Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

4 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

4 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Klopp has nothing to be disappointed about. Liverpool still clear favorites with only 3 games left against the Top 6 teams.

And only Man U away from fortress Anfield.

Edited by Long n Left

22 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

They’re nothing special at the moment this game was there for the taking but playing Henderson and Milner in midfield allowed City to get away with playing two 10s in the center of the park. You want as big a gap as possible before De Bruyne gets back into full swing. 

Henderson and Milner are cloggers.

Klopp has to integrate and trust Keita and Fabinho or improve on them. Trusting Henderson and Milner might cost Liverpool.

Timo Werner for under £40M? Yes please! Better than Pulisic, IMO, and only a couple years older. Seems like the kind of lad Klopp could mold into something special, and provide good cover for the front 3 in the meantime.

Edited by Long n Left

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Early team news is in for Monday.

We have to decide to be innovative and not play a goalkeeper.

Just super. We now travel in hope rather than expectation.

Hail.

Not buying Migs a pint?

Watched Klopp’s presser, and I expect a bunch of changes. Still not bad if you can field a second team midfield of Lallana, Keita, and Shaq. I’m guessing Virg will get a rest, probably in favor of Fabinho. Wonder if Alby will get a start after the supposed rift. 

Should be be a fun watch, if I can find a stream.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Not buying Migs a pint?

Watched Klopp’s presser, and I expect a bunch of changes. Still not bad if you can field a second team midfield of Lallana, Keita, and Shaq. I’m guessing Virg will get a rest, probably in favor of Fabinho. Wonder if Alby will get a start after the supposed rift. 

Should be be a fun watch, if I can find a stream.

Not on NBC?

It’s the only bloody game on Monday Night for

Pete’s sake!

Hail.

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not on NBC?

It’s the only bloody game on Monday Night for

Pete’s sake!

Hail.

None of the FA games on tv here. Have to buy ESPN+. Oh well, I’ll just be getting out of Dr’s office right around kickoff, I’ll find a stream somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And they want to grow the game out there. Seriously! 

Soz mate. That sucks! 

Hail.

Oh well, I know it’s Liverpool, and I know how you feel about these cup games, but I’ll not lose any sleep over it. Besides it’ll just be warmup...there’s another little game being played a couple hours later...

Go Tigers!

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Oh well, I know it’s Liverpool, and I know how you feel about these cup games, but I’ll not lose any sleep over it. Besides it’ll just be warmup...there’s another little game being played a couple hours later...

Go Tigers!

The FA Cup la.

Anyone try’s telling you it shouldn’t be important to Liverpudlians, I’ll give them 96 reasons why it ALWAYS should! 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Long, but absolutely bang on, powerful piece lifted from facey:

I’m a Liverpool fan.

Apparently, that means I’m embarassing. I’m scum. Part of the worst, most annoying fanbase around.

A fan of a disgusting, disgraceful club that’s offended by everything and ashamed of nothing. Whatever that might mean today.

I’m unemployed and unemployable. Because I’d just steal everything anyway. Like your hubcaps. Like your trainers. I’d sell them to buy drugs, I expect. The cash I make from them, when added to my dole money, would help pay for my flights to and from Norway.

Did I mention I’m a mutderer?

Did loads of murders, me. I murder all the time. Never been any justice for my murders either. I don’t have to tell you WHO I’ve murdered, because you all know the names. They’re mentioned frequently among the empathy you’ve shown.

Of course, being a Liverpool fan also means I’ve killed my own. Turned up drunk at a game and just started doing some more killing. That idea’s been widely dismissed but I think you know better to be honest. You’re too smart to be fooled by actual facts and findings!

Oh, I’m a racist too!

I defend racists and I’m a fan of probably the most racist club ever. Because they wore some t-shirts that time. I mean, it was an ill-advised move by the club. But we couldn’t wait to do it anyway because we’re so racist!

If Liverpool ever won the league (because, apparently, we’ve NEVER won it), I’d be intolerable. I’d never stop going on about it. It would be completely different to any other side winning it, where their fans go silent, applaud politely, and never mention it again!

And it would be our FIRST league title. Not the 19th like some idiots say. Because REAL football only began in 1992. Proper football with Richard Keys. Oh, by the way, this rule only applies to Liverpool. Not any other clubs who may have won trophies before Sky TV. 

Any league win would be made possible by the referee’s. Who are all in the clubs pocket. The referee’s, and the biased media, who all want Liverpool to win.  

If there’s one thing we’ve seen over the last 30 years, it’s that the media definately LOVE Liverpool FC and it’s fans! 

Penalties! Get them all the time us. Penalties for everything. Our players dive all over the place amd get penalties. Three at Anfield in the past 16 months alone! Because referee’s all favour us. It’s why we win games, mate.

