Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Give the tournament a B+. Terrible, boring first round, with the exception of the Germany Mexico Sweden South Korea, where all the games were classics. It was interesting to see the big boys -- Brazil, Germany and Argentina -- fall flat on their faces early. England was a nice story, Croatia was a nice story. France were a deserving champion. Not a particularly memorable World Cup, but a few highlights here and there. 

Now that this abortion of wc cycle is complete I’d like to once more tell Bradley Dempsey altidore Gonzales etc etc to eat a bag of ****. 

France just won another wc.  And you ****ing donkeys couldn’t beat Trinidad.

So so enjoy you millions and easy road in mls.  I hope you all tear your all and end up dead in a gutter. 

• Thanks 1

I think it’s been a brilliant tournament. Brilliant goals. Nearly a record number of them. Dead exciting games. Awesome crowds, Hell, half of South America tipped up. The atmosphere right across Russia has been fantastic. Shocks, had it all. And then there’s VAR and the officiating  .....

Such a shame to have the final decided by two shocking decisions Frances first two goals. Which is in keeping with most they’ve F up the tournament.

Russia can rightly be proud of hosting an excellent WC.

Hail.

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Now that this abortion of wc cycle is complete I’d like to once more tell Bradley Dempsey altidore Gonzales etc etc to eat a bag of ****. 

So so enjoy you millions and easy road in mls.  I hope you all tear your all and end up dead in a gutter. 

Its ok bro. The Caps are Stanley Cup Champions. The world is a good place.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Its ok bro. The Caps are Stanley Cup Champions. The world is a good place.

Yes.  Yes it is.  I’m going to be fine watching the Skins limp to a 6-10 record.  The Nats choke etc. 

the Caps winning will go a long way. 

But Us soccer is a separate thing to me. 

Congrats FrF.

You didn’t deserve the win today. Croatia outplayed yers all game. Both your first two goals should never have stood. But you have won and that’s what the record books will show and all anyone will remember so congratulations man. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

15 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

VAR decides the WC final. 

The one black mark on arguably the best ever WC for me. Been a sham most the tournament. 

Hail.

Totally disagree, the stats are clear VAR took the officiating to like 99.6%. It was NOT over used, reviews were done quickly and efficiently, it didn’t interfere with the pace of the game.

I’m not sure how the VAR decided this final, subtract the handball, AND the Griezmann flop and France STILL wins.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Totally disagree, the stats are clear VAR took the officiating to like 99.6%. It was NOT over used, reviews were done quickly and efficiently, it didn’t interfere with the pace of the game.

I’m not sure how the VAR decided this final, subtract the handball, AND the Griezmann flop and France STILL wins.

How does that work? No free kick the first goal. No penalty the second. 

Now unles my my maths is screwy 2 from 4 ...... 

Hail.

I say that because this past generation of US players could have made a real run.  If they had all stayed in Europe on teams that forced them to improve and fight for time.  But they took easy money and fame and it cost the National team.  So **** them. 

Their failure is epic. And it’s a footnote in the states because most people don’t follow it like I do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Sad but true.

Croatia with a population of the state of Kentucky reaches the WC final and us at 350,000,000 can’t beat a Caribbean island nation. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How does that work? No free kick the first goal. No penalty the second. 

Now unles my my maths is screwy 2 from 4 ...... 

Hail.

LoL! No worries, forgot about Lloris’ muck up

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Congrats FrF.

You didn’t deserve the win today. Croatia outplayed yers all game. Both your first two goals should never have stood. But you have won and that’s what the record books will show and all anyone will remember so congratulations man. 

Hail.

No PK ! Let me strongly disagree as the VAR showed it, lucky the Croatian didn't get a card for his intentional hand.

What about LLoris blunder ? We've been screwed up by the refs so many times in the past, remember 1978, 1982, 1996  just to name a few? ;)

Edited by FrFan

33 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Lets not drag this to fitter levels and wish people dead hey mate?

Come on bro’. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Gutter levels.

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Lets not drag this to fitter levels and wish people dead hey mate?

Come on bro’. 

Hail. 

Hyperbole.  

Bad hyperbole admittedly.  But no.  I don’t REALLY wish them dead.  

I just never ever want them to wear a us kit again 

4 minutes ago, FrFan said:

No PK ! Let me strongly disagree as the VAR showed it, lucky the Croatian didn't get a card for his intentional hand.

What about LLoris blunder ? We've been screwed up by the refs so many times in the past, remember 1978, 1982 ? ;)

Mate. Slow it right down you’ll give anything. At normal game speed, how he should be viewing it back, there’s no way he can get his hand out the way and there’s no way that’s a penalty on anything other than a false, slowed down perception. It’s supposed to ‘clear and obvious’ to even go to a VAR look. You’re not a novice footie fan. You know there was nottin clear and obvious about that .

Hail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Mate. Slow it right down you’ll give anything. At normal game speed, how he should be viewing it back, there’s no way he can get his hand out the way and there’s no way that’s a penalty on anything other than a false, slowed down perception. It’s supposed to ‘clear and obvious’ to even go to a VAR look. You’re not a novice footie fan. You know there was nottin clear and obvious about that .

Hail.

Sorry he knows the rule in the box, arms shall not be extended, so even if the ball hits you there is no PK whatsoever. He extended his arms he took the risk he paid for it. By the way Perisic goal was deflected by Varane.

• Like 1