Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

10 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

So is crotch sniffer going to get the boot. 

Nope, ""Before the World Cup, we decided the Executive Board of the Federation to extend the contract of Joachim Löw (until 2022) because we believe that no one better than him can handle the reconstruction that will be indispensable after the World Cup whatever happens, "says Grindel in the German daily Frankfurt "

22 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If I was Sweden I would send the Germany coach who was mocking them after their win something. Maybe a card that says enjoy your flight home.

They deserved to get trashed after turtling up against a 10 man side, but I’d definitely get a dig in if I was Sweden.  Maybe some ikea chocolates covered in scratch n sniff stickers.  

• Like 1

Got caught up with work but woooow, can't believe Germany got beat 2 nil against South freaking Korea in a must win game. Big for Mexico too, looks like they no showed today but will still advance. Sweden comes out of nowhere to win the group LOL.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if Brazil lost to Serbia later.

I think the German loss will make this tournament more exciting. With the favorite out, now all the remaining teams must all think they a have a legitimate shot at the Cup. The 2018 World Cup just went into overdrive.

Edited by Mournblade

34 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I think the German loss will make this tournament more exciting. With the favorite out, now all the remaining teams must all think they a have a legitimate shot at the Cup. The 2018 World Cup just went into overdrive.

WC Champions Curse

4 out of 5 of the last World Cup Champs have failed to advance out of group. Maybe the thinking should be that it’s incredible IF the defending champ makes it.

It’s obvious though that Germany is far from being the side they were four years ago.

My money at this point is on Belgium

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

WC Champions Curse

4 out of 5 of the last World Cup Champs have failed to advance out of group. Maybe the thinking should be that it’s incredible IF the defending champ makes it.

It’s obvious though that Germany is far from being the side they were four years ago.

Germany did dominate most of the games they played in. Were clearly vulnerable to the counter but only gave up one goal from counters (realistically prob should be 2, because of penalty not given vs SWE). Bigger problem was why they only scored two goals from 64 chances and only 1(?) from open play? Where's the Klinsmann, Voller, Klose, Bierhoff, Gerd Muller type forward they always seemed to have at World Cups? They went on a development binge two decades ago and made a bunch of midfielders and no forwards?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Germany did dominate most of the games they played in. Were clearly vulnerable to the counter but only gave up one goal from counters (realistically prob should be 2, because of penalty not given vs SWE). Bigger problem was why they only scored two goals from 64 chances and only 1(?) from open play? Where's the Klinsmann, Voller, Klose, Bierhoff, Gerd Muller type forward they always seemed to have at World Cups? They went on a development binge two decades ago and made a bunch of midfielders and no forwards?

This is an EXCELLENT summary...they defended VERY well but failed to produce.

24 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

So what are we looking at -- Sweden vs Switzerland, Brazil vs Mexico? That second game should have some fireworks. 

Looking forward to the Brasil v Mexico game. Hoping Marcelo is ok. Wouldn't hurt to get Danilo back too. 

The Germans had 67 shots in 3 games and could only muster 2 goals from it, that's crazy.

Would have loved to see Mexico go out, they are who I thought they were.  They tried to pay more aggressive today and they got killed for it.  They will be back to playing bunker ball in the next round.

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Germans had 67 shots in 3 games and could only muster 2 goals from it, that's crazy.

Would have loved to see Mexico go out, they are who I thought they were.  They tried to pay more aggressive today and they got killed for it.  They will be back to playing bunker ball in the next round.

They never replaced Muller and Klose's goals ultimately. 

• Like 1