Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

38 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I am VERY interested to see who they bring in! Of course they’ll open their wallets, but how do you replace Ronaldo?! That’s like replacing Michael Jordan!

Agreed on the sin box.

To your second point, there is NOTHING preventing an offense from a quick restart, other than say intentionally handling the ball. The kicking team has the option of playing short and quick. But for a defending team to simply stand aside while a striker takes a free kick at an open net...nah, stand in the way make the ref move you off 10 yards.

Again soccer makes it's own problems by selective enforcement. This has already been adressed in "advice to referees" a decade ago. Not automatically giving ten yards, if it hits the defender, is an automatic yellow. Attacking teams should just kick it against the defender that is (clearly) within ten yards and get that yellow IF this was enforced consistently. 

main-qimg-391ab210fa509bf8b0c20e87d12d0f

Also, with VAR, reduce the size of the area where a penalty can be given. My suggestion would be width of the goal box all the way up to the penalty spot. Maybe also any handling (contact with arm or hand), intentional or otherwise, in this area is awarded a penalty.

Also, again with selective enforcement, they really need to give fouls in the box that would be fouls anywhere else on the pitch. As long as you give it both ways, it doesn't matter. It will lead to a higher scoring game and encourage teams to get in front of the goal. 

GKs can still use hands in the current penalty area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Again soccer makes it's own problems by selective enforcement. This has already been adressed in "advice to referees" a decade ago. Not automatically giving ten yards, if it hits the defender, is an automatic yellow. Attacking teams should just kick it against the defender that is (clearly) within ten yards and get that yellow IF this was enforced consistently. 

Agreed, but it isn't enforced regularly. My son has done this as a goalkeeper as a striker walked into his path on a volley, 1 time an immediate yellow was pulled when the ball struck the player, the second it was waved off because they said my son did it on purpose..."Well no **** Sherlock!"

If they would enforce the rule then fine, blast it into the offending player, but they don't, as such as a defender stall it.

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Also, with VAR, reduce the size of the area where a penalty can be given. My suggestion would be width of the goal box all the way up to the penalty spot. Maybe also any handling (contact with arm or hand), intentional or otherwise, in this area is awarded a penalty.

I like it, I would even be fine using the 6-yard box but pulling it out to the 18, make that your penalty area.

So any predictions?

I'm taking France 3-1, I don't think we've seen France's best yet and they already look better than anyone in the tournament.

• Thanks 1

I happen to like PK's, though I think they'd be more fun if the kick was from the 18, not the spot.  Anywhere on the 18, actually, if the kicker would prefer to be off center.

I'm rooting for Belgium - England to be the final.

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Thoughts and prayers for Giroud going up in Belgium as we speak. 

Lies. No one has prayed in Western Europe since the 1950s

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Both teams with some real opportunities at goal in the first half. I haven't seen France's keeper forced to make a save yet though, Belgium had one. Both look to be playing forward, but neither are going flat out yet.

Lloris had one full stretch save from KDB. 

• Thanks 1

@Elessar78 The ‘love’ line. You said you loved VAR. lead me in. Hence the ‘related.’ 

@Long n Left

L'pool 3 up half time. With the usual caveat of pre-season friendly/ league two side, that was an excellent work out that the first half team maximised to the fullest. Lovely football. Hard work. And some strong tattles. 

Ojo the star the half. Goal and assist for Rafa Camacho. Lallana back captaining and looking good with a goal. Put himself about a fair bit physically too which is nice to see being he's getting the 'injury prone' tag. Fabinho is just an elegant **** to watch on and off the ball. Both ends the park. And Ward made a great stop Tranmere's only chance. Solanke missed a couple of sitters. Early summer rust? Impressive from the first half team. 

And I LOVE the purple strip. Not normally one for kits but that looks dead sharp with the orange.

Hail.