Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You mean the one that was initially called against Columbia?

If so, I thought it was a PK at first too, but on review the player clearly got the ball first before any contact was made, it was clean.

He got the ball but came through him from behind, and I don’t think the ball was played away enough to say Mane would not have had a play on it had he not been taken down. Thought it was a pen when given, and after seeing the replay.

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Are there degenerate gamblers betting on Panama-Tunisia?

I’m sure, but not this one?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

He got the ball but came through him from behind, and I don’t think the ball was played away enough to say Mane would not have had a play on it had he not been taken down. Thought it was a pen when given, and after seeing the replay.

I’m sure, but not this one?

But coming from behind isn’t a foul unless you have to play through the ball carrier. As quickly as the ref over-turned HIS OWN call I’d say that was his thinking as well.

——

Group G games are boring...

no one playing for anything.

This is not great for defeating the boring soccer reputation.

——

From the sound of the crowd whistling it seems like they agree.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

England had a golden opportunity to tie it in the 2nd half, and botched it. I think England's youth showed a little in this game. 

Now they have their work cut out for them vs Columbia. 

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Group G games are boring...

no one playing for anything.

This is not great for defeating the boring soccer reputation.

If the second round can't produce exciting games, then I don't know what will: France/Argentina, Spain/Russia, Brazil/Mexico, Columbia/England. 

These are all fantastic match-ups. 

2nd round I'm going:

France

Uruguay (watch out for them)

Russia

Croatia

Brazil

Belgium

England

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

England had a golden opportunity to tie it in the 2nd half, and botched it. I think England's youth showed a little in this game. 

If the second round can't produce exciting games, then I don't know what will: France/Argentina, Spain/Russia, Brazil/Mexico, Columbia/England. 

Agreed on England's job with Colombia, but if James is out then that will be much easier. And Colombia hasn't looked all that sharp. Sure they won group but they had Japan, Poland and Senegal and it was basically a three-way tie going into the final group stage matches. That's NOT a dominant performance.

I'm looking forward to the knock out rounds, now we play for keeps. No more playing the points game.

14 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

2nd round I'm going:

France

Please elaborate, what makes you think we're going to beat Argentina ? We scored 3 goals one pk, one deflected auto goal, Mbappé scoring on a deflected shot by Giroud.

Batshuayi hitting himself in the head celebrating :)

4 hours ago, Mournblade said:

2nd round I'm going:

France

Uruguay (watch out for them)

Russia

Croatia

Brazil

Belgium

England

What about Sweden Switzerland?

Or, are you just being neutral?

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

First of all he's not out yet but even if he is Colombia is still much better than Japan. 

Haven’t been all that impressed with Columbia, and if James is not 100%, or doesn’t play, England should handle them.

Of course, Southgate could start crap ass Sterling and Young over Rashford or Vardy, and Rose or TAA (who was the best winger today in any of England’s 3 games so far.)

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Haven’t been all that impressed with Columbia, and if James is not 100%, or doesn’t play, England should handle them.

Of course, Southgate could start crap ass Sterling and Young over Rashford or Vardy, and Rose or TAA (who was the best winger today in any of England’s 3 games so far.)

I've seen every single minute Marcus Rashford has played at club level and he'll give you moments of brilliance or he'll look like he should at most be given cup minutes for the team I support in the Israeli league. Sterling despite his comical finishing is the better player IMO. 

Colombia could very well be impacted from a moral pov if James is out but the managerial match up is painfully one sided. Pekerman will have his team ready and for me he's the most underrated head coach in this tournament. They also have a few quality players that aren't household names like Quintero who may find himself at a bigger club than very soon.