Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The whole Chelsea don't give young players a chance is a little overstated in this case as he's only a year or two younger than Hazard was when he moved to Chelsea. Like Hazard, Pulisic is not being brought in as a developmental prospect. Who knows what's going to happen with Hazard but IMO he'll be Willian's direct replacement and will see plenty of regular first team football. A lot can change before the start of next season but I don't see any of Liverpool's front 4 getting poached by Real or Barca even if Liverpool don't win the league, so he would have actually got less playing time at Liverpool.  

Edited by Berggy9598

16 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The whole Chelsea don't give young players a chance is a little overstated in this case as he's only a year or two younger than Hazard was when he moved to Chelsea. Like Hazard, Pulisic is not being brought in as a developmental prospect. Who knows what's going to happen with Hazard but IMO he'll be Willian's direct replacement and will see plenty of regular first team football. A lot can change before the start of next season but I don't see any of Liverpool's front 4 getting poached by Real or Barca even if Liverpool don't win the league, so he would have actually got less playing time at Liverpool.  

I always thought of Pulisic as a Lallana replacement.

Milly's contract is up at the end of the year and sure we have Ox coming back, hopefully in Feb/March. 

But really for me, I have Pulisic as a 10, not on the wings, so I don't  really disagree with you other than I think he's more of a project than he's not.

4 up 4 down barely breaking a sweat. First loss to Liverpool in the league since David Moyes ended up being useful. Big test after the FA Cup and I don’t see our defense holding up well against Spurs. 

The day Jonjo Shelvey leaves the field on a stretcher with a broken leg I’ll be smiling ear to ear. 

Edited by Berggy9598

I don’t know how that came across the TV but that was an absoluting pulsating game of top level togger between the two best teams in this league by a Country mile. The way it ebbed and flowed ..... yeah, there were mistakes, and some of the passing and first touches both sides were off. But a real privilage to pay to watch another classic between these two.

NO problem our unbeaten record going like that. We had what, three cleared off the line? Kompany could have walked. Three superb goals. Every player giving every last ounce. A draw would probably have been a fair result and you’re naturally disappointed to not still be sat here unbeaten but that was a super game played ar times at a ridiculous pace.

When arguably the two top teams in Europe go at it like that, in as close a contest as that, decided by a wonderful goal like that (the fine margins huh? Sadio hits the post and its cleared off the line. Sane hits the post and it goes in); you just tip your hat to both teams, congratulate City on coming out on top this time, and walk away with your head held high.

Well done City. Did what you had to in a Hell of a game and now it’s game on again.

Still well in our own hands with 17 to go. Can’t ask for much more than that.

Up the down but FAR from out Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just reading thats apparently the time for Pep at City they’ve lost both the possession battle (49.5 -50.5%), and shots on target. (4-5.). 

Such fine margins.

HELL of a lot to be proud of tonight. Just one of them. 

Hail.

They’re nothing special at the moment this game was there for the taking but playing Henderson and Milner in midfield allowed City to get away with playing two 10s in the center of the park. You want as big a gap as possible before De Bruyne gets back into full swing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

They’re nothing special at the moment this game was there for the taking but playing Henderson and Milner in midfield allowed City to get away with playing two 10s in the center of the park. You want as big a gap as possible before De Bruyne gets back into full swing. 

And yet L’pool both scoredcand conceded with Fabinho on the pitch.

The right three started the game. To not understand what Jordan Henderson for one brings and his integral importance to the side is to not understand football. Or more so L’pool football. 

Personnel didn’t cost L’pool the game. Luck just wasn’t on tneir side. 

Hail.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The right three started the game. To not understand what Jordan Henderson for one brings and his integral importance to the side is to not understand football. Or more so L’pool football. 

Hail.

Yeah I’m not an idiot (contrary to what your unnecessary backhanded insult would suggest) I understand what Jordan Henderson brings to the table I just think he needed better cover against a team playing two players in midfield that are strictly attacking playmakers. 

They cut straight through the line between midfield and defense to set up their winning goal btw.

Anyways I’m off to learn football, cheers!

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Good luck with that if you think it revolves around playing the most expensive players as you initially alluded to.

Solanke looking like he’s gone on a permy too.

Totally down with that.