I’m looking forward to some more fighting in Europe. Embarassing club. Bring it all on ourselves to be honest. Always the victims. Like Sean Cox. You can’t tell me he didn’t deserve to be put in a coma. Probably tried to steal someones trabs. Probably said something racist. 

Hopefully, we do a bit better in Europe this season than last when jt was absolutely hillarious for everyone else that we ONLY made yet another final. ****ing laughable that! A real club would have won it! Won it for the aecond time because the first four don’t count now or something back in a time when it wasn’t proper football. 

Had we won it, it would’ve been just another reason for us to act like we’re better than everyone else somehow. By singing songs about OUR players, OUR manager and OUR club. 

Or by making banners. Actually making them by hand. With witty and inventive words. By ourselves. Like a bunch of ****s! 

Having an anthem that gets sung at the start and end of every single game. Haha. The ****ing kip of it! An anthem that’s secretly sung not for our players, but to show how much better we are than your club. Because that’s more important. 

Always act like we’re different us as well. ‘We’re not English, We are Scouse!’ some sing. Does my head in that. Why can’t we all get behind the National side, banding together with those who still say we killed our own? Beats me?

I mean, it’s not like there was a very real line drawn in the sand 30 years ago is it? It’s not like the rest of the Country actually wemt out of their ****ing way to continually drag anyone’s name through the mud. It’s not like it’s STILL going on or anything, is it?

Disgusting, abhorrent, racist club supported by Norwegians who killed their own. Who act like the Country’s against them somehow, even when there’s only a whole ****ing stack of evidence going back 30 years to back up that claim. 

Not surprised no one wants us to win the League! 

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

Henderson and Milner are cloggers.

Klopp has to integrate and trust Keita and Fabinho or improve on them. Trusting Henderson and Milner might cost Liverpool.

It's case by case.  It was also a hell of a December.  We had a harder December than anyone save for maybe Watford.

Ultimately that midfield would've gotten us a result had Mane had any kind of touch or awareness.

Obviously I think Fabinho gets most of the reps as the 6.  Keita will play when he's ready.

Robbo didn't play until around this time last year.  Klopp knows what he's doing.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, Long n Left said:

None of the FA games on tv here. Have to buy ESPN+. Oh well, I’ll just be getting out of Dr’s office right around kickoff, I’ll find a stream somewhere.

FA Cup is usually on Fox Sports.

They lost out on the FA Cup and Champions League this year.  CL is on TNT which was crazy to me.  I watched more than a couple of CL games in spanish this year as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

They lost out on the FA Cup and Champions League this year.  CL is on TNT which was crazy to me.  I watched more than a couple of CL games in spanish this year as well.

Me too, because I don't have TNT but I can get Univision by antenna.

I've been paying the 2.99 per match to watch the other Barca fixtures so far, and in the Barca Spurs game (which meant nothing to Barca but everything to Spurs), one of the pair commenting was some ex US player (I think), and the other was Steve Nash.

Yes, the basketball player.

As you say, crazy.

I longed for Spanish. Probably should have hit mute. Geez.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techboy said:

Me too, because I don't have TNT but I can get Univision by antenna.

I've been paying the 2.99 per match to watch the other Barca fixtures so far, and in the Barca Spurs game (which meant nothing to Barca but everything to Spurs), one of the pair commenting was some ex US player (I think), and the other was Steve Nash.

Yes, the basketball player.

As you say, crazy.

I longed for Spanish. Probably should have hit mute. Geez.

Steve Nash played soccer and is very knowledgeable they didn’t just pick s random ex NBA player. He knows the game better than most American ex pros I’ve heard do commentary. 

37 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Steve Nash played soccer and is very knowledgeable they didn’t just pick s random ex NBA player. He knows the game better than most American ex pros I’ve heard do commentary. 

That's a low bar. And yes, he seems to have a passion for the sport, and even owns part of a Segunda division team in Spain, apparently.

It's still like getting a very knowledgeable fan, instead of an ex pro or coach.

And, in fact, he's a huge Spurs fan. To his credit, he was very impartial, except when his partner basically goaded him into revealing his feelings.

Either way, I didn't feel I got anything useful from that broadcast.

10 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

He's a spuds fan though so his opinion is irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

He's a spuds fan though so his opinion is irrelevant.  

Finding a famous Chelsea fan willing to do color commentary for one of his team’s games shouldn’t be too difficult, but they needed someone for a Champions League game so...

Yanno I almost want to win the FA Cup more tham anything this year.

It’d be so fitting the 30th anny as we near the end of this horrendous fight with the prosecutions starting next week.(Which we’ll leave WELL alone ta so as not to risk prejudicing anything they could use against the family’s.).

As for any one calling themselves a L’pool ‘supporter’ who dismisses the Cup/ doesn’t want to be in it et al ..... my contempt for you couldn’t be higher.

Up the 96 reason’s to ALWAYS try win the Cup Reds!

Hail.

• Thanks 1