Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

My England vs Uruguay final with England winning it all is looking alright. Cavani blowing a tire and his leg falling off could be a huge problem for my bracket though. For England, if they can't reach the final this year I'm not sure if they ever will anytime soon.

Edited by Zazzaro703

The commentators talking about the Russian FIFA ranking of 70 is idiotic. As hosts they played fewer competitive games and their  friendlies aren't counted. Realistically based on the caliber of their players they would be top 20.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

The commentators talking about the Russian FIFA ranking of 70 is idiotic. As hosts they played fewer competitive games and their  friendlies aren't counted. Realistically based on the caliber of their players they would be top 20.

ANYONE that puts ANY credence on the FIFA rankings needs to give their heads a SERIOUS wobble. Totally flawed and been nothing but a well mocked joke since they were introduced. 

The tears on Ramos the end there ..... Couldn’t have happened to a more despicable ____house.

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its the year of the perennial loser winning it all. First Eagles, then Caps.

England or Mexico will win the Cup.

God I hope not. I might well spend the rest of the summer in America if the former happened. 

Personally, coukfn’t see past Brazil going in. Seen little to change that view outside of maybe Croatia and they’ve not really started playing yet. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

They know FIFA rankings are garbage, but they're paid to fill time with noise that people that don't follow soccer too closely can follow.  No low hanging fruit is safe.  Especially something as ready made for TV chatter as "the biggest upset ever!" 

I seriously hate PKs. Worst part about World Cup. 

You are playing for the champioship of the world. The World Cup is arguably the most coveted trophy in sports. So MAKE the teams earn it. Play 

20 OTs if you have to. Make the players play until they drop. But decide the game on a winning goal, and not on stupid pks.  

Edited by Mournblade
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I seriously hate PKs. Worst part about World Cup. 

You are playing for the champioship of the world. The World Cup is arguably the most coveted trophy in sports. So MAKE the teams earn it. Play 

20 OTs if you have to. Make the players play until they drop. But decide the game on a winning goal, and not on stupid pks.  

I agree, I believe the Russians lost their last qualifying group game on purpose to play in Moscow and face Spain. Then they wanted to go to the pk shootout.

I would let 10 subs in OT.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

They know FIFA rankings are garbage, but they're paid to fill time with noise that people that don't follow soccer too closely can follow.  No low hanging fruit is safe.  Especially something as ready made for TV chatter as "the biggest upset ever!" 

Well I wish they would spend more time explaining "offsides" then.

20 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That ref was a disgrace all day, that was simply the final straw. I fully support the booking for Ronaldo’s reaction as well. But I don’t blame Ronaldo for his reaction.

I think that reaction is way across the line. Give the asshole a red card. Set a tone, because the belief that this kind of behavior is justifiable is what leads to violence against refs.

And if players actually give a **** about the integrity of the game, stop with the simulation and flopping.

Just for grins, a clip of Nigel Owens, arguably the best referee in the world.

Edited by Corcaigh

24 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Well I wish they would spend more time explaining "offsides" then.

Allow me, it’s a rule designed to make the game less fun than it could be.  It’s the wet blanket of rules.