Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On 5/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, techboy said:

Every fanbase of every team in every sport feels things are rigged against them. It's simple confirmation bias, where the missed calls etc. that go for one's team don't sink in, and the ones that go against stand out. It's how Barcelona fans are so furious at EUFA they whistle the Champions League anthem, and everyone else calls them "VAR"celona.

The only thing that makes me not blow this off completely is that there is so much money in world football, and there are so many actual documented examples of corruption in FIFA etc, that it wouldn't surprise me at all if a refereeing scandal actually broke.

Still, is there any actual evidence that refs are intentionally modifying the outcomes of games? Human error combined with confirmation bias is a powerful explanation.

Ridiculous claim. Game is clearly rigged.

• Like 1

I might be a United fan but more than that I am a fan of football and I just have to say this Liverpool team is spectacular.  In full flow it is almost like Klopp is DaVinci and his players are the Sistine Chapel, they have made Barcelona look like Cardiff City tonight.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hats off to Liverpool. Barca should have easily scored tonight but when they didn’t they were blitzed off the pitch by a better side. Barca are a cream puff team from what is currently  a cream puff league, while Liverpool (and City for that matter) are out through the wringer on a weekly basis. I said after the QF Barca were lucky United had no quality up front and here it is. Take your soft behinds home for a stroll against Osasuna or whoever it is that rolls out red carpets for them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Pool

(I’m not in much mood to say much else.  I got a group message this afternoon that I’ve seemly been excommunicated as a Bayern fan currently for criticizing the transfer methods of Bayern as well as the unprofessional style of hiring lately with the rushing of Kovac. Apparently my comments are not acceptable toward Bayern management and I’m not welcome currently among Die Roten folks. So you’ll have to excuse me as I take a exit from soccer for awhile. Just wanted to say congrats first.)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 3

I don't know where to begin. I'm drunk. Still somewhat emotional. And deliriously F happy. 

This football club man .....

Just HOW many times do we have to do this before people (on the outside) are finally gonna' admit that there's NO place in World football like Anfield when we're fully on it and NO crowd anywhere like ours? The Kop was literally shaking and moving under your feet tonight.  I don't have a clue who the young girl was stood next to me but I was in tears with her the end through the best YNWA EVER!

This football club ......

To do that, to Barcelona (who we've COMPLETELY outplayed for 180 minutes BTW), with that team ..... NOBODY does it like we do it. Opposition fans hate it but this really is a special, special club. Every last one of them was beyond exceptional tonight. A night that is not only the single greatest outside of a final, for me in our glorious history but one of the all-time greatest nights in UEFA competition history. 

This bloody football club .....

This will be my 6th European Cup Final. 6 times I'll have seen my club in the biggest game in the sport. SIX! How utterly mad is that? But we keep on doing it. Because we're one of Europes PROPER elite clubs. Honestly, take a step back and just think how SERIOUSLY bloody privileged we are as Liverpudlians. We've seen things most every other set of supporters, save for Utd fans under Ferguson, can only DREAM about seeing. We follow one of the greatest, most successful football clubs on the planet that give you miraculous nights like tonight that will be talked about for a lifetime. For all the craving for the league and narking over the years, we have it SO good as Reds it's untrue. 

SIX finals. Still pinching myself. And the last two, back-to-back, under the magnificent, mad German btard who's now had three European campaigns here and got to three finals. Ridiculous. What a F bloke we have leading us hey?

'..... 'Cos we're the MIGHTY L'pool, and we're going to Madrid!' 

This football club will be the death of me. But man, what a F way to go! 

Up the special, SPECIAL football club that is LIVERPOOL FC!

Hail. 

• Like 6

Just now down enough to post safely, but I’m half ****ed so, who knows?!

Kept telling myself, and my daughter just home from freshman year, that we can do this! But, no Mo, no Bobby, but **** all, We Are Liverpool! 

GHH, just wish I could be in that glorious city tonight, and dance, sing, and drink till sun up. Kept telling myself, “we made loads of chances at Camp Nou, just gotta convert. Gini and Origi: 4 shots, 4 goals. Nice conversion rate. Just flying, may come down by Sunday.

We are Liverpool, tra la la la la

We are Liverpool, tra la la la la la la la

We are Liverpool, tra la la la la

We’re the best football team in the land

YES WE ARE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1