. We couldn't be any prouder of our club and City regardless. And these lads, the best group we've ever had the privilege of sharing this journey with, get that too. 

Thank you Donald McRae for taking the time here to understand and appreciate a lot of what Liverpool and supporting this club is all about.  

Really enjoyed that. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We had what could have been a seriously nasty run-in with a banned Barca group Wednesday afternoon, that I alluded to further up the page regarding the aftermath and the heated words exchanged with Jamie Carragher. But I didn't want to go into that for the sake of @techboy  as the rest of the trip was a belter. 

No need to spare my feelings... If the banned group is the Boixos Nois, remember I warned you about them. 

And, truth be told, the one sour note in an otherwise amazing (if short) trip to Barcelona and Madrid was helping a Liverpool fan find his way back on the Metro. Apparently he got separated from the other Liverpool supporters and jumped by three "Barca fans", knocked down, and they took an expensive watch he's had for twenty years.

I told him that I don't get being that violent over a game, but I think for most the game is just an excuse to act like that. A good example is the Boixos Nois... fascists "supporting" the team that was a cultural touchpoint to Catalans oppressed by Franco.

32 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Hail to the Scousers for the second leg, pull an AC Milan comeback !

Are you a cardiologist looking to move to Barcelona and wanting to drum up some clients? Because if that happens after last year's Roma debacle...

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We'll try again Tuesday. If you think the Nou Camp's special in Europe .....

I will say this... Part of what I enjoyed was the spirit of the Liverpool supporters before AND after the match. Fortunately I was in a section Messi personally acknowledged during, so I didn't have to hear you lot then. 😉

On a related note, I learned that Liverpool supporters all sound like Ringo Starr. Speaking, but especially singing. Not a John, Paul, or even George in the bunch. 

• Haha 1