Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

17 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Hopefully, he, Pulisic, and Sargent will lead the attack for the USMNT for the next 5-10 years, and avert the disaster of this past WC qualifying.

10+ at their ages. Bundesliga is always fun to watch, but especially to get some more looks at Sargent this year, be interesting to see how much time he gets at Bremen. Weah could be good but he's got more to go before he gets many first team minutes, especially on PSG.... I like how he plays.

Klopp there after the open training session in Charlotte, NC, taking the players up into the stand hugging, plaughing and joking with the support. 

You just couldn’t imagine any other manager swerving the security to do that and give our American friends that moment and memory they’ll never forget. What it’s ALL about. 

Absolutely different class that fella’. 

Hail.

4 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

10+ at their ages. Bundesliga is always fun to watch, but especially to get some more looks at Sargent this year, be interesting to see how much time he gets at Bremen. Weah could be good but he's got more to go before he gets many first team minutes, especially on PSG.... I like how he plays.

4 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Zach Steffen just moved to Europe too(?). Miazga still at Chelsea? Ben Lederman at Barca just turned 18.

Bayern has a couple young USA eligibles in their first team or u19s too.

Efrain Alvarez grew up in LA galaxy system but went to Mexico u19? Maybe we can get him to switch back before he’s a full International. Word is no one from Federation approached him. Took t for granted that he would go USMNT. 

4 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Hopefully, he, Pulisic, and Sargent will lead the attack for the USMNT for the next 5-10 years, and avert the disaster of this past WC qualifying.

I'm crossing my fingers, I think this new group of 18-20 yr olds have a chance to be pretty good.  

There was nothing clinical about his goal today but he showed some good strength and balance for an 18-year-old, most that age would have been muscled off the ball in that situation.

14 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

14 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Chris Richards made his debut for Bayern today.

Edited by Elessar78

Ironically, after posting about Kiev over the page and our unique fan culture, there’s another absolutely cringe worthy gem from City, who have none, after the embarrassment of last years CL quarter:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manchester-city-have-sent-bags-of-confetti-to-season-ticket-holders-ahead-of-the-new-season-191008

Absolute embarrasssing laughing stock 

Nevwr have been a big club. Never will be.

Hail.

Really fancying Arsenal to return to the top 4 considering not only the bounce of a new manager and fanbase that has no option but to be bouncing and supportive after finally getting what they wanted. But they’re the only club, along with ourselves, who’s got their business done early with the window shut in less than three weeks.

’Spurs are in a wholly mess with most all their top XI in question the start the season after all going so deep the WC. Not to mention not a single move the market. Chelsea are just weird. Hell knows what’s going on there? And Utd, as yet, have done nottin’ to inspire anyone with time running out.

With most everyone there all pre-season having that major jump on rivals for a chance at a quick, solid start, I’m liking Arsenal’s chances of being one of the four again this term.

17 hours ago, Long n Left said:

You doubtless won’t have seen it being at the ground but Klopp was gushing about Pulisic again last night. Telling yer lid, be it this summer or next he’s only going one place. 

He also confirmed this will probably be the last pre-season he puts out two different XI’s each half. So you guys will get to see a good mixture of 22 players. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Klopp there after the open training session in Charlotte, NC, taking the players up into the stand hugging, plaughing and joking with the support. 

You just couldn’t imagine any other manager swerving the security to do that and give our American friends that moment and memory they’ll never forget. What it’s ALL about. 

Absolutely different class that fella’. 

Hail.

First is Klopp coming over to ask us to not bother the players for selfies, and they’ll come up in the stands to take a group photo. Absolutely boss!

Second, the bloke who sat just in front of me!

Klopp walking off donning a Charlotte Reds scarf. Couldn’t get my phone out quick enough to get him holding it up.

Last, Big Virge’s signature on my new shirt. Tapped him on the shoulder and asked, he said, “um, no, we’re not supposed to...ah, okay, give it to me quick.” As if I didn’t love that guy enough already!

EAA9F1F4-A5B0-4738-99D7-80A5D7B26BE1.jpeg

16B5C3B8-FBD7-4563-87CB-567097F7F682.jpeg

0F732552-34A9-42DF-814A-9ECCC0AC14B6.jpeg

CF20F7D0-23DC-4EA0-8874-EC6C649FB471.jpeg

913EC6B1-E10D-4471-A1CB-36525749555A.MOV

One for GHH!

1137ED87-E313-48E5-B666-36FBD7DA5798.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome @Long n Left

I bet Atko never sat down the whole night? Mad, manic btard haha. 

Klopp made a point about the scarf the club channel after the session had ended when Fowler was skitting him for wearing a scarf the heat ..... No no, this is boss. Charlotte Reds. Just been given it ..... and he took it off, turned it around until he found the words, then held it up the camera beaming. He was also joking about the security guys hating him haha.

