Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/328824-joe-gomez-injury-latest-liverpool

Crud. Smarts given there’s been no better CH in the PL this season. Big Virg included. And now we’re down to three.

On the flip side, it could have been a LOT worse and now we get him back well rested for the second half title/ European Cup push. For every negative and all that .....

Plus you’re a lot less worried now given the strength both Alisson and van Dijk have added back there. Along with Fabinho really starting to come to the fore of late protecting in front. 

That’s football. Next man up! 

We’ll muddle through sound with Lovren, who was better than big Virg or anyone else back there the second half of last aeason alongside the Dutchman, and Matip, until JMG’s back tearing it up again.

Hail.

*Edit* 

Presume that will open the door for Clyne to come back in from the cold too now to allow Trent to rest when needed? 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 1

If selected, James Milner’s 500th pro game today. 

Aside from him being well arguably L’pool’s top freebie, I’m struggling to think of many better free signings anywhere ever. Really can’t be understated just how vitally important he’s been on and off the park through the Klopp revolution in particular. 

I’ll happily hold my hands up and say I never wanted him. But then you never properly understand just what a great professional James is until you have him at your club. Boss leader the changies who leads by example with his ridiculous work ethic. Always talking and organising on the park. A guy you can slot in any position and not only have him not conplain, but have him do it as well as just about anyone. Consumate passer of the football with a great webb on him and engine. His super football intelligence and veraatility make him invaluable. A really underated, top professional. 

Been a boss 4 years. Here’s to the next 4 of our ageless #7.

Loving the chance to play first for once and ask all the questions of City at tea-time.

Same again after the last two picture perfect aways. 3- 0/1.

Up the table topping Reds!

Hail.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FrFan said:

According to De Telegraf De Jong will sign with the evil empire (€75 mil) :wacko:

Wow, FFP? Rumors had him going to Barca, but that could just be that always accurate Spanish media.

Think de Ligt will be the better of the two, but Frankie has worlds of talent as well.

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329192-confirmed-team-news-liverpool-bournemouth

I make that Fabinho RB showing his intelligence and versatility. Finding solutions. And madly some Reds still doubt the strength (another 5 changes) of this group. SMH.

Into these Redmen. Top spot beckons!

Hail.

Exactly the side I was thinking. Feeling a Naby breakthrough today, he bossed Burnley.

Tough spot, but Bournemouth hurting as well. I’ll take a 2-1, Keïta and Shaq. Late Bournemouth goal to **** with the heart some more.

on a completely different note. Stayed up last night to watch the Maryland Terrapins put up their 4th consecutive clean sheet this 2018 NCAA Championship, and beat #2 Indiana, 2-0. They play Akron in the Championship Sunday evening 8 EST.

They played what many pundits called the toughest college soccer schedule ever, got off to a very poor (by UM standards) start, but have strung together the four straight shutouts to put them on the verge of their 4th National Championship.

Fear the Turtle!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Wow, FFP? Rumors had him going to Barca, but that could just be that always accurate Spanish media.

Think de Ligt will be the better of the two, but Frankie has worlds of talent as well.

Evil empire is pissed off about rumors from L'equipe (the only  sport paper), because they keep on talking FFP and make everybody believe PSG will be forced to trade Neymar or Mbappé. This sports newspaper has a monopoly so the owners think they're entitled to say anything they want. I would use it to collect my pet poop.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

In terms of de Jong, I think the connection to Barca is because they've expressed interest, he seems to be perfect style wise, and he has told the Dutch media that he's obsessed with Barca and Messi.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/de-jong-is-devoted-to-barca-and-messi-6944715

Barca has insane resources, of course, so it's an easy connection to make.

What I have read recently, though, is that the wage offers from Bayern, City, and PSG have been about twice that of Barca, and of course Barca also has an insane wage bill, and De Ligt is a more pressing need.

There's also chatter that they can have Rabiot on a free.

I'd imagine that for de Jong, taking double the money and watching Barca from the couch in Berlin or Paris wouldn't be too painful an option.

Good battle this in absolutely horrid conditions. Albeit with an off-side goal seperating the sides. Keep being impressed by Brooks the more I see of him. One to potentially bare in mind with the impending Brexit bollocks. Working exceptionally hard to deny us space along with his attacking ability.

Keep working Reds. Win the battles. Wear them down. Your superior talent will take care of the rest.

Hail.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Good battle this in absolutely horrid conditions. Albeit with an off-side goal seperating the sides. Keep being impressed by Brooks the more I see of him. One to potentially bare in mind with the impending Brexit bollocks. Working exceptionally hard to deny us space along with his attacking ability.

Keep working Reds. Win the battles. Wear them down. Your superior talent will take care of the rest.

Hail.

Okay, so I was wrong. Mo with a b——, hatty then.

Hendo for Shaqiri soon please Jurgen.

Agreed, Brooks looks a player.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Well done Redmen. Superb early avvi’s work in ugly conditions

Third superb, picture perfect away display in a row. 2nd in a row I’ve missed. I should stay home more often. #takingonefortheteam Haha.

Mo Salah double digit league goals just into December. #poorseasondrophim #selfishbtard #oneseasonwonder #peopleareFmorons

Bobby’s new belter getting another great airing #SiSenor

Over to City .....

’Libpool, Top the League, Libpool Libpool Top the League!’

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 1

I don’t expect loads of thanks from Liverpool fans but I turned the game on 2 minutes before the Kante goal....nbd. Everyone was talking about how city was playing us off the park to start but as soon as I turned on that tv it was Chelsea advantage. 

I dont want want to take credit for it but...maybe I do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I don’t expect loads of thanks from Liverpool fans but I turned the game on 2 minutes before the Kante goal....nbd. Everyone was talking about how city was playing us off the park to start but as soon as I turned on that tv it was Chelsea advantage. 

I dont want want to take credit for it but...maybe I do?

I make you an hounary lid.

Go forth fellow lid and get absolutely balooned celebrating! 

You did GOOD! 👊

Hail.

• Like 2

So Messi scored this insane free kick goal... https://streamja.com/1Znr# (bonus excited French guy commenter)

The next free kick, the goalkeeper (understandably) cheated a little to that corner, so Messi did this: https://streamja.com/9zrr#

Poor guy froze.

In between, Messi did this to assist while literally falling down in the middle surrounded by two, then three defenders: https://streamja.com/ayMB# (bonus: sweet move by Dembele to score at end with off foot)

Not pictured: losing the ball and tracking back 50 meters at a full sprint to win it back.

I think he might have been a little annoyed at being named 5th best player in the world and then by Pele's little jab. 😊

Poor Espanyol.

• Like 1

Just now, FanboyOf91 said:

Eh, destroying Espanyol is motivation enough, they've always been vicious scumbags to Barca.

There's definitely a bitter rivalry there, going back to the beginning. Barcelona is a touchstone of Catalan culture, especially under the repression of Franco, and Espanyol, as the name implies, was literally founded as a Spanish alternative in the Catalan capital.

Still, he didn't go "angry Messi" in the other derbies I've seen, at least like this. I guess it also might have been that they were kicking at him without cards all game.

• Like 1