Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

@Long n Left

Finished 3-2 to the Reds. Much less intense half the second half team than the first under pinned by two horrible mistakes. The first from the worst possible man .....

Pluses: Clyne again looking like the pre-injury Clyne. Great to have him back. Joe solid again back at centre half. Wilson and Woodburn did their claims no harm. The latter looking very tidy in a deep lying playmaker role. And Danny looking as silky as ever. But I refuse to get excited there as we know he’s made of glass sadly. And the first decent offer from a club that fits for him he’ll be gone anyways.

And the bad was BAD ..... 

Karius. Sighs. Just what he didn’t need. Poor distribution straight to them. And then he goes and spills a simple free kick straight to the Tranie forward for a tap in. The very LAST thing he needed after Kiev. Lads confidence, naturally, looks shot. I just don’t see any way he can start the season with any degree of confidence in him. Alisson needs boxing off ASAP. And Chirivella, filling in at CH again , played the ball straight to their forward for a sloppy second.

Mixed but good extended training work-out all things considered. 

Onto Bury Sat’day for the next step up. Really like the balance L’pool have got here the last few years between helping out the local clubs with the early domestic friendles and then earning the big bucks abroad. Gives the young fans a chance to see us locally too live. Throw in giving all the gate receipts to Chester last Sat’day and the club are doing these right.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

18 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Congrats @FrFan

I don’t have a clue how you’re in the final under that antwacky bellend Deschamps. But yers are so congrats and all the best Sunday.

Hail.

Deschamps is known over here for his luck (draw, opponents), today he coached well he got all the pieces to shutdown Belgium. Kanté and Matuidi on Hazard and DeBruyne, Varane playing like I never seen him before taking care of Lukaku. You know no one yet can stop Mbappé, and Giroud oh Lord ! how many scoring opportunities did he miss ?

Now one more step left and also the harder. The arrogants sports medias already claiming this thing is ours ! It seems they have a very short memory and don't remember the last Euro. It's Deschamps job to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Props to Gregory Dupont fitness and conditioning trainer who's been doing a fantastic job, but doesn't get the credit

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Deschamps is known over here for his luck (draw, opponents), today he coached well he got all the pieces to shutdown Belgium. Kanté and Matuidi on Hazard and DeBruyne, Varane playing like I never seen him before taking care of Lukaku. You know no one yet can stop Mbappé, and Giroud oh Lord ! how many scoring opportunities did he miss ?

Now one more step left and also the harder. The arrogants sports medias already claiming this thing is ours ! It seems they have a very short memory and don't remember the last Euro. It's Deschamps job to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Ta for the run down. Seen nothing as the Reds were playing. ;)

Well, I had Brazil facing Croatia the final from the first round of group games this tourney. With Brazil winning it all.

Slightly wrong there but I now rake the Croats to win there first.

Oh yeah ..... Lukaku. The proverbial  flat track bully. Failing to turn up against a decent side. AGAIN! ...... Shocked! ..... NOT!!!!!

Hail.

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

To your second point, there is NOTHING preventing an offense from a quick restart, other than say intentionally handling the ball. The kicking team has the option of playing short and quick. But for a defending team to simply stand aside while a striker takes a free kick at an open net...nah, stand in the way make the ref move you off 10 yards.

Not talking about requiring anyone to stand aside or situations close to goal. Defenders actively move to stand in front of the ball all the time in the middle of the pitch to prevent a quick restart, and this is allowed. 

12 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ta for the run down. Seen nothing as the Reds were playing. ;)

Well, I had Brazil facing Croatia the final from the first round of group games this tourney. With Brazil winning it all.

Slightly wrong there but I now rake the Croats to win there first.

Oh yeah ..... Lukaku. The proverbial  flat track bully. Failing to turn up against a decent side. AGAIN! ...... Shocked! ..... NOT!!!!!

Hail.

I suppose Brazil aren't a decent side because he played very well against them. France's midfield did a masterful job cutting his supply too. 