This is what these tours are ALL about. LOVE that you guys get to experience this and have these memories for ever.

Hail.

*Edit* And you got to see ‘The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!’ Up close too.

Your life is now complete mate. Award winning photie that!

*Double Edit* Frame that shirt now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Boss time with these lads last night! Tons of fun, thanks for the heads up to go GHH! 

Chatted with Gareth a moment afterwards, great bloke.

Fun time at the Wrap for sure... the more drunk I got and he more drunk the boys on stage got, the less I could make out.  Needed a Scouse to American English translator.  ?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, dchogs said:

Fun time at the Wrap for sure... the more drunk I got and he more drunk the boys on stage got, the less I could make out.  Needed a Scouse to American English translator.  ?

You need me on speed dial.:rofl89:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/tour-2018/308353-liverpool-team-news-borussia-dortmund?__twitter_impression=true

Hail:

26 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Seriously it reminds me of crossing guards, the purple is fine but tone down the back font color.

Puli with 2 and an assist, he's gonna be expensive next year.

His contract is up in 2020 so iif they don’t get him re-sign he’ll be going well under value next summer. If he’s not gone before this window is it, 

Is the MLS officiating as bad as that? Deary me. That penalty ..... Pulisic just knocks it too far then throws himself at Klavan. Amateur hour officiating. Excellent second goal from him though. Even if the defending was non-existent,  Same the third. He done well but Moreno needlessly lunges in after doing the hard part. And the less said on Karius the better. 

The Amerixan referee, and Moreno and Karius aside, I quite enjoyed that. Sorry for the guys there they didn’t get to see a win but there was a lot of positives among the poor late defending. Second half in particular. 

Onto NJ Thursday.

Hail. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Is the MLS officiating as bad as that?

I don't watch much MLS (or football in general besides Nat team games, just not enough time) but CONCACAF refs are notoriously bad but I'm speaking of the ones who do the national team games.

I agree it was a weak call, based on some of your posts I've read I think we have similar ideas on what should and shouldn't be a penalty, I'm old school and hate the way players constantly lobby for penalties.

My favorite part of that penalty wasn't the fact he made it but how he grabbed the ball and made it clear he was taking it, that may seem silly to those of you from Europe but we don't see that kind of confidence too often from Americans.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ironically, after posting about Kiev over the page and our unique fan culture, there’s another absolutely cringe worthy gem from City, who have none, after the embarrassment of last years CL quarter:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manchester-city-have-sent-bags-of-confetti-to-season-ticket-holders-ahead-of-the-new-season-191008

Absolute embarrasssing laughing stock 

Nevwr have been a big club. Never will be.

Hail.

Sometimes I wonder if the first 5 rows at Old Trafford and the emptyhad are the same people in different jerseys.

41 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

His contract is up in 2020 so iif they don’t get him re-sign he’ll be going well under value next summer. If he’s not gone before this window is it, 

Is the MLS officiating as bad as that? Deary me. That penalty ..... Pulisic just knocks it too far then throws himself at Klavan. Amateur hour officiating. Excellent second goal from him though. Even if the defending was non-existent,  Same the third. He done well but Moreno needlessly lunges in after doing the hard part. And the less said on Karius the better. 

The Amerixan referee, and Moreno and Karius aside, I quite enjoyed that. Sorry for the guys there they didn’t get to see a win but there was a lot of positives among the poor late defending. Second half in particular. 

Onto NJ Thursday.

Hail. 

Over a penalty in a friendly game really? Don't do this to yourself it's bad for ya. 

On 7/21/2018 at 3:10 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Nice choice in clubs mate. As much as I’m a staunch Rangers man, you couldn’t have picked any better or bigger in terms of history and unique fan culture. 

Welcome to the beautiful game. 

Hail.

Thank ya! And since you were so nice in welcoming me, I figured I'd leave this:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Onto NJ Thursday.

Hail. 

Here’s a few pics from the game/warmup yesterday. Curtis, who looks the deal, Clyne, Robbo, Lallana, and his new skunk-do, and the obligatory Joe MF Gomez!

Yeah, my seats were pretty nice! ?

Officiating was very questionable, thought the AR my side gave two offside that looked even to me. One he was way out of position too high up the pitch to make the call. The pen was a bad call, but the American golden boy was gonna get the calls, just what it is.

Told my wife start of the second half that with Klavan and Moreno on, Pulisic May have a field day. Thought young Nat looked the part, was pretty composed, and showed no fear. Gomez looked excellent next to Virg, and I’m guessing he’ll soon be number 3 CB, if he isn’t already. Is there a softer big guy than Matip? Ming boggling. Origi looks lost, Solanke needs a loan out and regular time, and I pray Danny stays fit, will provide quality cover for Bobby, if so.

