Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

6 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Conte has always been out so that's not really news.  Willian is most likely to leave.

Hazard and Kante not for sale according to the most relevant twitter heads on Chelsea side.  With a new manager in Sarri incoming I am sure he has been given reassurance that the two most important players on the team are staying. Especially considering both of them have multiple years on their contracts left. 

I have a hard time seeing Kante going but imo Hazard was auditioning during this WC. Ironic considering if Chelsea didn't guarantee CL football by winning the competition Hazard is playing for City or United, or Madrid by way of United right now. Can't blame him for wanting to play in the CL though. 

30 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Looks like Real Madrid just squashed any Neymar/PSG rumors. So at least that question is answered.

Hazard has been on their radar for years. Getting the feeling he's kinda over Chelsea at this point. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307046-xherdan-shaqiri-liverpool-fc-transfer-complete

Get in! 

The more I’ve thought about this and looked at him more closely the past month or so since the links hotted up, the more I think on the sly he can be every bit as effective as Fekir. Perfect player for Klopp to do what he does and bring out the best of him consistently. Knowing the manager wanted him since he signed for Munich way back when totally allays any attitude problems to my mind.

To add them both as seems likely will be fantastic.

Hail.

Great bit of business this. Excellent cover for the front 3, and could be a super sub when needed.

I hope he makes the flight statesward so I can give him a proper welcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

I have a hard time seeing Kante going but imo Hazard was auditioning during this WC. Ironic considering if Chelsea didn't guarantee CL football by winning the competition Hazard is playing for City or United, or Madrid by way of United right now. Can't blame him for wanting to play in the CL though. 

Hazard has been on their radar for years. Getting the feeling he's kinda over Chelsea at this point. 

The rumors are that zizou is the one who wanted hazard. The club would never budge and get him they wanted asensio to take over when Ronaldo left. Now that zizou is gone it would be strange for them to pursue hazard. 

Hazard has 2 years on his contract. If they want him, they will have to offer close to 200m to get him. Otherwise they wait until he is 29 and in the twilight of his career.  

No matter what I am a chelsea fan first. It will be hard to see hazard leave. I just can’t see it happening when we have a new manager and are going to add a few attacking pieces. If he does go though, he is my favorite player and I will root for him against everyone but Chels! 

This just in...Raheem Sterling still can’t finish.

I’m thinking he has photos of Southgate doing a sheep or something. He’s sucked eggs all tournament with Vardy and Rashford on the bench.

He is fast tho...

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, FrFan said:

..... Shaqiri to LFC, WTH ?

Absolute buttons (£13 million) for a top draw, difference making talent and what this manager can do to motivate said talent to consistent levels and improve him with his coaching .....

Absolute no-brainier. 

Throw in Klopp’s coveted him since he was at Bayern and Dortmund, and the rest of the Bundesliga wanted him. Along with Shaqiri turning down what I’ve no doubt was a bounty of offers (the widely reported Lazio one the last few days for example. Which would have been an easy, guaranteed starting option for him), as he only wanted to sign one place (which he did when L’pool first went for him from Munich back in 2014 but Bayern wouldn’t sell); and everything just fits perfectly. 

Not often you get a chance to bag a highly talented, highly experienced, 70 odd cap 26-year-old for peanuts. 

I can see him being as productive as Fekir, presuming that’s revived as everything points to after tomorrow, will be playing under this manager the way his L’pool play.

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

..... .

Not sure why I sat and watched it this evening but a pretty non-descript friendly at Bury today in mad heat. (I was done the road at Accrington melting away so I can testify to that.). 0-0.

Still on the two different teams a half kick, but Karius got an extended 60 minutes. Klopps nothing if not consistent. People FIRST Player second. Ward is slated for similar Blackburn Thursday before they fly out to the States. Couple off the line from Bury and a blinding save from Woodburn but in truth it wasn’t too clever save for another good training exercise with no injurie

Shout outs to Rafa Camacho, young Curtis Jones, Clyne and Lallana, again, Gomez and Fabinho/ Keita. The rest pretty much meh with Origi in particular continuing to disappoint for his size. 

