Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I really don't want France anywhere near the final. I still think the English pull it off, I could just tell after their first match it wasnt going to be their choking dog normal type of major tournament performance where they do dumb things like draw with the US. It was looking like that might be the case but then Kane scored off a beautiful head ball into the corner. I stated then they have air superiority and this tournament has been all about scoring off set pieces and services into the box. Only problem is if they run into Belgium in the final because they are just as good inside the 18 so would be nice to see their actual sides play this time instead of both benches. Bring it on home lads.

This has been an amazing summer. The Capitals championship running right into the World Cup and once the World Cup ends it will be just about time for Redskins football. This offseason has flown by and drafting Guice was a complete shot in the arm that reinvigorated my hype of the upcoming season. 

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

It was looking like that might be the case but then Kane scored off a beautiful head ball into the corner. 

Not sure I’d call it a beautiful header. He was just standing far post, and the ball found him. 6 goals this tournament, and hasn’t had to work for a one. That header and tap in first game, where the ball just found him, 3 pens, and a ricochet of his heel. 

Rather be lucky than good.

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

@Gibbs Hog Heaven

Got my tix for the Wrap event Saturday night. Still waiting to hear about the training session. Already buzzing.

Reading the Chester accounts, including yours, thanks—sounds as though Jurgy’ll have some tough decisions to make. Sturridge, Wilson, Kent, Woodburn, Ojo, Ings, Solanke, Origi...who stays? Who goes? Loan or sale? Nice problems to have I’d say. Club seems in a very good way right now.

Still awaiting that Pulisic announcement! 

Sweet! You’ll have a blast the TAW gig. Top lads. 

Tough decisions indeed. The two Dutch lads started back today so that’s two more for Tranmere Tuesday. Just a pain n the arse it conflicts with France- Belgium so I’ll miss the one semi I really want to see. Sighs.

Surr our business will pick-up quickly again as soon as the WC is done. 

Enjoy OK. If you see any Texan heartbreakers feel free to run them ...... uhmmm, swerve around them. Or something. 

Hail.

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

"We're coming home" is basically England's version of "We want the Cup."

England over Belgium in the Final.

‘It’s’ coming home. The irony of a Nation with one World Championship, on home soil, and now two further last four appearances singing that isn’t lost on anyone.

Slaven Bilic, who’s blown every other analyst out of the water this WC over here (Sidenote-Absolute madness how he’s not in work. He explains things so simply that even the  casual WC viewer can understand tactical newancies. Fellas a top teacher) responded perfectly yesterday the Croatia semi with (paraphrasing) ‘What’s coming home? The third place trophy? You’ve won nottin since ‘66. We’ve never won anything. There is no ‘home.’

Hail.

24 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

‘It’s’ coming home. The irony of a Nation with one World Championship, on home soil, and now two further last four appearances singing that isn’t lost on anyone.

Slaven Bilic, who’s blown every other analyst out of the water this WC over here (Sidenote-Absolute madness how he’s not in work. He explains things so simply that even the  casual WC viewer can understand tactical newancies. Fellas a top teacher) responded perfectly yesterday the Croatia semi with (paraphrasing) ‘What’s coming home? The third place trophy? You’ve won nottin since ‘66. We’ve never won anything. There is no ‘home.’

Hail.

Its the year of the perennial loser.

Gonna be a big party in London in a little over a week.

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sweet! You’ll have a blast the TAW gig. Top lads. 

Tough decisions indeed. The two Dutch lads started back today so that’s two more for Tranmere Tuesday. Just a pain n the arse it conflicts with France- Belgium so I’ll miss the one semi I really want to see. Sighs.

Surr our business will pick-up quickly again as soon as the WC is done. 

Enjoy OK. If you see any Texan heartbreakers feel free to run them ...... uhmmm, swerve around them. Or something. 

Hail.

Up the northeast part of the state, better chance of running over a Kansan or Missourian than Texan, but there are enough blue and silver stars around here to make a guy throw up in his mouth.

8 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Up the northeast part of the state, better chance of running over a Kansan or Missourian than Texan, but there are enough blue and silver stars around here to make a guy throw up in his mouth.

Enid. 

You’re in the right radius. Ok. North-west but close enough to a simple Liverpudlian haha. 

But I’m not suggesting anything .....

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Enid. 

You’re in the right radius. Ok. North-west but close enough to a simple Liverpudlian haha. 

But I’m not suggesting anything .....

Hail.

Clearly you're just trying to divert everyone's attention from the fact that it's coming home. Where will you be when it comes home, and what's your vest size we're all pitching in so you have something nice to wear on the day it comes home? The way you're talking it's like you're not even aware...it's coming home!

To those who are unfamiliar with the torrid love affair my Scouse friends have with the Three Lions, let's just say the only thing funnier than England lifting the world cup is England lifting the world cup accompanied by an annoying catch phrase...like it's coming home. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Clearly you're just trying to divert everyone's attention from the fact that it's coming home. Where will you be when it comes home, and what's your vest size we're all pitching in so you have something nice to wear on the day it comes home? The way you're talking it's like you're not even aware...it's coming home!

To those who are unfamiliar with the torrid love affair my Scouse friends have with the Three Lions, let's just say the only thing funnier than England lifting the world cup is England lifting the world cup accompanied by an annoying catch phrase...like it's coming home. 

A respectable journo on twitter (can't remember which one of the ones I follow, some Guardian one probably) pointed out that in the beginning "it's coming home" was said with a joking tone. But now, it's like "oh ****, It's coming home!"

16 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

A respectable journo on twitter (can't remember which one of the ones I follow, some Guardian one probably) pointed out that in the beginning "it's coming home" was said with a joking tone. But now, it's like "oh ****, It's coming home!"

;)

Edited by FrFan

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Jordan Henderson is going to score the winning goal and then will do the Nobby Stiles dance with the cup.

Scousers heads will explode in conflict.

• Haha 1