8 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I suppose Brazil aren't a decent side because he played very well against them. France's midfield did a masterful job cutting his supply too. 

Wait. He had a good game against a good side?

Break out the champagne.

As you just know that will be it for the year from him. And that’s not a Utd thing. That’s a Lukaku thing. He was little better at Everton. What’s his top 6 record now? 1 in 7/8? 

He is what he is.

Hail.

40 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Props to Gregory Dupont fitness and conditioning trainer who's been doing a fantastic job, but doesn't get the credit

He needs to bench Giroud.

Surely Batshuayi can do better!

Must be SO frustrating for Gomez and Lallana, and Oxo-Chambo come to that, knowing they’d more than likely be starting a WC Semi tomorrow were it not for injury.

Ah well. England’s loss is the Reds gain with Adam and Joe getting in the full pre-season a whole host of WC players aren’t with the season starting earlier.

And talking about tomorrow, although I have no real interest in who wins either way, again, I do hope Degsy Lovren completely shuts down that horrible, cheating **** Kane. He’d give Luganus (Sp?) a run for his money in the diving stakes.  Bring Lovrens reemergence full circle after the Wembley debacle last year.

Hail. 

25 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wait. He had a good game against a good side?

Break out the champagne.

As you just know that will be it for the year from him. And that’s not a Utd thing. That’s a Lukaku thing. He was little better at Everton. What’s his top 6 record now? 1 in 7/8? 

He is what he is.

Hail.

In his first season at United he had a goal and an assist vs Chelsea, had an assist vs Liverpool and was instrumental in the second goal, game winning assist vs Tottenham and was instrumental in the opening goal vs Arsenal at Old Trafford. Goal scoring record should be better but he had a few good games against the top 6. 

Meh. That’s fudging his actual ‘displays’ there but regardless. Wouldn’t want to have to rely on him at all whe the chips are down.

Need to sort this Martial situation out as it’s unlikely Lukaku or Rashford will be anywhere near ready the first few games going to the end the WC.

@Long n Left

There yer go: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/10/liverpool-open-xherdan-shaqiri-transfer-negotiations-stoke-city/

Things are starting up again mate the closer we get the end the WC. The next month will be absolute transfer madness all over with clubs crazily agreeing to the early end the window leaving a month to do deals. That, coupled with the mad early start to next seaso. And the WC messing up players pre-seasons who have gone deep the tournament should force a lot of clubs hands to enter the market.

Hail.

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Meh. That’s fudging his actual ‘displays’ there but regardless. Wouldn’t want to have to rely on him at all whe the chips are down.

Need to sort this Martial situation out as it’s unlikely Lukaku or Rashford will be anywhere near ready the first few games going to the end the WC.

Hail.

I'll take 30 goals a season either way. Martial will probably be sold or part of a deal for a defender unfortunately. United have been rumored to be shopping around for a backup striker but I didn't see any names worth remembering. A quality one of those can be a bit tricky to find because it's not a position that sees established starters being rotated all that often and Lukaku played a ton last season. 

11 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

He needs to bench Giroud.

French medias asking for it too. I remember we won the WC in 1998 with a scoreless striker : Guivarc'h

Deschamps uses him to make spaces a vailable for others to attract attention from the opposing team. The bad thing is that he misses great scoring opportunities.

England shall prevail vs a croatian team which might not have much gas left in the tank

Edit: Hazard claiming Belgium was the better team, what a joke ! and that "he'd rather lose with Belgium rather than win with France. We have the most entertaining game and the best style of play".

Learn some sportsmanship from the country you're playing in sir, get over your disapointment.

Belgium possession, 64% shots on goal 9, 3 on target, France 15,  5 on target. You had only one good scoring opportunity we had many, thanks to Giroud we didn't score more.

He, Courtois and Kompany complained that we played defensively what a joke !, what did you do vs Brazil ? you just parked the bus !

Last but not least he said : "It would be nice if France could get a second star" Much more classy !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1