Camacho, this time in his more natural advanced position after his very good display Tranmere, again showing why they chased him hard from Barcelona through City as he continues development. Jones looking like he just fits at every level/ challenge out in front of him. Clyne’s third very good half in a row. Couldn’t come at a better time with Trent missing the start of the season. Lallana the best player the park again for me. That’s how you approach a friendly. Perfect touch already. Good work rate. Quick tempo. An example to everyone and a reminder of just how talented he is to those that have forgot in his abscence. Fabinho as elegant and tactically savvy as his first two games. Dropping in that deep to be a classic looking Liverpool and then taking that to the next level striding forward. With Naby doing more Naby things all over the pitch. Real pest. Hell of a pairing those two are going to be and they compliment each other so well.

Wouldn’t normally be too bothered with exhibition kick-arounds but with the WC messing selections up and this bizarre early start to the season, now just 4 weeks away, every second of these games are vital. Need to hit the ground running with 12 out of 12 those first 10% of games before the first break.

Oh yeah, Alby’s still a brain dead clown. Played a backpass straight to their forward. Who rounded Karius but run out of pitch. JUST what the German didn’t need FFS Moreno!

Hail.

14 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Oh yeah, Alby’s still a brain dead clown. Played a backpass straight to their forward. Who rounded Karius but run out of pitch. JUST what the German didn’t need FFS Moreno!

Hail.

Alby just gonna Alby. Can’t help himself. Wish we had had a stud LB coming up, be nice to get £10-15 from some Spanish side for Alby.

Sounds like Origi and Solanke are having so-so starts, but Danny is up and running. I’d guess a loan for Solanke might do him good, and as good as Danny can be, can we trust him, or do we take what we can get? Origi is the baffler. Talent galore, head nowhere...I’d almost be willing to give him a chance this season, and if he does well, sell him next window. Don’t think you’d get much for him now.

What about Brewster? When is he due to start training? He and Curtis look like the real deal. Can’t wait to see some of the kids here on the 22nd and 28th. Hoping I’ll get to see both Ward and Karius my 2 games also.

Getting the house decked out for the week. Gotta let the lads know how big they are even in North Carolina! I’ll post a pic.

oh yeah, been promised a ticket to the training session Saturday evening. Hope we get to interact a little with the guys. Love to get Big Virg to sign my new shirt!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Alby just gonna Alby. Can’t help himself. Wish we had had a stud LB coming up, be nice to get £10-15 from some Spanish side for Alby.

Sounds like Origi and Solanke are having so-so starts, but Danny is up and running. I’d guess a loan for Solanke might do him good, and as good as Danny can be, can we trust him, or do we take what we can get? Origi is the baffler. Talent galore, head nowhere...I’d almost be willing to give him a chance this season, and if he does well, sell him next window. Don’t think you’d get much for him now.

What about Brewster? When is he due to start training? He and Curtis look like the real deal. Can’t wait to see some of the kids here on the 22nd and 28th. Hoping I’ll get to see both Ward and Karius my 2 games also.

Brewsters a few months off apparently. 

We we do have some promising LB’s. Adam Lewis. The Colombian lad we signed January and loaned out for the work permy. Just gonna’ take time. 

Still think Alisson will be in our net for a serious title change opening day but we’ll see.

Hail.

*Edit* Famcy Croatia here in a tight one.

’Luck Degsy lad. Yer best CH the World yer! ;)

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Great. First goal a direct result of a dive.

All the talk about how great this WC has been, but I’ll remember it for all the diving and embellishment. Thanks FIFA for training your referees to eliminate that **** from the game.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Great. First goal a direct result of a dive.

All the talk about how great this WC has been, but I’ll remember it for all the diving and embellishment. Thanks FIFA for training your referees to eliminate that **** from the game.

EXACTLY my thoughts!!!