Hail.

Well golly gee here I was thinking they were expensive because they look good in a suit and tie. Upon countless hours of research on a sport I don’t understand, I have concluded that they were expensive because top level two way midfielders are at a premium these days and therefor expensive. Who knew?! 

14 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Don't really care about Solanke, just hope they got a sale on or buy back clause since he's still young.

Clyne seems a mistake, he can cover both fullback spots plus don't want see Gomez/Milner at RB. 

Got the 16 year old Dutch wunderkind for emergency back up, heck, may even see him some Monday. Trent is RB every game on out if fit. At 20, he will be fine, even with only 3 days between matches. Just hope his form gets a little better, thought he was off a bit last night. 

Not gutted too much last night’s result. The margins were the slimmest of the slim, result could have gone either way. Good run of fixtures the rest of the month to get back in fine form, and have Joe and Matip back, also Brewster soon (hopefully), and possibly Ox in March.

Still 4 clear the top of the table.

Onward to #19 you mighty Reds!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I don’t know how that came across the TV but that was an absoluting pulsating game of top level togger between the two best teams in this league by a Country mile. The way it ebbed and flowed ..... yeah, there were mistakes, and some of the passing and first touches both sides were off. But a real privilage to pay to watch another classic between these two.

NO problem our unbeaten record going like that. We had what, three cleared off the line? Kompany could have walked. Three superb goals. Every player giving every last ounce. A draw would probably have been a fair result and you’re naturally disappointed to not still be sat here unbeaten but that was a super game played ar times at a ridiculous pace.

When arguably the two top teams in Europe go at it like that, in as close a contest as that, decided by a wonderful goal like that (the fine margins huh? Sadio hits the post and its cleared off the line. Sane hits the post and it goes in); you just tip your hat to both teams, congratulate City on coming out on top this time, and walk away with your head held high.

Well done City. Did what you had to in a Hell of a game and now it’s game on again.

Still well in our own hands with 17 to go. Can’t ask for much more than that.

Up the down but FAR from out Reds!

Hail.

oh, the energy and pace of the game was totally evident on tv-- probably not the same as in person, but it was awesome, just the same. 

i was bummed to have the reds lose, but not crushed or angry like some reds on twitter are.  folks are acting like 'pool is looking up at city with an 8 pt gap.  i guarantee that ANY of them would have been thrilled with liverpool being top of the table by 4 pts one game into the 2nd half of the season (with that game being against the main challengers). 

for the game itself, trent was really running hot or cold.  some terrible touches and mistakes, but some sublime flank switches-- one to set up bobby's goal.  he should get a second assist on that goal like in hockey.  i thought the game fairly reffed (in that there were some bad calls both ways).  terribly unlucky sequence at 20 min:  1) sadio hitting the post  2) stones clearing the ball by 1.1cm  and 3) not having that clear bounce off a charging salah, who was all but in the goal himself (and was caught like a tuna in the nets after).  a great save on salah's near miss in the 2nd half too. 

playing either of these teams is like juggling a powder keg... one slight mistake, misstep, or bad angle, and it can all blow up in your face.  the sane, sterling, aguero combo is a dangerous one, and the only one in the league that could challenge mane, firminio, salah for potency. 

gonna be a fun back half of the season.  let's go reds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Klopp has nothing to be disappointed about. Liverpool still clear favorites with only 3 games left against the Top 6 teams.

The title is rarely won or lost between the “big 6” IMO. It’s the team that’s most consistent against the rest that usually comes out on top. The good news (for ya’ll) is Liverpool has been ruthlessly consistent in those games. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

Tough game.

I agree, though.

The chances were there.  Unfortunate bounces and literal centimeters here and there.

Mane is usually either a genius or a dope with his form and he wasn't a genius yesterday.  Awful touches all over the pitch.

We had by far the toughest festive period.  Dropped 3 points total.  I'll take that in bags.

Lets just get it right the next five and we're fine.

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

£19 million plus add-ons. 19 F MILLION!!!!!

Build a gold statue to Michael Edwards NOW!!!!!

And build one to Bournemouth whilst we’re at it! That’s Ibe and Solanke paid for Mo with change!

Hail.

That's the money for the kid from Bristol City and then some.

• Like 1