Biggest thing I took away from yesterday is a MASSIVE man crush on Naby. Dude is electric! All over the pitch, quick, decisive, creative, there’s not enough adjectives! Can’t wait to see him with that front three. Be striking fear into any defense.

Cant wait for Michigan, where word is Salah and Mane will get time, and hope to get a Power Cube sighting as well. 

****ing boss weekend, and awesome to meet up with dchogs. Had a blast! Oh, and I’m bouncing round somewhere in bar area over the lads left shoulder, the video on the Echo website of us singing “Allez, Allez, Allez”!

D62B1767-33EA-445E-901E-D245EAFB482B.jpeg

9469DC70-8D0E-4F00-BFB7-AD9B00DF9262.jpeg

1BEACF62-1BFE-476F-9AC2-39F281D5CDA1.jpeg

31AA3142-1540-40C0-88E9-2615903EF996.jpeg

ED269F7C-94E0-4DA7-80EB-977822076436.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It was a great weekend in Charlotte. Fun meeting up with Long n Left and his family, fun being surrounded by fellow Reds (the city was VERY Red), and fun to watch Liverpool in person.  My wife is already talking about doing it all at Anfield sometime soon.  

The penalty was so soft, the second goal was pretty, and the third should have never been. 

Still, a wonderful weekend in the Queen City-- great weather, a fun down town area, and good to be with so many other Reds.  I'm used to being in the minority.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dchogs @Long n Left

Thanks for the posts guys. Made up you had such a brilliant time together. Just a pity the Reds didn’t get the win for you. (If Ojo hadn’t missed that sitter when Daniel put him through I’m sure you would have.). I didn’t really want to post anything as it was you guys day but a few observations:

I really enjoyed the game save for the terible late ‘defending’ and the abysmal officiating. (They were onside @Long n Left. Klopp was going mad. As he was all game. Friendly my pasty white ass! He wanted that one BAD!).

Main positives:

You guys. The pictures and the stories coming back the past few days of most every place in down town Charlotte being wall-to-wall Red was incredible to see. Webster over on a Boss night gig getting everyone singing- Think you’d of been at the TAW gig elsewhere L n L? And then 55 bloody thousand tip up yesterday for the match. Absolutely awesome passion and I can’t speak highly enough of you all. NEVER let anyone tell you you aren’t appreciated for your dedication over here. Top Reds one and all. And all part of the ‘family.’ Again, made up you got to experience what I take for granted. 

The first half defending was great. Even if the action was pretty ‘meh.’ Clyne continuing his great return pre-season (no worries there him playing opening day) and Joe and big Virge looking solid as, as L n L noted. Love how Fabinho just drops in and covers as well. And Robo’s ball for the big lads goal ..... 

Markovic tried his best following on from Blackburn which was a big upturn for him. Maybe .....

Jones is going to be a heck of a player in a year or two. 

I’m trying SO hard not to fall in love with Sturridge again as you’re sadly just waiting for the injury. But man is he really dedicating himself and looking superb. I think they’re thinking if they can ride him off the bench for one more season then hopefully this time next year Brewster will be ready and Daniel can have his one last decent money move.

Thought Woodburn looked far more sturdy. Starting to looked mature and composed. Best game this summer without doing anything spectacular. 

I’ll leave Keita or we’ll be here all night. The rest of the PL. You’ve been put on notice! BOOM!!!!!

And Camacho added another very good half this summer. Some of the balls he was putting in were just begging someone to attack them. Which leads us to the .....

Negarives.

Origi and Solanke continuing their abysmal pre-season and playing themselves out of the club. Origi was just woeful. And not interested which is totally unacceptable. Klopp was ranting at him something bad. How Dom missed the header I don’t know but for someone needing to make an impression he’s the furthest thing from that these games. 

Moreno continues to be Moreno. Braindead. He had Pulisic boxed off the third. Then dives in when there’s no need and gets beat. He’ll NEVER change.

And the biggest problem of all .....

In trying to do the right thing and stand by him from the human aspect, Klopp is aiding destroying Karius to being unsaveable if he’s not careful. It’s heart wrenching watching a guy break down in front of your very eyes but the lads, understandably, a complete and utter nervous wreck. His head is that kettled he’s making such basic errors he never would. Yesterday was just another ‘can the ground open up and swallow me’ faux pas. and he was dead lucky to get away with the one 3 minutes in the Dortmund lad should have scored from.  And then you get the low life ****bags on Social Media attacking him left and right again last night. 

Honestly, I’d rather Grabara, Kelleher or both play the remaining two games the States. Karius needs taking COMPLETELY out of the limelight. He’s made his position almost untenable now. It’s cruel to the lad to prolong this.

Good workout. Should have won comfortably. Didn’t. Lost nothing. Onto NJ and CIty.

Hail.

*Edit* Almost forgot ..... Don’t care what anyone says. That kit ROCKS! 

• Like 1